Ministry official hints you'll need to be vaxxed to do things in public in Thailand

webfact

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There are literally 10s of thousands of illegal aliens using these services. ironically, these are the guys that usually moan of the corruption in Thailand!

How could you possibly know that?  They identify themselves as illegal aliens to you just prior to moaning about corruption?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

no jab no extension.. only a matter of time..

this one will be easy to enforce and oh so popular amongst the ruling elite

Probably the agents go extend their operations to that also , extra money for them  ....????

• Haha 1

Fine i have no problems with this

But and a big BUT the country is nowhere near vaccinated maybe 50% being generous ..Add to this the need for boosters for those being vaccinated already i think the braindead government has maybe forgotten About this

Ok maybe at a push the end of next yeat they could say this. .but it will take organisational Skills way beyond the if if moves salute it or steal it mob

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

How could you possibly know that?  They identify themselves as illegal aliens to you just prior to moaning about corruption?

I assume most don't know they are illegal, as they have a visa in their passport. 

I have known many visa agents here who tell me the number of clients they have. 

43 minutes ago, mahtin said:

Thank you.

Thought you had to have arranged for your vaccinations through that app to obtain the proof.

I had free vaccinations distributed by Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen.

Never used the Mor Prom app.

Try using line app QR code reader to scan the Qr code on your vaccination certificate given to you by Bkk hospital Kk staff after your second shot......it may link to an official site confirming vaccine status.

Just tried this it does in fact pull up an official government certificate Mor Prom style showing personal and vaccine details.

Edited by sapson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island coconut said:

Not true. Koh Phangan is over 80% vaxxed. It's a small minority of the hippie poseurs that are bitching and moaning about the vaccine. They can all just leave when immigration requires a vax certificate to extend their visas. Good riddance. The majority of the island's residents are sick of these idiots.

It has changed a lot then in 30 years! 

Don't be too harsh on them, if it wasn't for the hippies, many of us would never have discovered Thailand. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I'm sorry to hear that. We have similar here. Our adverse reactions were before coming to Thailand, so I'm honestly not sure about getting an exemption here. And even if we did, I'm wondering just how many would honor it. TIT

Yesterday was my 100 day Blood work at the hospital, I asked about these tablets I am in the high risk group + 70's]

Covid-19 antiviral medicine “Paxlovid” and “Molnupiravir”  [instead of the vaccine] the Dr said NO, went and got a form and wrote the Covid vaccination exemption paper.....  No idea what I have to do with it..

would it be honored no idea, but as the Dr wrote the paper/letter guess must have happened before.

What happened or available in the early 1950 often made me wonder = why some Vaccination and Med's have tried again = same results as 60 odd years ago 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, elena edwards said:

Ever since a devastating brush with Glandular Fever some 40 years ago, I've been suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, controlling it with daily doses of Inderal ( Betalol here in Thailand). The medication works well, allowing me to live a normal life . When Covid arrived, I became concerned that vaccination might cause a serious reaction, leaving me unable to cope due to the effects on my immune system. As a result, I've followed reliable medical websites, especially those with informed comments by other sufferers from this long-term condition.

Recent studies and comments from others affected with CFS confirm my fears - vaccinations do seem to vastly increase as well as bringing on new, devastating symptoms. The result is that, should vaccination now become mandatory, my ability to continue anything resembling normal life is very likely to be the result. As far as I understand it, research on the vaccines' effects on CFS is now taking place - but I don't trust the Thai medical system as regards understanding the risks and exempting CFS sufferers from compulsory vaccination.

What I'm reading is NOT fake news  - are there any other farang CFS sufferers in CM whose lives will be severely affected by compulsory vaccination?

I do believe you. I have Meniere's. You can go to vestibular.org which is for people with inner ear and other problems and find several threads about damage done through the vaccines, especially Pfizer and Moderna. One thread alone is around 700 pages long. I have had three Covid shots since June. The last one was Astra Zeneca. And it took me a month to get over the dizziness and nausea, for the most part. That was on 30 September for the AZ. Frankly, I'm still a little off on days. My physician says it is due to the vaccine.  Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, toolpush said:

That is the 64 million dollar question; If the "vaccines" are effective, why are the un-vaccinated a threat to the vaccinated? If the un-vaccinated are a threat to the vaccinated then that implies that the "vaccines" are ineffective. If the "vaccines" are ineffective, why should the un-vaccinated get vaccinated?

One feasible argument, in attempting to make sense of such a measure (restrictions on the un-vaccinated), is that it limits an un-vaccinated person's exposure to vaccinated people (therefore a great number of people in general) who could (regardless of having been vaccinated) pass on the virus to them. And so.....potentially 'benefiting' the un-vaxxed person.

This point of view was posted earlier on this thread (sorry, dunno how to add it to this here post) by someone else. There is some logic to this, though I think it's doubtful that it is the main reason why the un-vaxxed are being threatened with such action against them. (The key words there being 'threatened' & 'against', I think. ????)

• Like 2