buying a treadmill.

Hi All,

I am currently looking for a treadmill and I am little bit lost when it comes to local manufacturers. I've found two local companies/brands - Irontec and World master fitness - which have machines that look suitable, but I am having a hard time finding any reviews. Anyone had any experience with these?

Are there any other brands I should look at? I want to spend around 30k THB (not fixed, can do more if justified).

It will be mostly used for daily light running (10-12 km/h). I don't weigh much and don't plan to train more than 1-1.5h per day, so I don't need a heavy duty machine, but would like it to last a few years with no or very little maintenance.

Pointers much appreciated! Thanks.

Edited by shadowofacloud

at shopping centres there are open shops, where you can try machines and talk to sellers.

Also you can check gyms to have idea which one you like. They might be even be selling their old one.

On lazada the cheapest one are from 2k, not electric. From 3k electric ones.

Check fb marketplace for second hand.

During lockdown many gyms were closing down.

Also many people bought theirs at lockdown and now would be selling off. Most of them not used much, people were buying the out of boredom

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, shadowofacloud said:

Thanks mate, but I am strictly a runner.

I was an amateur marathon and ultra-marathon runner a decade ago, then switched to other activities, now getting back to running, but in a less competitive context.

Right so then perhaps Beach Running Ideal if accessible. Softer Dragging surface.

Did 3k / 6k Road Races & Rucking in my 20’s. Knees started playing up so switched to HIIT Fin Pool Swimming & HIIT Gym Bike later, stayed with that plus Gym / Body Weight stuff ever since.try this.

https://www.bestreviews.guide/best-home-treadmills?origin=google&google_params[matchtype]=b&google_params[network]=g&google_params[device]=t&google_params[creative]=401072645993&google_params[keyword]=&google_params[adposition]=&google_params[adgroupid]=80805659930&google_params[campaignid]=8344030521&bs=&google_params[feeditemid]=&google_params[targetid]=dsa-19959388920&google_params[loc_interest_ms]=&google_params[loc_physical_ms]=9074417&google_params[devicemodel]=&google_params[target]=&new_api=true&dest=0&sys_id=0|254&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu73KioKI9AIVsmDmCh34iAZjEAAYAiAAEgIfY_D_BwE

I know of many treadmills and stationery bike that after a short while turned in to a thing to hang your clothes on.. i would try to look for a gym nearby and start running there for a while and check out their equipment and make an informed decision as the good machines are pretty expensive...

• Like 1

I bought this one a few months back and it works fine,  the one thing I needed was a unit that isn't too noisy when running and this one is one of the quietest I've heard.  But no bells and whistles ,  no tilt or fancy gear,  just simple but not expensive. 

image.png.17857c5715e5ca44643985534874dd36.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I bought this one a few months back and it works fine,  the one thing I needed was a unit that isn't too noisy when running and this one is one of the quietest I've heard.  But no bells and whistles ,  no tilt or fancy gear,  just simple but not expensive. 

image.png.17857c5715e5ca44643985534874dd36.png

Is your wife still using it?

D93213C1-98A9-4E2F-BB69-C43D04F2C884_4_5005_c.jpeg

I have an Irontec Viva V4. About three months now. It hasn’t broken down yet.

The treadmill is never flat but you could chock it up to be.

It was 16500thb and I’m paying over six months.

Like many the built in pulse rate from you hands isn’t too reliable. You really need a belt. Also I only walk on it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I have an Irontec Viva V4. About three months now. It hasn’t broken down yet.

The treadmill is never flat but you could chock it up to be.

It was 16500thb and I’m paying over six months.

Like many the built in pulse rate from you hands isn’t too reliable. You really need a belt. Also I only walk on it.

Thank you very much! Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for.

I've got a belt for HR, so no worries here.