Thai Airways to continue to be national flag carrier despite financial woes

webfact

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Take advice from people who know what they are doing would mean breaking the "old mould"

Yes it would.....................just don't be seen to be taking any....................................what happens on an excel spreadsheet, stays on one....!!!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I only used to fly them to see the pretty crew smile so I could get back into Thailand happy mood after a long absence.

Much better than the old angry dragons on Qantas ????

Wait till you see the fatties blocking the aisle on Air Canada.  Feminist woke ensures that all positions in the gift of the government (especially the #1 Wokest government in the world, that of Blackface Trudeau) are apportioned about 75% to the obese population.  This includes news readers on what used to be the main news outlet in Canada, CBC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I always flew Singapore Airlines even going back 15+ years ago, I must have taken 40 trips back and forth and always found Singapore to be the best,  even Malaysian airlines was quite good.  Thai airways food went to c_rap as did their service. 

I tried them (Malaysian) but the transit in KL seemed to get  worse and worse.... Thai at least went non-stop to my destination. They were really courting the Indian market though making boarding and check-in rather chaotic. Thai's Business class prices were a deterrent so it was in the back for me... they were not too bad on board..... 

• Like 1

I think this statement was made so that the government can justify financing the airline (again) in the future. Last week I read that THAI asked the government for 25 billion baht but that they were rebuffed. Apparently they are seeking an equal amount from banks. Would love to see how many planes they actually sold or returned to lessors.

Not used them since 2007 when after buying a one way to bkk they emailed me and said I would have to buy an ongoing flight, despite having a non O visa. they would not answer phone or email so had to go down to their office in London, 200 miles trip. Nobody there but phone ringing which they were ignoring. They did not know why I was sent the email and had to ring up staff at Heathrow, yes one way flight was OK. They claimed the rules had changed since they sent me the email, not even an apology.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I always flew Singapore Airlines even going back 15+ years ago, I must have taken 40 trips back and forth and always found Singapore to be the best,  even Malaysian airlines was quite good.  Thai airways food went to c_rap as did their service. 

Let's face it, almost all of the larger Asian national carriers have left TG in their dust years ago......

• Like 1

I have flown Thai airways on occasion however it has been awhile.  I can’t remember having any problems other than their fares are kind of high.  One thing I do remember is how hot their flight attendants are.  They really must screen prospective female attendants for their beauty.  I still remember one young woman to this day who was so strikingly beautiful you could see the passengers eyes following her as she walked up and down the aisle.  I remember long ago when US carriers hired beautiful young women as flight attendants.

3 minutes ago, Webfoot said:

I have flown Thai airways on occasion however it has been awhile.  I can’t remember having any problems other than their fares are kind of high.  One thing I do remember is how hot their flight attendants are.  They really must screen prospective female attendants for their beauty.  I still remember one young woman to this day who was so strikingly beautiful you could see the passengers eyes following her as she walked up and down the aisle.  I remember long ago when US carriers hired beautiful young women as flight attendants.

viet flight attendants are nice looking too

Well, happy days are here again and the daylight robber can all come back again to continue to loot the national airline for whatever is available. 
USD 10 billion accrued losses are called " despite the company’s ongoing financial woes." by Prayuth - who quite obviously "forgot", that he insisted in privatizing the airline for bankruptcy reasons. 

What kind of vaccination has been administered against this coronaphobian-beaten airline, me queries? 

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I've always been bemused by the term 'flag carrier'.

As an American we've never had a flag carrier, although maybe PanAm back in the day was the closest we got.

Flag carriers in my mind tend to suggest State enterprises, the likes of BOAC (British Airways), Lufthansa, Iberia, Air Canada etc, all long since now firmly in the private sector.

I thought the idea when the Thai Government decided to drop their majority stake in this turd of an airline was to also drop the idea of it being the 'flag' carrier.

Exactly. Put your money where your mouth is.  You virtually shut down the country…snub the ailing flag carrier and refuse to help. (Well the same goes for most its citizens)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Webfoot said:

As a flight attendant still flying in the USA but live here in Thailand …i can tell you that discrimination laws have change that beauty concept from long ago. Unmarried childless was the norm.  I can agree flying staff travel on Thai…..  Beautiful and gracious.  

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I've always been bemused by the term 'flag carrier'.

As an American we've never had a flag carrier, although maybe PanAm back in the day was the closest we got.

Flag carriers in my mind tend to suggest State enterprises, the likes of BOAC (British Airways), Lufthansa, Iberia, Air Canada etc, all long since now firmly in the private sector.

I thought the idea when the Thai Government decided to drop their majority stake in this turd of an airline was to also drop the idea of it being the 'flag' carrier.

For "flag" read "freeloading parasite" throughout. Then it all makes sense!