Moderna Vaccines Argument with Samitivej Sri Racha

sharecropper

I had my first Moderna jab on 9 November at Samitivej Sri Racha Hospital. They scheduled my second dose for 30 November, 3 weeks later. 

But everything I have read since then - well, everywhere on official websites outside of Thailand - states that the Moderna doses should be 4 weeks apart, not 3 weeks, for maximum effect.

When I asked why they were "different", they said it was a government decision. Once they confirmed that, and not wishing to trust my well-being to a bunch of totally incompetent idiots,  I asked the hospital to change my second jab to a week later, but they say they can't.

Has anyone had a similar experience with SSR or other hospital here?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

When I asked why they were "different", they said it was a government decision. Once they confirmed that, and not wishing to trust my well-being to a bunch of totally incompetent idiots,  I asked the hospital to change my second jab to a week later, but they say they can't.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you react different than others. Do you think you are the only one with the right answers? How many people do you think have been getting Moderna with only 3 weeks between the shots already? Have you heard anyone getting a bad reaction out of that?

Do you have an education in this are that makes you able to make a better judgement, or are you only reading and believing? 

My suggestion is that you should be happy to get vaccinated for free. Otherwise you can just jump the second shot, and stand together with the other anti-vaxxers that will not be able to do anything in Thailand or the rest of the world.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, sharecropper said:

If I were you, I would get the information printed out that states that, take it to the hospital, ask to see management, tell them that for the best effect you require your paid dose on the 4th week, not the 3rd week and as you paid for it back in xyz, you were under the assumption that the hospital was following proper guidelines, noting that his is your paid for vaccine and you cannot see any issue with it being administered to you on the 4th week and if the hospital wishes to dig its heels in then they have two options, A) to provide you with the 2nd dose of which you will have a Dr administer it for you or B) have the media on-site filming and taking photos of your protest at getting it on the 3rd week.

I wouldn't give in to them, however I would want to deal with someone at management level and if that didn't work then I would go higher and higher till I got my way, failing that, it would be media that the hospital doesn't want.

When dealing with children, you have to talk to them like children, but when they don't want to listen then you talk to them like an adult and if that still doesn't work, then bring on the punishment I say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sharecropper said:

I had my first Moderna jab on 9 November at Samitivej Sri Racha Hospital. They scheduled my second dose for 30 November, 3 weeks later. 

Were there other folks getting vaccinated that day? Did they get the same next appointment date?

Seems weird to me. Maybe the hospital is confused as Pfizer is given at 21 days?

A fair number of folks have gotten their first dose of Moderna so there should be some experiences out there. Maybe have a Thai friend search Tha social media?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I suppose one could say your point has no relevance here as it's not free, i.e. as advised, he is a paying customer, he should have the right to have it on the 4th week as opposed to the 3rd week, sometimes you have to question things, as opposed to giving in because it's all too hard, remember, he is paying for it and it is more effective getting it on the 4th week.

So, just because you pay for something you are the king and everyone should do like you say? Not, he has not any right for that. He has payed for something, that had clear regulations from start, and then it´s just to go by that. AS, I posted. Another option is to join the anti-vaxxers.

I asked about changing the date they had given me for the first jab and they said it could not be done as they were in batches. 

No problem, can't be done means can't be done. Like asking gotty for a rational response. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rott said:

Moderna free.? 

And Yes, If you read this link it´s not so strange. That was why I also thought that they already had been offering it somewhere.  Now keep on asking stupid questions!

Edited by Gottfrid

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And Yes, If you read this link it´s not so strange. That was why I also thought that they already had been offering it somewhere.  Now keep on asking stupid questions!

Whatever your point is. But carry on nobbust heddust. 

But remember my original comment was just surprise that Moderna was available free in Thailand. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rott said:

Whatever your point is. But carry on nobbust heddust. 

But remember my original comment was just surprise that Moderna was available free in Thailand. 

Yes, and apparently that is a fact now. No need to be surprised no more. Just get over it, and feel the freedom it will deliver.

From the cdc.gov.

Is there a maximum intervasl between doses of Moderna?

No. You should administer the second dose as close as possible to the recommended interval of 28 days after the first dose. However, if the second dose is administered after this interval, there is no need to restart the series.