Ministry official hints you'll need to be vaxxed to do things in public in Thailand

webfact

19 minutes ago, G Rex said:

Your thoughts are correct . You can still be infected with Covid 19 even though you are fully vaccinated.  However your symptoms are likely to be much less severe than if you were unvaccinated.    Unvaccinated people ARE a risk to themselves. If they choose not to protect themselves, this (these rulings) are a means by which the authorities can reduce the chances of unvaccinated people  mixing with others and becoming infected. 

Right. Your last point makes very good sense and appears to imply that such measures can actually be, in that sense, 'beneficial' to the welfare of those unvaccinated. I hadn't, until now, really seen it like that. ????

Thanks G Rex. ????

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Not necessarily a requirement for an extension. But maybe a requirement in order to get into the immigration offices. No green check  on the app means you can't enter immigration buildings.

No problems - I'll just wear a green dot on my sleeve that I'll purloin from the golf course. That'll confuse the muggers!

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Not necessarily a requirement for an extension. But maybe a requirement in order to get into the immigration offices. No green check  on the app means you can't enter immigration buildings.

What app is that? I have only a piece of paper saying I am twice jabbed.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It would clear out all the backpacker types on Koh pangan.

Then again, they would just use illegal agents that charge 20k for a year visa.

20k for a year visa?? Try 50k ,60k ain't no agents offering 20k 1 Year visas ,I wish there was. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, patman30 said:

FYI, there is a crypto community LIVING on Koh Phangan, many of whom are succesful traders or developers in the space

its wise not to judge a book by its cover.

I was not judging, just stating a fact. Most living on KPG are very anti-vax. 

I am neither saying that is good nor bad. I was a backpacker and lived on KPG in 1992. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

no jab no extension.. only a matter of time..

this one will be easy to enforce and oh so popular amongst the ruling elite

Wife and I paid for 8 Moderna shots back in April. Two different hospitals. Cost 14,400 baht. Crickets.

When I get denied an extension how can I proceed with a refund? 

Best Regards

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Seems it’s already happening at CW… 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I know some who are getting one for around 14k/year.

That's a retirement visa for over 50s, the op was talking about backpackers who most of are under 50,no 14k visas for anyone under 50 years of age. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you.

Thought you had to have arranged for your vaccinations through that app to obtain the proof.

I had free vaccinations distributed by Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen.

Never used the Mor Prom app.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mahtin said:

Thank you.

Thought you had to have arranged for your vaccinations through that app to obtain the proof.

I had free vaccinations distributed by Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen.

Never used the Mor Prom app.

Some people were able to use the 7 digit code given to them with their vaccine & by adding 60000 to the front of it were able to register on Mor Prom where their vaccine details were registered.

I wasn’t able so just show the cert I got showing both jabs.

Just now, Mike Teavee said:

Some people were able to use the 7 digit code given to them with their vaccine & by adding 60000 to the front of it were able to register on Mor Prom where their vaccine details were registered.

I wasn’t able so just show the cert I got showing both jabs.

Ah, good to know; thanks.

Will try not to lose the paper.

Don't like carrying a phone anyway.

• Like 1