Thailand Pass or Certificate of Entry: Clearing confusion for travelers

snoop1130

2 hours ago, darrenr said:

I have heard some places like national parks are requiring a PCR test no older than 72 hours to visit the park, <deleted> after jumping through all the hoops to get to Thailand do I have to get tested again, gain and again, next thing each region will want their own additional PCR tests ! Not my idea of a holiday

Not true.

I have been to 9 national parks in the last 28 days.

Not one required a 72h PCR.

They did require a vaccine certification.

AND ofcourse over priced 2 tier prices for non Thais.

Best price was Kaeng Krachan National Park good facilities, best staff and plenty of wild animals to see.

Thais 30

Non Thais 80

Stay as long as you like..

Worst

Hat Noppharat Thara (pepe island Krabi)

Sneeky booth on a random  island..

Non Thais  400/person (even though signs say 200

Thai.           40

one day access only..

Nothing to see no facilities.

Best advice not get off the boat at the island and you will not have to pay.. you will not miss anything...

20211102_134222.jpg

11 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Utterly false.

The author needs to take two minutes to check the website of the nearest Thai embassy or consulate, where he’ll find the message, written in plain English, “COE approved prior to 1 November still valid for entry.”

100% correct!! very misleading 

11 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Utterly false.

The author needs to take two minutes to check the website of the nearest Thai embassy or consulate, where he’ll find the message, written in plain English, “COE approved prior to 1 November still valid for entry.”

100% correct

I remember going to Bali Hai pier most mornings around 8:30 to go out scuba diving. The beach was always bustling with activity, and I was always amazed at how the paragliders never got tangled up.

Fast forward to 11 November. As I ride my bicycle the entire length of Pattaya Beach Road, the homeless far outnumber those who might be tourists, and there's a sense of disappointment at what COULD have been.

There used to be plenty of family-friendly activities to enjoy and they coexisted just fine with the adult activities. EVERYBODY was happy. With this utterly nonsensical approach, the policy makers have sent a global message that they haven't a clue how to run a country and Thailand will be a non-starter for months and maybe years to come.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kevin612 said:

The purpose of COE or Thailand pass is to make money from tourists. There is no hassle when you arrive in the US.

Of course the US being the centre of the known universe everything they say must be the most correct but here is a list of countries you can enter unvaccinated and all the "hoops" you have to jump through to enter them 

*spoiler alert* There are many with "hoops" on the list ???? You may in fact see plenty of hoops for most countries on the list 

https://www.afar.com/magazine/travelers-with-covid-vaccines-can-visit-these-countries/amp

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/countries-accepting-vaccinated-travelers

Edited by starky

14 hours ago, fangless said:

Air passengers who need to change flights in Thailand are not required to hold a Thailand Pass. However, they are required to produce a negative RT-PCR test result taken no more than 72 hours ago and insurance coverage of at least $50,000.

Are they joking?

It's the new normal. I flew from Canada to Bahrain in October and the UK government required an RT-PCR test before boarding in Canada because I was transiting through Heathrow for 1 hour.

1 hour ago, rickray said:

It's the new normal. I flew from Canada to Bahrain in October and the UK government required an RT-PCR test before boarding in Canada because I was transiting through Heathrow for 1 hour.

Was that PCR test not needed to enter Bahrain?

There is no reason to complain about it because the government has a right to do anything for the country’s “own good”.
So if you don’t want to go through all the hassles, complicated requirements and policies: then you must choose other places go to.

I believe there are plenty of other places that travelers can visit to enjoy their holidays with much less complications to deal with upon entering the country. I’m pretty sure  there are restaurants, bars, girls and entertainment to enjoy anywhere else. 

All of these policies are just temporary because once the new government takes over, there will be newer policy requirements over and over.

Basically, all the government officials wants to fill up their deep pockets  as much as they can during their position, rather than thinking about how to improve the country and citizens lifestyle.

For me, I’d grab a beer and watch what happens next in this sitcom show before I decides to travel to Thailand.

Edited by raccos21
  • Like 2

How to get Thailand Pass

To get a Thailand Pass, visit http://tp.consular.go.th and follow the instructions provided. Beware of phishing websites like www.thailandpass.org. It looks credible but is in no way connected to the government. Cyber-thieves are reportedly using these websites to steal information from Thailand Pass applicants.

Ha, I laughed when I read that!  What the Cyber-thieves are trying to do, the Thai government and its cronies have been doing to everybody since the pandemic started.  They have treated it as some kind of cash cow.   Crony supplied vaccinations only, exorbitant hotel prices for quarantine,  huge insurance polices required,  insane charges for required testing, the list goes on and on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

that is not that extreme.  thats the easy part.  the hard part is getting the thailand pass as u need to buy a bunch of stuff , air, insurance.  hotel .. etc.  before u submitt for a maybe thailand pass

No different from the COE with less expensive stuff 

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

you never answered the question.

I knew you would say that ???? If you are not vaccinated in the US it is probably a choice, we in THailand had to wait for more than a year to get our hands on the vaccin even you paid for it 6+ months ago.  Mine was made in the US and was free, the ones I paid for did not arrive yet. Numbers? What kind of numbers would make you happy something like the TAT numbers?

Edited by SomchaiCNX

Stay away until sense returns, if it ever does.

It seems to me that all the other surrounding countries are welcoming tourists whatever their financial status and people will go there instead. Confusion costs money and creates stress, not what you want on a holiday and jumping through endless hoops people will say.... "maybe the Phillippines instead".

6 hours ago, dogfish180 said:

Pre paid ASQ, Flight and Insurance are not free! And required for the application that many never be issued.????

My daughter got a pass without preparing. Simply had a booking.com confirmation pdf and also an annual travel insurance policy. Hasn't spent a single shekel yet and can cancel anytime.

Bear that in mind.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Ex Bar Owner 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They most likely also forgot to tell all the prospective passengers if they don’t have 500 baht in their pockets, there’s no way to enter. This is beyond all means stupidity at the highest level. A Vaccine and 72 hours Covid test should be enough, nothing more. But no, welcome to the lands of complications. In the end, these alternative phishing websites are probably in place just to warn people not to even bother going. 

• Confused 1

Just to clarify, the Thailand Pass itself is free. Problem is its the worse online program ever conceived with massive issues still not addressed and even worse, the Thai embassy will only deal with any problems getting the pass. 3 days before you you fly!! There is no way of tracing, printing or finding out the  current status of your application. Just wait 7 days and see if you have it. On rejection you have to start a new application and upload ALL your documents again with very little clue as to what went wrong and why it was rejected. As below it looks like the hotel booking and the insurance they were not happy with even though its AXA and same policy that sailed through on 14 day quarantine last year!! There is no way to follow this up and no way of asking what was wrong with the documents so left with the only choice of resubmitting ALL documents and hope who ever checks it this time and maybe reads it correctly!!

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX

Thailand Pass system has rejected your registration due to Please submit a high-resolution photo of paid hotel reservation confirmation that includes the RT-PCR test and contains your name. Please submit a high-resolution photo of the medical insurance that contains your name. Please supply proof of insurance with a minimum medical expenditure of $50,000 USD and coverage for COVID-19.

If you would like to make adjustments or attach additional documents, please re-register via the following link:

https://tp.consular.go.th
* This email is automatically generated. Please do not reply. *

open?upn=XsimBmU6vYsZ-2BKrRy-2F6747Yf-2F8X-2B9559n1JRdluS1UncQfycllJ6CxrQGkt4BHbM3LfosTTipDVT7yiWmmj7sBManPmiLRnsHzYwapYpfyKPNnoI6zCqnxd-2F1nCnqiDcNr4O1SsFtGL1ifJiyzcocACf7lEif-2FzZ8kP42AS29BywNo29iDxKC1jnkPArP7pOM-2F3j0egGx1-2Bm-2FEFZtY7TGphUX-2BtgK8ObzaUSh-2FC3UoQ-3D

7 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Whats the vacination % in US?

With respect Harry, that is irrelevant.

If you are asking, thinking "Should the USA be demanding more from entrants?" - well, their policy appears to be to let the vaccinated in, which IMO is correct.

However if you're asking thinking "Should Thailand be letting people from the USA in?"  - well as long as those individuals are vaccinated, why not?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

Why out of 65,000 applicants were only 12.000 approved?

They have rejected the biggest percentage for supposedly not providing the correct information. Truth is they simply have not read or understood the documents supplied. If they gave EVERY quarantine hotel an approved Quarantine Hotel Certificate that contained everything they wanted for the pass in a format everyone understood it would work fine

Dear Mr. xxxxxx

Thailand Pass system has rejected your registration due to Please submit a high-resolution photo of paid hotel reservation confirmation that includes the RT-PCR test and contains your name. Please submit a high-resolution photo of the medical insurance that contains your name. Please supply proof of insurance with a minimum medical expenditure of $50,000 USD and coverage for COVID-19.

If you would like to make adjustments or attach additional documents, please re-register via the following link:

https://tp.consular.go.th
* This email is automatically generated. Please do not reply. *

open?upn=XsimBmU6vYsZ-2BKrRy-2F6747Yf-2F8X-2B9559n1JRdluS1UncQfycllJ6CxrQGkt4BHbM3LfosTTipDVT7yiWmmj7sBManPmiLRnsHzYwapYpfyKPNnoI6zCqnxd-2F1nCnqiDcNr4O1SsFtGL1ifJiyzcocACf7lEif-2FzZ8kP42AS29BywNo29iDxKC1jnkPArP7pOM-2F3j0egGx1-2Bm-2FEFZtY7TGphUX-2BtgK8ObzaUSh-2FC3UoQ-3D

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

My daughter got a pass without preparing. Simply had a booking.com confirmation pdf and also an annual travel insurance policy. Hasn't spent a single shekel yet and can cancel anytime.

Bear that in mind.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Ex Bar Owner 

No Vaccination Certificate, SHA Hotel or Flight booked. She obviously bought the Annual Travel Policy. Why or what would she need/want to CANCEL any time...the Thailand Pass?

Edited by KannikaP

22 minutes ago, racket said:

They most likely also forgot to tell all the prospective passengers if they don’t have 500 baht in their pockets, there’s no way to enter. This is beyond all means stupidity at the highest level. A Vaccine and 72 hours Covid test should be enough, nothing more. But no, welcome to the lands of complications. In the end, these alternative phishing websites are probably in place just to warn people not to even bother going. 

What is your source for this? I think you might be confused.

• Like 1

At present in Torremolinos, Spain. Weather is great, blue skies and sunshine every day. Beautiful beaches, bars restaurants etc are open. Prices are cheaper or similar than to Thailand  eg €2 for a pint of draft or same for bottle of beer. Return flight was approx £90. 
the only requirements were an online form with vaccination details, local address, passport and this generated a return email with QR code. 5 mins to complete. Passport control to luggage reclaim 5 minutes. On return to UK simple online form and a Lateral flow test AT HOME by day 2 costing £19. 
Whilst I would love to return to my Thai home the red tape and ridiculous costs and no guarantee of a Thai Pass make Spain the better option.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kevin612 said:

The purpose of COE or Thailand pass is to make money from tourists. There is no hassle when you arrive in the US.

Hassle or not there is no country in the world that treats a traveller as bad as immigration in the US - Citizen or not ... no difference

2 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

I knew you would say that ???? If you are not vaccinated in the US it is probably a choice, we in THailand had to wait for more than a year to get our hands on the vaccin even you paid for it 6+ months ago.  Mine was made in the US and was free, the ones I paid for did not arrive yet. Numbers? What kind of numbers would make you happy something like the TAT numbers?

My point is the reason that Thailand still have all the entry requirements is due to a low % of the population being vaccinated. Whereas the US i'd suspect has a high % like most western countries by now.

I don't care where your vaccine came from or what you paid for it, what's that got to do with anything?