Thailand Pass support hotlines expanded

snoop1130

4 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

The hotline numbers have 3 cell phones and one fixed line....no toll free numbers....will they work? or will the cell phone numbers be busy with FB searches....

This whole thing is serious...people are giving up their applications......

I have a family member who is at the "give up stage"!

Nobody answered any of my calls to the 06 numbers and if you call the 02 number you get a message to select 9 for English and then everything is in Thai

after that....waste of time, also you never get a reply from the Support email address

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

When I saw the new slogan " Thailand Pass "  I had no problem getting the point and I'm consider by many to be close to Stupid?????

That's brilliant!

Traveling to Thailand?

PASS!

This rivals the rollout of Chevy Nova cars in Latin America.

Nova = Doesn't Go

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I didn't have any "issues submitting" my application. My issue is that they have not approved my application. Has been seven days.

less than 15' to submit - 10' later I received my QRcode in my email

6 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

i am puzzled by this.people are usually overseas when they apply as they wish to come t thailand on holidays?is that a correct assumption?is this some type of einstein like breakthru im purporting to make?i dont know what to say,stupidity incompetence and arrogance.why dont they let people walk in the embassy with the paperwork look at it and print them out a form,end of story,i have spoken to several people who started the process most gave up said$%^& that and went elsewhere a few stuck at it and were stressed to the bone,the ins seemed to be part f the problem i ve a buddy with 2 kids he wanted t come for 2 weeks but the airfares and then this ins scam its another 50 quid a head 200,naaaah we are off to sharm al sheik.also no one seems able to pick up the phone and answer a simple question at the embassy [the same disease the uk emb here has!!must get passed around at the cocktail parties,very contagious], get annoyed when u point out the system doesnt work and youve booked a flight already,well its all over u tube,check it out ,its a bundle of laughs!

you and your friends must have "big fingers" ... or can't read the very clear instructions.
I opened the site,  It  took me less than 15' to fill in the forms and to upload the requested documents. I was surprised 10' later I received my QR Code in my email box.

• Like 1

Who  wants to come to Thailand ???  Since  2,5 month  has been  raining every day,  believe me,  I couldn't go to the beach,  no sunshine.  And the  beaches are also  destroyed  because  of the rising sea level.  And this  expensive thai pass rules.  Do you want to know  who wants to come to Thailand,, My experience  by talking  to people  on the plane  when I go and  come back,  about 30  times  the last 30 years. I come  here because of my family is here....  The others  tell me on the plane  why they come just to Thailand,  Most of them  come for a cheap  woman  second  level  come  for cheap  drugs, third  level come here  to earn money  on ATM  cards  ( criminals) .  I haven't meet  anybody  come here  because of  the nature and nice beaches  and good food and  fruits, NOBODY.  And  the last time I've meet  a finish  man  who told me  he had   45  women in bed   in 2 weeks in Pattaya very cheap  and he said  he was very happy to do it.  Very Surprising.  Even animals don't do that.  Wher these people  come from,  I  don't know  and really  don't want to know.  Now  you know  who  wants to come  and visit Thailand.  That's why  I have no  foreign friends.  But also  it's  difficult  to get Thai friends  because most of them respect  ONLY  your money  not you. If I loose my Thai wife  I can't stay  here in Thailand,  I am here because of her and nothing else. Have a nice day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raccos21 said:

Call centers are useless and it costs people money. Those workers at the call center can sell your personal information to hackers. It is happening a lot nowadays.
The best way is to just do it in the old fashioned way by submitting all your documents to the embassies in person or by mail to check. If it’s all ok then the embassies can issue a QR code. 

Problem in Australia, submit in person, one Thai Embassy in Canberra, the other in Sydney, "Oh but I'm in Perth, 3000km, Melbourne 1000km Adelaide ....................  

13 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I didn't have any "issues submitting" my application. My issue is that they have not approved my application. Has been seven days.

Same here in Copenhagen, the Embassy's phone hours are shut down since Nov. 1st. and all I've got some time ago was a request for documents NOT required on the on-line application, which I've submitted in return for total silence...

Not good when you need a support hotline.  Nobody's coming, no areas are being inundated with tourists, there's no strain on anything.  Just can it all and revert to fully vaccinated as the only requirement.  Numbers will still be low but at least it will be easier for those wanting to come. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, riverhigh said:

What's this "hotlines" nonsense. Why not just fix the problem. Better still why not throw away  this "Thailand Pass" into the trash bin of history where it belongs. This Thailand Pass is counterporoductive and achieves nothing.  Does TAT not understand that the Thailand pass creates trvel anxiety and is a detterent to tourism.

You are absolutely right, and it's rather obvious, why the Thai authorities cannot get it is beyond belief.

Having said that, I submitted my application 2 days ago and today, bingo, I got my approval and QR code. So, it works reasonably well at least with some people.

I applied two days ago, received almost instant emailed registration receipt but no reference number.

Just applied again and was given a reference number immediately. Checked status and it showed "reviewing"

Let's hope they send a QR code soon. Apparently some lucky guys received their QR codes almost immediately !

7 hours ago, USNret said:

Here’s an idea… Why don’t they just have a single phone number, and it rolls over to another line each time a person calls? Much better than having 15 different numbers that you have to keep trying

No way!! That technology has only been available since the eighties. Give them time, please ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, madmen said:

When are you travelling? They are processed by travel dates. Urgent first 

Traveling on 11/26/21. Since I hadn't gotten my pass in seven days, I re-applied. Now just got the first one and second one is in review. So, I suppose the second one will likely get approved and cancel the first (per reports of such). I'll take print-outs of both qr codes just in case.

10 hours ago, SPATHAKIS said:

Who  wants to come to Thailand ???  Since  2,5 month  has been  raining every day,  believe me,  I couldn't go to the beach,  no sunshine.  And the  beaches are also  destroyed  because  of the rising sea level.  And this  expensive thai pass rules.  Do you want to know  who wants to come to Thailand,, My experience  by talking  to people  on the plane  when I go and  come back,  about 30  times  the last 30 years. I come  here because of my family is here....  The others  tell me on the plane  why they come just to Thailand,  Most of them  come for a cheap  woman  second  level  come  for cheap  drugs, third  level come here  to earn money  on ATM  cards  ( criminals) .  I haven't meet  anybody  come here  because of  the nature and nice beaches  and good food and  fruits, NOBODY.  And  the last time I've meet  a finish  man  who told me  he had   45  women in bed   in 2 weeks in Pattaya very cheap  and he said  he was very happy to do it.  Very Surprising.  Even animals don't do that.  Wher these people  come from,  I  don't know  and really  don't want to know.  Now  you know  who  wants to come  and visit Thailand.  That's why  I have no  foreign friends.  But also  it's  difficult  to get Thai friends  because most of them respect  ONLY  your money  not you. If I loose my Thai wife  I can't stay  here in Thailand,  I am here because of her and nothing else. Have a nice day. 

this is my experience also. I'd like to meet middle class white workers but they are a rare breed where I stay in Thailand. I can't seem to make it past the 3 month marker before I go insane and have to get the hell out, back to someplace with culture and standards

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 5:35 PM, JCP108 said:

Me neither, since I will not apply as long as they don't get rid of the 1 day quarantine b u l  l .s. h  i t, the test on arrival when you are vaccinated, the risk of going to quarantine even if you are negative but seated near a positive passenger in the plane, the prohibition of alcohol, restrictions on bars and restaurants, restrictions for inter-prvinces travelling and so on... When they really want farang to come back, I guess we'll know (end of 2022 ? 2023?). To make it short whenthey will behave normally 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AliG said:

Nobody answered any of my calls to the 06 numbers and if you call the 02 number you get a message to select 9 for English and then everything is in Thai

after that....waste of time, also you never get a reply from the Support email address

Sounds like my ISP are manning it!

On 11/12/2021 at 6:20 AM, riverhigh said:

What's this "hotlines" nonsense. Why not just fix the problem. Better still why not throw away  this "Thailand Pass" into the trash bin of history where it belongs. This Thailand Pass is counterporoductive and achieves nothing.  Does TAT not understand that the Thailand pass creates trvel anxiety and is a detterent to tourism.

Unfortunately, just another example of poor software design, development, testing and user acceptance.

Thailand will never learn from all its past mistakes of rolled out failed software solutions.

Like vaccine development; testing, trials, analysis and FDA approval it takes time to deliver good results; software solutions are no different you have to follow SDLC principles and CHAOS testing.

Just like all their flip-flop government announcements, they think they can sandwich software solutions like cookie-cutters frameworks in the shortest possible time.

You see the end results of their historical software application strategies; absolute confusion.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 1:17 PM, jcojco said:

you and your friends must have "big fingers" ... or can't read the very clear instructions.
I opened the site,  It  took me less than 15' to fill in the forms and to upload the requested documents. I was surprised 10' later I received my QR Code in my email box.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:17 PM, jcojco said:

theres a bunch of puket phone nos for people who r out of the country,hows that helpful?.many people are complaining they dont get the service u had,theyre not daft they can fill out the forms but the things not working for some f them and/or no replies,read the u tube complaints thats what we are talking about.tell them