Ministry official hints you'll need to be vaxxed to do things in public in Thailand

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A big drive will be mounted to find the unvaccinated between November 27th and December 5th - Thai Father's Day. 

The authorities want to ensure that targets are met as soon as possible.

10 days to find about 30% of the population, that's a big ask.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I'm sorry to hear that. We have similar here. Our adverse reactions were before coming to Thailand, so I'm honestly not sure about getting an exemption here. And even if we did, I'm wondering just how many would honor it. TIT

Same here, with the same worry...

1 hour ago, skorp13 said:

There are more than one potentially deadly disease out there in the world but if i prove i have a vaccine for one, the one of their choosing, then all good!!?? Sorry this is tyranny!

it is true that the covid vaccine is primarily for that disease but Covid is highly contagious.

Please tell us what contagious diseases you believe you will encounter.

Can't give you the "Tyranny" bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skorp13 said:

There are more than one potentially deadly disease out there in the world but if i prove i have a vaccine for one, the one of their choosing, then all good!!?? Sorry this is tyranny!

Can you share with us what other pandemics with at least covid's transmission and mortality rate are raging out there that the authorities are ignoring?

1 hour ago, SymS said:

Maybe it's important to look at the details. The vast majority of people who died are older and/or with comorbidities (e.g. obese, diabetic). The risk in kid is close to nil, although they can still get infected and transmit the virus to others. The efficacy of the vaccines is also pretty poor when it comes to protection against Sars-Cov-2 virus, even though they are indeed fairly good against COVID-19 (the disease), at least for the first few months.

Those "vaccines" are not quite as benign as your typical vaccine. I remember when I got the other vaccines, I was not asked to sit 15 to 30 minutes to check for side effect, I was not ask to sign any legal documents before taking the shots.... There are plenty of side effects, for instance my girlfriend has to take two days off after her Astra booster due to headache, arm pain..., and a friend told me she could not possibly reimburse me 500 Baht as she had gotten the vaccine, felt sick, and could not work for a few days, which reminds me I'll have to check on that...

More importantly, a small number of people, usually younger people and athletes suffer from heart attack, other serious conditions, or die a few days after getting the vaccine.  That's an ethical problem, even it's good for statistics... But if one young person dies to save one hundred old people, one has to ask, if that's moral. It's a bit like the story of five people going to the hospital, four are sick and need organ transplants or they will die, while one is healthy. Statistically, it makes sense to kill the healthy person, get his organs, and save four people, but I hope most people will agree it's unethical.

that's fine .....   just let me know what restaurants, bars and shops you visit regularly so I can avoid them and minimize any risk of transmission ..... 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Also lets not forget that based on what everyone is saying these vaccines wear off after just 6 months.

So within a year everyone will need to be vaccinated again or their 'special status' will revert to 'leper' and that's for everyone in the country.

My conclusion is that the system will fail as there's no way they're going to be able to vaccinate everyone every 6 months, it simply won't be possible in this country.

If they introduce a system like this then it will be cancelled in well under a year.

True.

Hope now rests on the Covid pill. Merck, Pfizer and others are working on it. If you get seriously ill from 19C, there should be the pill that makes you more likely to survive. Then the whole vaccination circus and dictatorial madness would be over.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Toolong said:

I don't wish to shift too much from the main issue here, which is essentially the possible imposition of restrictive & puntive social sanctions against those unvaccinated, but could someone just explain to me why I might be incorrect in thinking that if vaccinated people can still become infected with C19.....and if vaccinated people can still infect others with C19, why should it be assumed that UNvaccinated people are a particular risk to others? (A risk to themselves, yes.) It's a genuine query and I am happy to be shown up as having faulty logic or as being uninformed if that is the case. 

(I am fully vaccinated btw, but only cos I could see exactly this kind of s**t coming down the road.....and lo, here it comes.)

China doesn't operate via logic, thus the disease China have destroyed global society with is also not responded to with logic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I'm sorry to hear that. We have similar here. Our adverse reactions were before coming to Thailand, so I'm honestly not sure about getting an exemption here. And even if we did, I'm wondering just how many would honor it. TIT

Laws are not made for minorities but majority. Though I can understand your concerns.

7 hours ago, blackcab said:

Like all laws, this one would need enforcing. I really can't see that happening after the first two weeks.

We had to show proof of vaccination before we could check into a hotel last week.

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it is not happening.

6 hours ago, G Rex said:

Your thoughts are correct . You can still be infected with Covid 19 even though you are fully vaccinated.  However your symptoms are likely to be much less severe than if you were unvaccinated.    Unvaccinated people ARE a risk to themselves. If they choose not to protect themselves, this (these rulings) are a means by which the authorities can reduce the chances of unvaccinated people  mixing with others and becoming infected. 

"are a means by which the authorities can reduce the chances of unvaccinated people  mixing with others and becoming infected. " So basically the unvaccinated can't mix with the vaccinated in case the vaccinated pass Covid 19 on to them and make them ill/dead. Hmmm, odd then that the mainstream media, particularly in the US, seem to paint it that it is the unvaccinated killing or harming the vaccinated. A notion which, in itself is saying the vaccines don't work. Mind you, most of the US MSM have to push that theory because many of their channels/programs are currently sponsored by Pfizer who can see a lucrative market in "booster" jabs for years to come.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Also lets not forget that based on what everyone is saying these vaccines wear off after just 6 months.

So within a year everyone will need to be vaccinated again or their 'special status' will revert to 'leper' and that's for everyone in the country.

My conclusion is that the system will fail as there's no way they're going to be able to vaccinate everyone every 6 months, it simply won't be possible in this country.

If they introduce a system like this then it will be cancelled in well under a year.

Hence the Khao San trader's associating testing anyone who was vaccinated6 or more months ago. Not sure about the legality of that though. It's not a government agency requiring your papers, testing you and carting youoff to hospital so one would think that simply saying "No!" would be enough. But I guess they'll make sure they have plenty of plod with fat back pockets on hand to make sure you comply.

• Like 1

Taking cues from Austria, soon they'll be 1,400 € fines if caught in public unvaccinated.

Apparently unvaccinated there are required to perpetual lock-down, 24-hour curfew. 

One wonders what the difference is between strongly competing and force. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

Ten percent of all intensive care patients are vaccinated in Germany.

https://www.mdr.de/mdr-thueringen/redakteur-corona-impfdurchbrueche-100.html

It depends a lot on how many people are vaccinated, and that number has increased significantly.

70% are vaccinated and 10% of this group occupy the intensive care beds.

30% are not vaccinated and occupy 90% of all intensive care beds.

The chance of ending up in an intensive care bed as an unvaccinated person is 5 times higher than that of a vaccinated person. 

And the incident rate is 28 higher.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

10 days to find about 30% of the population, that's a big ask.

On another forum elsewhere in Thailand you have the great deniers of the vaccine group who have refused to be vaccinated under the misinformation they believe that the vaccine is dangerous and causing more issues than being unvaccinated.  It is no wonder the world is in such a mired down situation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Toolong said:

I don't wish to shift too much from the main issue here, which is essentially the possible imposition of restrictive & puntive social sanctions against those unvaccinated, but could someone just explain to me why I might be incorrect in thinking that if vaccinated people can still become infected with C19.....and if vaccinated people can still infect others with C19, why should it be assumed that UNvaccinated people are a particular risk to others? (A risk to themselves, yes.) It's a genuine query and I am happy to be shown up as having faulty logic or as being uninformed if that is the case. 

(I am fully vaccinated btw, but only cos I could see exactly this kind of s**t coming down the road.....and lo, here it comes.)

There are 2 parts to it -

The first is the fear of a further dangerous variant and this is made much more likely the more people who are infected so by increasing your potential for infection by being unvaccinated you are potentially making it more likely.

The second is better explained by the CDC below. This was an early post but the later data now confirms this 

• Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. However, vaccinated people appear to spread the virus for a shorter time: For prior variants, lower amounts of viral genetic material were found in samples taken from fully vaccinated people who had breakthrough infections than from unvaccinated people with COVID-19. For people infected with the Delta variant, similar amounts of viral genetic material have been found among both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people. However, like prior variants, the amount of viral genetic material may go down faster in fully vaccinated people when compared to unvaccinated people. This means fully vaccinated people will likely spread the virus for less time than unvaccinated people.

• Thanks 1

Anyone have any idea about how many real antivaxxers there are in Thailand? I know there is opposition against Sinovac, but most seem to be wanting a vaccination as such. It seems different from Europe, but I have never seen any real data about this.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:

I signed up back in August for the COVID-19 vaccination registration website for foreign residents and still have NOT been contacted.

Me too, have not heard again.

But, didn't just sit on my thumb and wait. Got busy lookin for other options. Found the possibility of signing up with Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen. Got Astra Zeneca free late August, second vaccine free Pfizer early October. Mix and match by my special request.

At that time they didn't limit it to Khon Kaen residents. Don't know about now.

Why don't you find out?

[email protected]

First class English speaking, no charge. If you can't go there, ask for advice.

2 hours ago, Justanotherone said:

I  had covid last year and I am not diabetic, not on cancer medication nor several pills for chronic diseases as I live and EAT healthy, have a normal weight, get in the sun, plenty of exercise and do everything to keep my healht in good condition... but I will have to be vaxxed anyway ?  my body  belongs to me only and IF YOU GOT YOUR VAXX you should be safe as long as you believe it is working... look at UK, ISRAEL...

There has been no comment about those who have had and recovered from Covid as I did.. This is regarded as natural immunity with antibody protection, known as herd immunity.

Which at the earlier stages of the pandemic, UK scientific doctors were seriously considering that option, but got cold feet, because regretfully people can and will die from it. A political risk not undertaken.

The Vacs are just that, a booster to the immune system, not a lifetime preventative. And anyone with vax protection should understand that, and be prepared to catch Covid at some point. In the near future. A lifetime vaccine will likely be developed - because it's a big money earner for Big Pharma, but it is not in place now. 

• Like 1