More than 65 thousand sign up for Thailand Pass

webfact

20 hours ago, shdmn said:

Oh please.  When they rolled out the the electronic vaccination certificates in the west there were tons of problems at first.  There always are with these things at first.  People were on here beaking off about what a failure thai pass was day 1, which is laughable. Most if not all the problems are sorted now.

From your various posts you don't seem to be able to accept criticism of anything that Thailand gets wrong. I am against what is known as 'Thai bashing' when its done for the sake of it but its time you accepted that they are hideous at this sort of thing.

Don't forget, this is suposed to be an improved version of COE so they should have sorted out the bugs.  You are correct that some western 'Apps' have problems, I see people criticise them too.

But lets put this to the test:  How about the online 90 day reporting, how well would you say that works?

In addition, its just taken me 6 days to make a hotel booking in Bangkok - even with the help of a Thai friend.  This is a major hotel with close to 500 rooms and it appears they don't even have booking software.  I can honestly say, I've never experienced that anywhere else in the world.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

I can't believe I just had to scroll through 44 years of months to provide my birth date. It opened at Nov 2009 and I had to go back to 1965 month by month.

I tried all button options, every one just sent me back to Nov 2009 and I had to start again manually. Says it all really

Time to stop the embarrassing rules that are making Thailand look ridiculous to the World. Which HiSo got the contract for Thailand Pass, definitely nothing to do with contract award to the best company 

Pre-paid Hotel, taxi, pcr test, atk kit and covid insurance are just another scam where Thailand attempt to rip off the farangs

• Like 2

16 hours ago, funky moped said:

i applied november 1st , now its the 5th , i am supposed to fly on the 15th november, still not heard a thing, not even a confirmation email to say the  application has been recieved , so i have sent it everyday since hoping to get said email as i dont even know if the application has been recieved by the system , 

And what have you learned from your experience? Any warnings to others considering going to Thailand?

• Like 1

16K a day ain’t the tourist avalanche people think it is.

PLF (TM.6), test me on arrival at the airport or MAYBE before departure. Otherwise, forget it.

Oh, what’s that? 8500 new cases today? The ones they know about? Absolute ????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

So instead of just attaching your pdf document provided by the approved source, you have to now take a dodgy picture of your doc on your phone and send them that...

...not embarrassing to Thailand at all lol

Well there is a free to use converter available online but that's not the point - Thailand Pass was hailed as a simple, fast process. Yeah right! I don't blame the hotel - documents in PDF format, photos in Jpeg........................except in................55555

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I can't believe I just had to scroll through 44 years of months to provide my birth date. It opened at Nov 2009 and I had to go back to 1965 month by month.

I tried all button options, every one just sent me back to Nov 2009 and I had to start again manually. Says it all really

Did you try typing? That often works any time a date is required, including this time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

its just taken me 6 days to make a hotel booking in Bangkok - even with the help of a Thai friend.  This is a major hotel with close to 500 rooms and it appears they don't even have booking software.  I can honestly say, I've never experienced that anywhere else in the world.

Ahhh, maybe try book somewhere else.  There are only like 80 different options for test and go in BKK.

Or better yet why don't you go somewhere else since you seem to hate Thailand so much.  I hear Mexico and Indonesia are nice.

Edited by shdmn

6 hours ago, VBF said:

Not everywhere. In UK I got my first vax in February, booked online, (NHS App) with an immediate offer of a 2nd one in May, booked online.

Both gave me a choice of vax centres and both appeared on the App within days.

Yesterday, I was offered my booster, booked for end of November. I fully expect that to appear on the NHS App in due course.

That is one thing that UK has done right!

The UK sounds totally awesome.  Maybe you should stay there.  Why go somewhere where the gov't websites don't work properly day 1?  That's way worse than cold miserable weather and people for 11.9 months a year.

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Looking at the amount of people commenting on problems with the Thailand Pass application its clear that Thailand has scored a huge 'own goal' with this.  How can they have got it so wrong when its the second attempt (COE)?

With COE they began with the embassies doing all the legwork when it was clear, they had a lack of information in the same way that those wishing to travel did. That lead to embassies being flooded with e-mails and phone calls.  Their reaction was to stop answering their phones and operate by e-mail only (which could take many days). They were clearly overwhelmed but why? Probably because the MFA had issued poor information so in reality the embassies were as puzzled as their customers.  I remember being told to book a flight and hotel and when I said "Oh good, what date should I book for?" I was told, "just book it"..........................absolutely barmy.

What then followed was people making ASQ bookings for dates they would not use - they would change those dates once the embassy told them when they could fly.  So those who reached that stage suddenly found that all the hotels were full - mostly of fake bookings!

It then seemed that the embassies got the blame and the MFA took over COE applications. Within days the complaints started, the MFA couldn't cope and a few weeks later, I don't think they officially announced it but when applications were received by the MFA, they were kicked back to the relevant embassy.

How difficult was/is it?

You want to check that travellers meet your requirements to enter your country - that's difficult?  With the original entry requirements, they wanted to control the flights too but gave that up after a few months.  Its not bloody difficult, that's the answer but it is if you over-complicate things.  If you publish a list of requirements and people ignore them or the airlines fail to check them, send them back home - just as they do with people who need a visa arriving without one.

I compare this with my wife's 2 trips to the UK - coming to the UK, pretty easy, my wife had her visa so - book testing in the UK, fill out a passenger locator form and enter the testing details - done, just fly.  The problems began on her return flights which on the first trip had to be on a 'repatriation flight'.....wait, wait, wait, problems, problems, problems.

This year? A little easier because they realised that the planes were still flying and it was too difficult for them to match planes and hotels so they let you book them yourself but my wife still had to go through the COE process - she also had to install an 'App' on her phone that nobody checked on arrival in Thailand.

They've been accepting international arrivals since July 2020, lots of time to streamline and iron out the bugs, I think that's enough time to get this right. There are no excuses for this mayhem - its just bad management.

Those trying to defend them on this should consider the purpose of these new entry initiatives - to get the decimated Thai tourist industry back on its feet.

Most of us here have connections to Thailand so have no choice but to persevere - how many holiday-makers will do that?

CoE process was not difficult.

I came back once on repat flight, 3 times on commercial airlines, CoE was no problem.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

And what have you learned from your experience? Any warnings to others considering going to Thailand?

apply with plenty of time to spare, if for some reason my application is now rejected it will be to late to resubmit it , my  fingers are crossed all is ok and it comes through next week.....

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

CoE process was not difficult.

I came back once on repat flight, 3 times on commercial airlines, CoE was no problem.

There's always one isn't there - and its usually you.  Of course it was all fine for you, you never have any problems. Whenever the Thai authorities see its you making and application, they roll out the red carpet and give you the VIP treatment. I have no doubt that if you applied for Thailand Pass, you'd have approval the next day.  Clearly the Thai authorities thought there was something wrong with it - its gone.

Tell your stories to all the guys who had problems with COE or tell it to my wife who even as a Thai, struggled.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Ahhh, maybe try book somewhere else.  There are only like 80 different options for test and go in BKK.

Or better yet why don't you go somewhere else since you seem to hate Thailand so much.  I hear Mexico and Indonesia are nice.

You might have noticed other people having similar problems. I figured that might be the case so starting again might niot have been any different.  80 hotels? I can discount 80% of those, I'm not in the habit of paying ridiculous prices to spend a few hours in a room.

I'd love to go somewhere else but unfortunately my wife dosen't live in either Mexico or Indonesia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tracyb said:

Here’s something new that showed up on the Thai Pass app…..a statement saying that outlook and hotmail addresses, if used, may delay receipt of the pass……

3E1B389E-D5DC-49E9-A05E-53F956192C39.jpeg

Outlook?? Are they crazy? I can't speak for other countries but Outlook is one of the most popular in the UK.  Anyone had any success with gmail?

Edited by KhaoYai

16 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

You might have noticed other people having similar problems. I figured that might be the case so starting again might niot have been any different.  80 hotels? I can['t] discount 80% of those, I'm not in the habit of paying ridiculous prices to spend a few hours in a room.

I'd love to go somewhere else but unfortunately my wife dosen't live in either Mexico or Indonesia.

First you implied all hotels are disorganized and taking a long time to book for everyone.  Now we find out you are only interested in the cheapest option.  How the goal posts change when pushed.

Why marry a Thai if you think they are all ignorant and stupid and can't do anything right?

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Why marry a Thai if you think they are all ignorant and stupid and can't do anything right?

Where did I say that?  I think the ignorant and stupid are those who can't accept Thailand gets anything wrong - even when there's plentiful evidence that they do.  Still waiting for your answer to my question about online 90 day reporting.

They've had since July 2020 to get this right but there's been problems all the time.  Its not difficult!

People could lose their flights with this latest problem, have you considered that?

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

As I said in the previous post - where did I say that?  Earlier you accused me of hating Thailand.  I don't hate Thailand or its people, I hate this government - a sentiment I would add, shared by a great many Thais. You might have noticed the demonstrations in Bangkok?

I, and many others complain about them because their actions have adversely affected our lives and those of our families.  We don't complain about imaginary things - they are very real and they affect both foreigners and Thais:

During this pandemic: From their cash handouts to the vaccine rollout. From COE to Thailand Pass. Exemption from quarantine that is actually one night's quarantine. Name me one thing they've got right? And that's just since March 2020. 

They've actually been wrecking the country since 2014.  They stabilised a bad situation but they should have gone immediately after that.  A change to the constitution that stitched up the country and ensured the military stay in control no matter who's Prime Minister followed by an extremely questoinable election result. Any credible opposition charged with trumped up offences and locked up. Announcements about trips to the moon when half the country is absolutely broke.

What's to like about them?

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

As I said in the previous post - where did I say that?  Earlier you accused me of hating Thailand.  I don't hate Thailand or its people, I hate this government - a sentiment I would add, shared by a great many Thais. You might have noticed the demonstrations in Bangkok?

I, and many others complain about them because their actions have adversely affected our lives and those of our families.  We don't complain about imaginary things - they are very real and they affect both foreigners and Thais:

During this pandemic: From their cash handouts to the vaccine rollout. From COE to Thailand Pass. Exemption from quarantine that is actually one night's quarantine. Name me one thing they've got right? And that's just since March 2020. 

They've actually been wrecking the country since 2014.  They stabilised a bad situation but they should have gone immediately after that.  A change to the constitution that stitched up the country and ensured the military stay in control no matter who's Prime Minister followed by an extremely questoinable election result. Any credible opposition charged with trumped up offences and locked up. Announcements about trips to the moon when half the country is absolutely broke.

What's to like about them?

You’re never gonna get an answer…they’re too busy simping for the government. i hope they’re getting paid at least. the fact people are even discussing this should show how much they like thailand. but this ???????? is too far over the pale for anybody who doesn’t have a vested interest in getting back there, such as family or property. Nobody’s putting up with it, not when there are closer destinations with a far less chance of picking up covid. 

On 11/4/2021 at 7:49 PM, webfact said:

Mr. Tanee said the MFA is working to provide detailed information on the current entry protocols, as well as answers to frequently asked questions. This information is available on the MFA’s website.

Missed that before. Isn't the norm to provide detailed information from the start?