U.S. Topic -- Predictions for the Kyle Rittenhouse Trial?

Jingthing

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Pointing a weapon at people who were chasing after him and didn't shoot them then , he only shot at them when he was on the ground and being attacked 

So they should just have ignored him right? Not provocative or dangerous at all? No risk of him becoming a mass shooter? They should wait until he kills someone?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, you cannot attack/kill people just because you think they could be a mass shooter .

The fact that he was running away and not shooting people , would have shown that his intention wasn't a mass shooting 

You can attack any person who points a semi automatic weapon at you. It's self defense at that point. He was not running away until he was chased down.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

You can attack any person who points a semi automatic weapon at you. It's self defense at that point.

That is incorrect . 

If you are assaulting a person or chasing him with violent  intent , you cannot claim self defence if he defends himself by pointing his gun at you . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is incorrect . 

If you are assaulting a person or chasing him with violent  intent , you cannot claim self defence if he defends himself by pointing his gun at you . 

He was allegedly pointing his weapon at them BEFORE they chased him, it's why they chased him.

In closing arguments, prosecutor Thomas Binger repeatedly showed the jury drone video that he said depicted Rittenhouse pointing the AR-style weapon at demonstrators.

“You cannot hide behind self-defence if you provoked the incident. If you created the danger, you forfeit the right to self-defence by bringing that gun, aiming it at people, threatening people’s lives. The defendant provoked everything,” Binger told the jury.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/11/15/kyle-rittenhouse-provoked-everything-prosecution-says

Edited by ozimoron

Here's an interesting video put out by his defense team. Just another reason I live in Thailand, far too many extremists on both sides of the spectrum in the US these days.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Maybe? lol. Maybe they had tanks as well.

You sound ridiculous.

Honestly, why say something so ridiculous?

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Pistols are not notorious as the favourite weapon of mass shooters.

>95% of homicide shootings in US are by handguns.

AR is tops for self defense.

My 12-y/o niece handles one well.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2021 at 7:44 AM, Jingthing said:

Well I think the jury needs to think about his intentions when he stupidly walked out into the crowd with a rifle. Was it to murder people? I think he's proven that it wasn't. Was it really only to act as a medic (which he lied by claiming he was but wasn't)? If it was purely to act as medic, why carry a rifle? I think his motivation may have been partly to act as a medic but also some kind of psychological image of himself as a vigilante hero to somehow change the behavior of the protesters. I think it's too bad they can't convict him on first degree stupidity just for entering that crowd with his rifle in the first place (and his mother as well for allowing her 17 year old to get involved in such things). 

This is an ASEAN items/news site, not a US items site.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

This is an ASEAN items/news site, not a US items site.

Did you notice where this thread is posted?  Home Country Forum/ US & Canada Topics and Events

• Haha 1

To stop them from burning his friends buiness down , like the rioters had done to other businesses 

Do you have evidence that the dealership belonged to his friend? My understanding is that it was the second dealership he went to after being told by the police to leave the first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What actions did Kyles group do which warrants them being not peaceful ?

Ummm....carry an AR15, run around with it, point it at protesters....I'd say that wasn't peaceful.  Especially as there were many just like him doing the same.  As I put up a link proving.

1 hour ago, seajae said:

I have been watching this live from the start, a few facts, he did not buy the rifle, it was bought for him, he did not carry over state lines as it was stored in a gun safe in the city where he used it and the law does allow him to carry it in that state as it is a long barrel rifle. What is surprizing is that the video from the fbi was not released to the defence team so the prosecution were hiding it and have been caught out a few times doing the wrong thing as well as their witneses just about all backing rittenhouses version of events. The crying which to me was more of an attack I think is genuine, I say this because the same thing happened to me years ago after the death of my daughter, I held all the emotion in till it was triggered and trying to stop myself from doing it on front of everyone caused the same things he did to happen, not being able to breath struggling to take a breath, basically a panic attack where your heart goes into overdrive and you feel like your going to pass out, you also have to realize he is being treated for ptsd, unless you have been in that situation you really have no idea what its like. From all the videos and witness testimony I believe he does believe it was self defence, the videos back that up, the skate board incident was done to try to cause major damage to him so he had the right to self defence, the pistol was pointed at him so again he had the right to self defence, the guy trying to take his head off with his boots was lucky he wasnt hit but again self defense, the first shooting was a guy with a big criminal history that had already threatened to kill him, 4 shots is maybe too much but can understand it, he would have been panicked knowing the threat he had issued and seeing him trying to grab the rifle. The pic they used to get the judge to allow provocation was computer generated and is no where near clear enough plus a big chance it has been adjusted during the work to enlarge it, also the prosecution did not call the person they say is in the pic to testify, have to ask why not if it is so important, were that aware it would not be in their best interests if they did?. The left has already made up their minds and are ignoring all the evidence/videos, the idiot that was shot in the arm is now changing what he said in court under oath because he wants 10 million dollars, he lied to police about the gun as well and the left are ignoring these facts, hopefully he will be found not guilty as the prosecution has not been able to show it was done with malice, maybe a lesser charge with little or no jail time and then he can sue all the left media and the ones that have been pushing all the BS on tv including biden because it suits their agenda to do so, the truth to them means nothing

What a rant.  But your true colors came out as you got a bash in to Biden.  Amazing how you deflected to that.  But typical of those from the far right.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is incorrect . 

He had a gun and was in a crowd of other nutters carrying war weapons and wearing bullet proof vests.  If I saw someone like that, I'd be afraid.  A true nutter.

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ummm....carry an AR15, run around with it, point it at protesters....I'd say that wasn't peaceful.  Especially as there were many just like him doing the same.  As I put up a link proving.

They were violent thugs going on the rampage burning and looting and the public had guns to stop them 

They were violent thugs going on the rampage burning and looting and the public had guns to stop them 

It's not their right to try and play police.  They're civilians.  That's called anarchy.  Terrible.  He's no hero.  Just a killer of unarmed civilians.

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

He was a part time lifeguard and he was also talking an online medics course that would enable him to attend university to study to become a full medic 

Online medics course.   OMG.  Too funny.  Yeah, a candidate for medical school for sure! ????

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's not their right to try and play police.  They're civilians.  That's called anarchy.  Terrible.  He's no hero.  Just a killer of unarmed civilians.

Unarmed, apart from the gun the shot guy had who pointed the gun at Kyles heads , apart from the gun , they were unarmed