What are options for a non-immigrant "O" based on Marriage?

The problem at this time is traveling to nearby countries to apply for a visa.

Land border crossings are closed. By air many have restriction on entry and quarantine after arrival.

What type of visa entry do you have now in you are now in Thailand?

• Like 1

sorry as i cannot help, i have been looking for a non-imm-o and as i am in the UK i thought maybe 

i can use the London Embassy (all other embassies are closed in UK) i checked all the usual places

there is some who have a tv report every day and they mentioned London....

i have read all i could find, and today i decided to give London a phone.....two hours twenty mins no answer ? just the repeated chant of ''hold on there will be one of our operators very soon'' 

then at exactly 12.30 pm the phone rang and rang on and on this was the morning 9--12.30 shift

tomorrow i will try 2pm ---5pm but somehow i do not think so..i notice on the London

embassy's internet site ''Siam Legal'' advertise the same visa but you pay £200 to start with 

of course this help over the phone has no refund under any circumstances.

i would pay but no refund and after all it is very little they can do with a phone ?? unless they get

someone to answer it..... if anyone knows an easier way can you let us know. or even a number that gets answered. cheers, 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zoza said:

sorry as i cannot help, i have been looking for a non-imm-o and as i am in the UK i thought maybe 

i can use the London Embassy (all other embassies are closed in UK) i checked all the usual places

there is some who have a tv report every day and they mentioned London....

There is only one embassy in the UK like all other countries. There are some honorary consulates but they are closed due to covid 19.

You can find info on the embassy website here about a non-o visa here.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Or on the e visa website where you would apply for the visa. https://thaievisa.go.th/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Obtaining a non O marriage in Thailand has nothing to do with qualify for 12 month  extension. 

In a way it does. It requires the same financial proof other than the 400k baht only need to be in the bank on the day you apply for the non-o visa. It also requires the same proof you are married to a Thai.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

In a way it does. It requires the same financial proof other than the 400k baht only need to be in the bank on the day you apply for the non-o visa. It also requires the same proof you are married to a Thai.

My point is that someone could apply and obtain a non O based on marriage or retirement with NO intention of obtaining an extension.

A 90 day permission from the Non O may suit their needs. Nothing to do with extension. 

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My point is that someone could apply and obtain a non O based on marriage or retirement with NO intention of obtaining an extension.

That is not what he meant. He was referring to the requirements.

It would not make sense to only apply for the non-o visa just to get a 90 day stay in my opinion if a person did not already have a bank account with 400k or 800k baht in it or proof of 40k or 65k baht income from their embassy.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not what he meant. He was referring to the requirements.

The requirements are different as you know. 

For the non O money only in bank on day of application.

As far as not making sense to only obtain a non O and not the extension.....I don't follow.

For someone wanting a 5 month only stay. Could enter visa exempt. Obtain 30 day extension then put money in bank for a day to obtain 90 day non O.

In fact doing this for a friend soon.

He has Thai bank account. Non O and extension are not joined at the hip.

Anyway off topic. 

All the land borders are closed so the only option for a neighbouring country that you would have is a flight to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. This requires you to be double vaccinated and have a certificate of vaccination before you could board the plane but you need to check on what the entry requirements into Vietnam are. You may be required to enter a quarantine period there and then there is all the requirements to get back into Thailand because you are not a Thai national. It could be a nightmare trip and a very expensive one as well. I would suggest that you listen to ubonjoe on this as he has been around on this type of thing for a long time

Edited by Russell17au
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

All the land borders are closed so the only option for a neighbouring country that you would have is a flight to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.

Fly to Saigon? News to me.

Vietnam is planning a 3 phase entry. I have very little detail.

BTW current covid numbers in Vietnam showing increase.

Missed where op is from however could require visa in addition to other requirements.

Can you outline current requirements to enter Vietnam. 

• Sad 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:38 PM, Lite Beer said:

You can get one at Immigration in Thailand if you qualify for the 12 month extension.

I think the OP means the Visa where you have to go ie Laos for visa based on Marriage to a Thai, then you cross the border every 90 days for up to 15 months, not the extensions with 400.000 bt in the bank.

On 11/16/2021 at 7:58 PM, ubonjoe said:

The problem at this time is traveling to nearby countries to apply for a visa.

Land border crossings are closed. By air many have restriction on entry and quarantine after arrival.

What type of visa entry do you have now in you are now in Thailand?

In 2022 everything will be open.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...