COVID-19: Thailand reports 8,148 new coronavirus cases, 8,238 recoveries and 80 deaths

webfact

2021-07-17T010926Z_1_LYNXMPEH6G00F_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Friday (November 5) reported 8,148 new COVID-19 cases, 8,238 recoveries and 80 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 1,922,709

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,807,304

Friday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,951,572 with 19,542 deaths.

The news comes as the Chonburi Provincial Police held a meeting this afternoon, November 4th, 2021, with Pattaya business owners in the hotel, restaurant, bar, service, and entertainment industry to address concerns about a continued ban on alcohol sales at restaurants and the closure of bars and entertainment venues.

Entertainment venues have been closed for almost seven months straight in Pattaya due to “Covid-19” concerns, according to Chonburi Provincial Police. Prior to this, venues were closed for 4 months straight in 2020 and a month earlier this year in January, giving a grand total of a year of mandated closures.

According to multiple Pattaya business owners, little to no financial aid or support has been given for these closures.

*THE PATTAYA NEWS contributed to this report

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update5NOV).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-05

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That is a very sad statistic. I know that's for all foreigners and not just Expats. If you remember I just went through hell to get my GF vaccinated and had it not been for persistence she would still be unvaccinated.  This government put foreign migrant workers at the back of the line.

I still don't have a single including my Thai wife.

• Sad 5

Still rolling out the Sinovac:

Bangkok will start vaccinating employees of businesses and establishments with Sinovac-AstraZeneca vaccine cocktail from November 9 onward. #Bangkok #COVID19 #vaccine #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40008441

It is very difficult for a lot of people to get a vaccine... Why?? first of all all who got 1 vaccine get an an appointment for a second one, second, because of the bad working vaccines in the beginning now people need a third jab or a so called booster, Third they start to vaccinate groups of students.  There is no time anymore to vaccinate people who got nothing at all. Besides that the delaying of the Moderna, made people decide to wait, and now they are almost begging people to come for a Sinovac. But now the Moderna has arrived and who wants to get another vaccine now?? It is a mess, The unvaccinated have to wait longer and longer with all risks

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I just got back from school, my daughter called me to bring her home, she and the other teens all got there second Pfizer jabs yesterday and a good majority of them are now off sick with fever, headaches and stomach pain, she's in bed now recovering. The first jab was just an arm ache but the second seems to really kick in the side effects. Still now all fully protected.

Lets pray none of these young kids get myocarditis, was told of 1 case in Pattaya already from a teenage boy.

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I just got back from school, my daughter called me to bring her home, she and the other teens all got there second Pfizer jabs yesterday and a good majority of them are now off sick with fever, headaches and stomach pain, she's in bed now recovering. The first jab was just an arm ache but the second seems to really kick in the side effects. Still now all fully protected.

It seems that it's the 1st AZ and the 2nd Pfizer that have the worst side effects.

my wife got her second vaccine(chinese) yesterday and she was not told anything about getting AZ as a third one, she still has moderna paid for so she is looking at getting that as her third shot but the fact they/the govt are not organizing third shots after the chinese stuff is pretty bad

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

A secondary school in Nikhom Khamsoi district of Mukdahan province was ordered shut by provincial public health office on Thursday after 40 people have tested positive for Covid-19. #Mukdahan #COVID19 #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://twitter.com/Thenationth/status/1456444484212822020

And here we ago again. Quite simply vaccination rates nationally are too low. As I have posted my wife went to another another province for jabs. Both her mother and my kids teacher have told her to stay put as the covid situation in the home province is not good. 7 in her village. Last wk 50 in Global House.

Edited by dinsdale

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

That is a very sad statistic. I know that's for all foreigners and not just Expats. If you remember I just went through hell to get my GF vaccinated and had it not been for persistence she would still be unvaccinated.  This government put foreign migrant workers at the back of the line.

I had a heck of a job to get vaccinated, although this was mostly because of incompetence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

A secondary school in Nikhom Khamsoi district of Mukdahan province was ordered shut by provincial public health office on Thursday after 40 people have tested positive for Covid-19. #Mukdahan #COVID19 #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://twitter.com/Thenationth/status/1456444484212822020

TNAMCOT are reporting 90 students and teachers:

RT-PCR test results showed 90 students and teachers of a school in Mukdaharn tested negative for Covid-19 after they had received false positive results by antigen test kits.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1456464945638305806

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:

TNAMCOT are reporting 90 students and teachers:

RT-PCR test results showed 90 students and teachers of a school in Mukdaharn tested negative for Covid-19 after they had received false positive results by antigen test kits.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1456464945638305806

Nov 4 = ATK examination for the whole school, 72 teachers, 1,202 students, 90 positive results, quarantined at field hospital. Nov 5 = Repeated RT-PCR test, announced at 7:00 a.m., all negative results.

Question: Which company's ATK?

https://twitter.com/erich_parpart/status/1456465443179302912

57 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

Yes, it is good to see that.  But that good news is tempered by the fact that the official number of new cases does not include 3848 rapid test positive tests.  Unless there are more than 95% false positives in that statistic, REAL new cases exceeded recoveries.  

Yes, and quite likely going by some of the examples seen above. Very unreliable, so best keep to the official data. 

Edited by Kadilo

53 minutes ago, seajae said:

my wife got her second vaccine(chinese) yesterday and she was not told anything about getting AZ as a third one, she still has moderna paid for so she is looking at getting that as her third shot but the fact they/the govt are not organizing third shots after the chinese stuff is pretty bad

I know that teachers that had 2 of the Chinese juice got a shot of Pfizer as a 3rd.

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

My wife (Thai) went to another province to get her 2nd jab (1st Sinovac 2nd AZ) because she said it was easier than the home province. The kid (12 yr) also got jabbed there with Pfizer because it hasn't been organized at her school yet. Myself I am now double dosed with AZ. Pfizer booster in 6 months. Funny I can remember more than 12 wks ago saying I want 2 AZ this yr and Pfizer booster nxt yr. Someone said I was dreaming. 

I will try and get a booster when I fly back to the US in January and after talking to my Doctor in the US would hope to obtain it just before I fly back at the end of February.  Will try and make it Pfizer.  That booster shot will be at or just around the 6 month mark from my last AZ jab.  I hope all that need a vaccination get one soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nov 4 = ATK examination for the whole school, 72 teachers, 1,202 students, 90 positive results, quarantined at field hospital. Nov 5 = Repeated RT-PCR test, announced at 7:00 a.m., all negative results.

Question: Which company's ATK?

https://twitter.com/erich_parpart/status/1456465443179302912

This is a very serious incident and hopefully will be fully investigated as to why this particular batch of ATK's were so inaccurate. Was it the brand or the method in which the samples were taken? ATK's are normally very accurate, above 95% although the Thai government did purchase a few million dodgy ones that were not WHO approved. 

Either that or everyone who enters via the new Test & Go will be facing automatic quarantine when they test themselves with the provided ATK on day 5 or 6.

As a side note, our family regularly uses ATK's along with 100's of students and parents because of school and they have all been negative.

P.S. talking of the Test and Go

Richard Barrow just reported it took 28 hours quarantined in his room for him to get his pcr test result when he arrived back in Bangkok

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

Slightly up from the previous figure of 111 cases. Worrying is the fact that yet again it was the unvaccinated who passed away and the question has to be, would the vaccination have made a difference with congenital disease? 

Health officials on Thursday (Nov 4) reported 120 new COVID-19 cases, 67 were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 36 cases were found in Pranburi, 1 case in Sam Roi Yot, 11 cases in Kuiburi, No-case found in Thap Sakae, N0- case in Bang Saphan, No- case in Bang Saphan Noi, and 5 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

2 more deaths were reported today, 1 Thai man aged 85-year-old, who lived in Mung Prachup district area, and the other a Thai woman who lived in Hua Hin, both of them had a congenital disease and were not vaccinated.

Nov 4: Prachuap reports 120 new COVID-19 cases, 67 cases in Hua Hin - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

• Like 2