Have you been afraid of Covid-19 in the past 1.5 years?

peter zwart

7 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

I'll catch heat for this, but I kinda feel like this should be acknowledged as a valid opinion to have. It should be considered ok to just not care.

Not sure when/where it was decided that we automatically owe others a duty of care that extends to the arbitrary and unspecific point of whenever they decide they feel safe, and regardless of the inconvenience this imposed obligation would place on our own lives.

Also not sure why questioning the reasonableness of this assumed obligation is seen as heretical by so many. I definitely don't automatically assume that others are obliged to massively inconvenience themselves for my own well being, and so find it hard to understand why others seem to do this.

Sadly, we're all in this together.  And the recent spike in hospitalizations/deaths are pretty much all attributed to the unvaxxed.  Who either won't get the jab due to misinformation, or they just don't care.

I'd really like this pandemic to wind down.  The way out of this is jabs, wearing a mask (jabbed or not) and social distancing (jabbed or not).  Sorry, for some to say they don't care about others and won't do the above...well...right.  No sympathy from most of us.

Luckily, governments and organizations are getting tough on these people.  I'm massively inconvenienced by these people.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

You are a threat to others if you don't mask up.  It's not my opinion, it's the opinion of all the credible medical experts and scientists.

I practice EXTREME SOCIAL DISTANCING.

I wear a mask, when I go to 7-11, Makro & HomePro  and they are the ONLY times and location that any one is within 10 meters of me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm massively inconvenienced by these people.

Yeah, so am I. We need to decide on one way to end this pandemic and then mandate it. If that means forcible jabs, then let's nut up and do it. If that means living with the virus and some more deaths each year, then let's nut up and do it. I really dgaf at this point.

I work pretty hard so that I can live a lifestyle I enjoy, and Covid has forced me to put much of it on hold for almost two years now. I'm getting very tired of having to wait while others muck about.

All I want is for either the masses and/or our governments to have the courage to chart a course of action that will put this behind us. But as is usual today, polarization and broken structure of democracy are dragging this out for way longer than necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

How convenient that you decided that its' "doubtful" deaths reports might not be accurate. Perhaps the total number of deaths reported is accurate, but that doesn't address the question of excess mortality. Our worldindata.org provides excess mortality reports about 41 countries. For instance, Russia has a total excess mortality of 940,000, yet only about 250,000 of those are ascribed to Covid. Amazing coincidence, no? Another amazing fact is that despite the fact that Thailand is judged to have an excellent public health system, it doesn't report on excess mortality. So ourworldindata.org or other research bodies don't have the official figures they need to make such reports.

I'm not saying the #s you or anyone quote are inaccurate, as I just don't know or care TBH.

But most say any #s I quote, seem to be suspect.  With that, I will simple base my opinion on things I personally know as fact.  Feel free to call me a liar, I have thick skin.

Fact ... still after 18 months of covid19, I don't know 1 person personally, that has had a confirmed case of C19.  My daughter, probably, untested / unconfirmed, but about 10 of her friends tested positive, in the same time frame she was having a bout of something 'flu-like'.  So there's that.

Aside from her, my daughter, I don't know one person personally, who knows of 1 person, tested positive, or more importantly, that has died from C19.  No surprise, since I'm anti-social, and the small % of the population that has actually died from.  What's Thailand, 281 per million, and I don't personally know 100 people here.

Fact ... and the saddest thing I can imagine, I do know someone (brother) who's friend's son died (7yrs old), not from covid, but after receiving a mandated vaccination, so he could attend school.  Worst, father is an anti-vaxxer and caved to pressure, to the vaccination.   Not only does he have to live with loss of his son, but the knowledge, he went against his better judgement.

Edited by KhunLA

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'm not saying the #s you or anyone quote are inaccurate, as I just don't know or care TBH.

But most say any #s I quote, seem to be suspect.  With that, I will simple base my opinion on things I personally know as fact.  Feel free to call me a liar, I have thick skin.

Fact ... still after 18 months of covid19, I don't know 1 person personally, that has had a confirmed case of C19.  My daughter, probably, untested / unconfirmed, but about 10 of her friends tested positive, in the same time frame she was having a bout of something 'flu-like'.  So there's that.

Aside from her, my daughter, I don't know one person personally, who knows of 1 person, tested positive, or more importantly, that has died from C19.  No surprise, since I'm anti-social, and the small % of the population that has actually died from.  What's Thailand, 281 per million, and I don't personally know 100 people here.

Fact ... and the saddest thing I can imagine, I do know someone (brother) who's friend's son died (7yrs old), not from covid, but after receiving a mandated vaccination, so he could attend school.  Worst, father is an anti-vaxxer and caved to pressure, to the vaccination.   Not only does he have to live with loss of his son, but the knowledge, he went against his better judgement.

Wow. You lead an amazing life. Not only do you not know anyone who died from covid but despite a self described anti-social  life  you manage to know through your brother of a 7 year old child who died from a covid vaccination. What's more astonishing is that there has been absolutely no news about this at all. Your claim is so believable. As Oscar Wilde remarked that after reading the death of Nell in Oliver Twist, when I read your comment about the anti-vaxxer father who could never forgive himself, I could help but burst...out laughng. You should be writing trite fiction.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

Wow. You lead an amazing life. Not only do you not know anyone who died from covid but despite a life  you manage to know through your brother of a 7 year old child who died from a covid vaccination. What's more astonishing is that there has been absolutely no news about this at all. Your claim is so believable. As Oscar Wilde remarked that after reading the death of Nell in Oliver Twist, when I read your comment about the anti-vaxxer father who could never forgive himself, I could help but burst...out leafing. You should be writing trite fiction.

Don't know or care if that death was in the news.  Just repeating what my brother told me.  May have been or not been a news-blip about it.

I do know of 1000's of deaths, suspected from the vaccine, that have been reported to VAES, which of course will be called fake, as all my sources are...  Oh yea, this is just the USA.

Do you know the USA has a special 'vaccine court' to compensate victims of vaccinations.  Keeps the civil courts docket clear, also allowing for quicker settlements, and of course, the drug companies don't have to accept any responsibility for the damage done by the vaccines.

It's actually funded by the vaccine sales, ironic, as $1 of the cost of vaccines goes toward the settlement fund, and they've paid out millions if not billions to claimants.   But hey, what do I know.

8 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Don't know or care if that death was in the news.  Just repeating what my brother told me.  May have been or not been a news-blip about it.

I do know of 1000's of deaths, suspected from the vaccine, that have been reported to VAES, which of course will be called fake, as all my sources are, but I'll post a screen shot anyway.  Oh yea, this is just the USA.

Do you know the USA has a special 'vaccine court' to compensate victims of vaccinations.  Keeps the civil courts docket clear, also allowing for quicker settlements, and of course, the drug companies don't have to accept any responsibility for the damage done by the vaccines.

It's actually funded by the vaccine sales, ironic, as $1 of the cost of vaccines goes toward the settlement fund, and they've paid out millions if not billions to claimants.   But hey, what do I know.

What you're reporting is false. Whether you came up with it or it's an invention of your brothers, it's fake. That would definitely make the news. Where did this alleged incident occur? Something tells me you don't know and don't care. And someone laid way too much icing on the cake with that maudlin nonsense about the father being anti-vax and never forgiving himself. Ever heard the phrase "jumping the shark"?

The reason there is a vaccine court is that pharmaceutical companies weren't pursuing creating vaccine for fear of being sued. So that's why vaccine courts were created. Not a response to Covid. And as for you "hey, what do I know"? you've got a point. If you knew, you would know whether it was millions or billions. So, the answer to your question is "Not much."

As for what the VAERS is and how it works. Basically anyone can report any adverse incident following a vaccination with covid. You'll note that they are called "adverse incidents" and not "adverse effects". It may come as a surprise to you that there is no vaccine that makes someone invulnerable. People get ill and die all from all sorts of things every. Biostatisticans are constantly combing these reports to tease out anything significant. Even when a correlation has been found, statistically speaking it still makes more sense to get vaccinated than not because the correlations are relatively minute compared to the consequences of not being vaccinated.

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2021 at 2:50 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s not been all bad news.

The Pandemic has for me, and many others, been an opportunity to think about what’s important and reorganize my life accordingly.

I’ve built the house I always wanted to build, spent time with my wife and family, changed my habits around things that have a health impact and got some serious cycling done.

I got my weight down to what it was when I was in my twenties and I’m fitter and happier now than I’ve been for many years.

I know many others who have likewise reset their priorities and are happier for having done so.

The ‘new normal’ has some very bright and promising opportunities.

I’m really looking forward to see how the changes wrought by this pandemic pan out, most of all I’m looking forward to see how young people respond to the ‘new normal’.

Well done on all the above.  Nice to hear you didn't waste the time.

Short answer - No 

Scared of the extraordinary cost to lives and livelihoods caused by the hysterical reaction to it - fatal disruptions to treatments for myriad more serious grave conditions - disruption to the education of our future generations , who'll be mired in further debt and instability for generations. Creating many extremely serious problems does nothing to resolve the one in front of us.

Masks in closed places and distancing etc., was sensible initially but the lockdowns were inane and insane. 

People talk about damage to organs, but that occurs with most conditions and we don't panic about that. It's good that it has encouraged many to get fitter and lose weight as those two simple steps can make the body more robust with a better immune response to any virus or disease. 

The correct response, if we believe in an extraordinary reaction to something like the emergence of a new virus, would have been to quickly shut down travel out of the area until more was known - hundreds of thousands continued  flying out of the region where this virus originated - I heard about laying on a beach on Bali in January 2020 so I'm sure our 'leaders' were informed.

I doubt anyone wants any illness but to be fearful of one illness with a very high recovery rate in relatively healthy people whilst not showing any concern at all of the other risks to ourselves we knowingly take every day is bizarre.  Of course, measures to protect the old and those with conditions making them more vulnerable to this or flu or anything else would be sensible and humane but to ruin  so many young lives and disrupt so much that we all rely on was insanity, and most know or are starting to realize this.

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I do know of 1000's of deaths, suspected from the vaccine, that have been reported to VAES, which of course will be called fake, as all my sources are, but I'll post a screen shot anyway.  Oh yea, this is just the USA.

cdc.jpg

Utter nonsense.

VAERS gathers self reports of alleged vaccine reactions, nobody self reports there own deaths.

If you are going to allege thousands of deaths you need to produce some verified evidence of those deaths.

Your report of deaths is just like what you say your brother told you - hearsay.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

<snipped>

Where are they giving vaccines to 7 year olds?  It is just starting in the US yesterday.  I know they are not mandated in the US or the UK.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

Where are they giving vaccines to 7 year olds?  It is just starting in the US yesterday.  I know they are not mandated in the US or the UK.  

Good point. Even if they gave it to this alleged 7 year old, that would be a real quick death. Anyway, it's obvious that this story would have been pounced on by the anti-vaxx media.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Scott said:

Check that, my bad, he was 13

Untitled.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scott said:

This is blatantly false.  First of all, vaccines for students are NOT mandatory in California.   Secondly, there is no evidence that this death actually occurred:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-068847658454

And this why, I'll stop replying to these threads: 

"California Becomes First State in Nation to Announce COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements for Schools

Published: Oct 01, 2021

After implementing first-in-the-nation school masking and staff vaccination measures, California becomes the first state to announce plans to require student vaccinations – adding the COVID-19 vaccine to list of vaccinations required for school, such as the vaccines for measles, mumps, and rubella

Students will be required to be vaccinated for in person learning starting the term following FDA full approval of the vaccine for their grade span (7-12 and K-6)."

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2021/10/01/california-becomes-first-state-in-nation-to-announce-covid-19-vaccine-requirements-for-schools/

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Check that, my bad, he was 13

Untitled.png

Please, you post a BS report about a 7 year old who died from being vaccinated and he had an antivax father who now regrets that he got the vaccination done.  Now you're claiming the child was actually 13 years old and no reference at all to a regretful parent.. I've seen a few reports of deaths of teens after getting vaccinated. But "after" doesn't necessarily because of. Also, I never saw in any of those stories a reference to the father being an anti-vaxxer who bitterly regrets getting his child vaccinated. You just laid it on too thick.

Maybe you were thinking about a father who  regretted not getting his daughter vaccinated?

https://www.wavy.com/covid-19-vaccine/florida-dad-regrets-not-getting-covid-vaccine-after-15-year-old-daughters-death/

or this one?

After teen daughter hospitalized with Covid, mom regrets saying no to vaccine

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/after-teen-daughter-hospitalized-covid-mom-regrets-saying-no-vaccine-n1274227

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

"California Becomes First State in Nation to Announce COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements for Schools

After implementing first-in-the-nation school masking and staff vaccination measures, California becomes the first state to announce plans to require student vaccinations – adding the COVID-19 vaccine to list of vaccinations required for school, such as the vaccines for measles, mumps, and rubella

Students will be required to be vaccinated for in person learning starting the term following FDA full approval of the vaccine for their grade span (7-12 and K-6)."

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2021/10/01/california-becomes-first-state-in-nation-to-announce-covid-19-vaccine-requirements-for-schools/

Well, you need to note the word "plans to require".  It also says after approval by the FDA.  It is no where near being approved for students.  It is currently under Emergency Use Authorization.  

So, there is no mandate for vaccines for children or adolescents.  So no parent was forced to get their child vaccinated.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scott said:

Well, you need to note the word "plans to require".  It also says after approval by the FDA.  It is no where near being approved for students.  It is currently under Emergency Use Authorization.  

So, there is no mandate for vaccines for children or adolescents.  So no parent was forced to get their child vaccinated.  

well that explain it, my brother, one of the most honest people I know, must have lied to me.

it's only approved for 'emergency use' .. and yet, everyone's getting vaccinated, with mandates from fed & states for so many.  Let that sink in.

And why I'll stay off the covid, mask, vaccine thread. 

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

A number of posts have been removed or edited for being off-topic, personal comments to fellow forum members, unsubstantiated/unsourced information, bickering, etc etc.

As has been noted in the forum posts above, people of all ages die all the time for all kinds of different reasons. The fact that anyone dies sometime shortly after receiving a vaccine doesn't mean the vaccine was the cause of the death, unless the health authorities in fact determine it was the cause. So it's misleading, and off-topic for this thread, to continue that debate here in the absence of that kind of a causal connection.

1 hour ago, Scott said:

That's correct. Because, the California vaccine mandate for students, under the state policy adopted more than a month ago, only takes effect AFTER the FDA fully approves the vaccine for student age group. So no student in California thus far has been required to be vaccinated for COVID as a result of that state policy. See the news report below:

Nov. 4, 2021:

"A day after the Centers for Disease Control gave preliminary approval for children ages 5 to 11 to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, California followed suit and allowed [emphasis added] children in California to begin receiving jabs as soon as Thursday. Some counties, including Santa Clara, have already started accepting appointments for children."

AND

"School districts are also encouraging parents to get their children vaccinated, but so far it appears no districts — except Culver City Unified — are requiring it. Gov. Gavin Newsom announced last month that Covid vaccinations will be required for children to attend school the first semester after the Food and Drug Administration grants full approval to the vaccines, which could be as soon as January 2022 but will likely be later."

https://edsource.org/2021/after-covid-vaccine-okd-for-children-whats-next-for-schools/663220

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I suggest if you are looking for a reason to stop, you first consider you’ve been caught out posting blatant falsehoods.

• Like 2