Ministry official hints you'll need to be vaxxed to do things in public in Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, poppysdad said:

My girlfriend simply wants what she paid for back in early July. Yes she wants to be jabbed but not with the  Chinese ones so perhaps the official making these statements might want to ensure that Moderna is here now. 

She could get AZ/Pfizer for free, what's the problem with that?

Easy for Prayut to say as he has made sure he is fully vaccinated together with all his cronies before making sure everyone else is vaccinated. I have not been vaccinated because there is none available for foreigners either at government hospitals or private hospitals. If vaccine was available I would take it. 

Edited by jdlhalliday
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mahtin said:

Thank you.

Thought you had to have arranged for your vaccinations through that app to obtain the proof.

I had free vaccinations distributed by Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen.

Never used the Mor Prom app.

If you got you double vac at Bangkok Hospital in Khon Kaen you would have been handed the certificate of vaccination by the staff on level 2 before you were allowed to leave.

8 hours ago, tonray said:

Planning to go to the Motor Expo next month at Impact Center. The website claims only double vaccinated -or- those taking a test at the door will be allowed entry. That's that.

Can't even enter an open air place such as Khao San Road without being double vaxed or tested, so it's started already.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

True.

Hope now rests on the Covid pill. Merck, Pfizer and others are working on it. If you get seriously ill from 19C, there should be the pill that makes you more likely to survive. Then the whole vaccination circus and dictatorial madness would be over.

The problem is that the people who are most likely to need it are those who are in most denial about covid. And these pills are most effective when it's early days and symptoms are milder. So anti-covid vaxxers are more likely to ignore symptoms.  Also, these pills are approved by the very very same authorities that the anti-covid vaxxers believe are behind the conspiracy to not authorize hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin.  So are they going to accept that these pills, particularly Pfizer's are highly effective? At least that the way it is in the USA and lots of Europe, In Thailand it isn't so politicized so it's likely to be more beneficial here rather than there.

21 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Not sure how you got 5 times higher: pop. Germany 83000000. 70% are vaxed = 58,100000. 30% unvaxed=24,900000. So 10% vaxed in intensive care = 5,810000. And if * 90% unvaxed in intensive care= 22,410000. Then 22,410000/5,810000 = 3.85 higher risk.  * These numbers may not be the actual cases but the ratio is correct.

You got 4 times higher. I ok with it

How far have we come demanding when they aren't in the position to do so!  Sure there are people who don't want to get vaccinated but I think the majority here want to be the problem many don't want the junk Chinese Vaccine. Outside of the major province many don't want the Sino and some even the AZ.

October I went up to the wife's village due to the older brother death, first shot of AZ and he developed a blood clot in the lung died two days later.  Wife's family is huge although I was vaccinated with the Pfizer we took the Antigen test cleared before we traveled. During the week I spent up at her farm everyone I spoke to hadn't been vaccinated and had no plans after the brothers death. They are scare <deleted> of the Sino and AZ.

Personally, before the government starts to pound their chess do a better job of providing vaccine especially choices like Pfizer and Moderna which I have to ask if the first shipment arrived 1st of November maybe the same individuals who are doing the threatening can answer that <deleted> question!

You got on your hands 1.5, 2.5 million of Pfizer donated by the U.S. another donation of Moderna 1 million request from Poland again 1 million from the U.S. refused or unknown of the request but as soon as the commies come calling from donation of junk the leaders pull down their pants and bend over!

Stop doing for yourself and think about your own people instead of grandstanding everyday with these silly statements!  Do your damn job!

8 hours ago, ignis said:

Likewise, all Vaccine since a kid, so cannot have flu vaccine like most do, penicillin, tetanus many Med's and a number of blood pressure pills = severe allergic reactions - did try the Pneumonia vaccine part 1 last year = 4 night in Hospital 

Do have a Covid Vaccine Exemption letter from the Hospital, but is there some other card/booklet you must have ?

A Scarlet Letter 

I support forced vaccinations, unless there is a valid medical contraindication. Not religious or philosophical. Yup, no vaccines, no football games or extensions of visas. To the person who said his medical exemption isn’t recognized , i hope they sort it for you. Yes, theres rate instances of serious vaccine side effects. Yes, its disappointing that vaccines don’t stop infection, but they are all we have. Given that if you are infected you could harm others and be forced-hospitalized, its most important. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

My girlfriend simply wants what she paid for back in early July. Yes she wants to be jabbed but not with the  Chinese ones so perhaps the official making these statements might want to ensure that Moderna is here now. 

Expand  

She could get AZ/Pfizer for free, what's the problem with that?

jackdd. She simply wants what she paid for and why shouldn’t she. Why should someone or some organisations pocket her hard earned money which incidentally is 6600 for her and her daughter. And yes I repeat she is not an anti vaxxer and does want to get her jab.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, djayz said:

Where have I read of similar drives to demonize certain elements of society and to create a climate of hostility and indifference towards them?

Not expecting any allowances nor compassion for those poor souls who, through no fault of their own, remain unvaccinated

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic comments removed
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, johng said:

Except  the unvaccinated are not lepers and just as "healthy" as the " multi jabbers"

discrimination pure and simple ???????? 

Ill socialize with healthy multi jabbed thank you.  Too bad if you feel discriminated against

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Guffman said:

The note on deaths communicates an entirely different context to your comment.

"In the context of very high vaccine coverage in the population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated and no vaccine is 100% effective. This is especially true because vaccination has been prioritised in individuals who are more susceptible or more at risk of severe disease. Individuals in risk groups may also be more at risk of hospitalisation or death due to non-COVID-19 causes, and thus may be hospitalised or die with COVID-19 rather than because of Covid 19"

In places such as the US where there are still large numbers in some areas on unvaccinated people, the number of unvaccinated persons represent the large majority of deaths from Covid 19. There are numerous reports e.g.

Covid-19: Unvaccinated face 11 times risk of death from delta variant,

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2282

Over the last few months, the overwhelming majority of people who died from Covid were unvaccinated. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/02/us-hits-700000-covid-19-deaths-coronavirus

• Like 2