Applying for the Thailand Pass while inside Thailand

I'm travelling from Thailand to the UK for a week. After arriving in the UK, there won't be the minimum seven days to apply for the Thailand Pass (It says to apply at least seven days before travel).

Is it possible to apply for the Thailand Pass before departing from Bangkok so that it's approved and ready for the return?

53 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

I'm travelling from Thailand to the UK for a week. After arriving in the UK, there won't be the minimum seven days to apply for the Thailand Pass (It says to apply at least seven days before travel).

Is it possible to apply for the Thailand Pass before departing from Bangkok so that it's approved and ready for the return?

Hi,

I have the same situation... business trip the U.S., departing BKK mid next week, will stay in the U.S. for about a week.  I got all my documents in order this week and applied for the Thai Pass 2 days ago.  It was approved within 36 hours.

In my experience, the Thai Pass system works pretty well.  Clear instructions and if you follow carefully it should be fine.  I'm sure there are many edge cases that they haven't adapted to yet, but so far, I'm fine with it.  I don't know this but I suspect they are processing applications based on planned arrival date.  I also have a Thai vaccine certificate so I cropped and uploaded the QR code where they ask for it.  The application says that helps speed it up.

Good luck!

Edited by tweezer
  • Thanks 1

That's what I have done. Applied here.

Still waiting for the approval, but have all the required documents on my laptop just in case any problems while in UK so I can still access them..

Actually. Just checked and approval has come through.

All that's left now is to do the Passenger Locator  Form.

Edited by phetphet
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dayo202 said:

Have anyone applied with a Non O extension with just 30 day's health insurance cover ? I'm ref to Richard Barrows newsletter

The Thailand Pass has nothing to do with your visa.

No visa documents need to be uploaded. 

If you are applying with 30 days insurance, just put length of stay at 30 days in the Thailand Pass application.

In another thread there was a quote from a Q&A interview with a Thai MFA official who pointed out that 30 day insurance is sufficient. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 2