Thai Charter court rules that only heterosexual marriages are constitutional

webfact

18 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Correction - they have the biological child of one part of the couple.

What a very mean and selfish attitude. 

I would hope if people adopted children or took care of children from their partners previous relationship thru would be a compassionate and nice person to consider those children their own....

• Thanks 1

I'm done here. I have no more to say.

My views remain the same - no matter what you may think of them.  Change is not always for the better or in the right direction - history teaches that if you read it correctly.

My kids were brought up in a natural environment and I believe benefitted from that. Should one of my kids turn out to be gay/lesbian I would have no problem with that.  Those who see my comments as anti - gay are very wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Where did I say wet nurses were connected to religion?

"Your connection to wet nurses etc. has nothing to do with any religious belief."

Well right there.

I didn't intend it to have anything to do with religion, but somehow you responded with the above.

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

You’re literally too ignorant/uneducated to be even having this conversation! So go troll someone else! 

Lol...yes...scary that someone so ignorant or dumb can have the audacity to think their backward, offensive, small minded opinion is of interest or of the slightest importance to anyone else in the world. 555.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Lol...yes...scary that someone so ignorant or dumb can have the audacity to think their backward, offensive, small minded opinion is of interest or of the slightest importance to anyone else in the world. 555.  

And that folks is why I say I'm done.  Those with little else to contribute always resort to slagging.  I think you will find that my beliefs are shared by a great many people - you simply think your have more relevance.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, mikebike said:

So... 165 countries out of 195 are still in the 18th century?

This is a current LGBTQ issue. It is not even close to being resolved.

Didn’t understand the sarcasm?Remember ; Same-sex marriage in Thailand..This is  a Thai Forum ????

Edited by Tarteso
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Those who see my comments as anti - gay are very wrong.

I would be easy to opine that your statements are anti-gay.

But I believe that you believe they are not.

The problem is, that by espousing antiquated, uneducated, and unscientific ideas you definitely come off as bigoted toward the LGBTQ  community 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

And that folks is why I say I'm done.  Those with little else to contribute always resort to slagging.  I think you will find that my beliefs are shared by a great many people - you simply think your have more relevance.

Somehow you've come out of this discussion thinking you haven't slagged the LGBTQ community in the slightest.

Truly obtuse, and literally amazing.

Most Thais I talk to say that they are waiting for the dinosaurs to be taken and a new Thailand will emerge. Generally, they say 10 years or so. Sad really, but the writing is on the wall though. The kids growing up now will not stand for it when they get into positions of power... it ,change, is inevitable.

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

why?

That gays are cleverer than heteros on average - that's my conclusion based on fact that they populate certain fields above the norm - literature, the arts, architecture, science, philosophy, politics etc - the examples are too many to cite. Really, the proportion of gays in these fields is astonishing and of course some of greatest geniuses in history have evidently been gay. The effect is so significant that I assume that nature intended it that way so as to free up a certain group from the burden of procreation so they can benefit society in intellectual/creative fields. I give you Shakespeare, who ran away from the family he never really wanted.

By this token, I suggest that gays not only play a significant role in society, but that they have been crucial to human evolutionary development - precisely by not procreating. There's a revolutionary theory for you.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What I try to explain to you is that what is normal for you is not normal for everybody else.

And I try to explain this to you with real world examples of different people in different countries who disagree very much about what is normal for them.

As I stated above: Personally I have no problem with gay couples and I don't even have a problem if they marry each other. What I don't like is that marriage opens many other doors like adopting children. I think people should choose how they want to live. If a guy want to sleep with a guy then he should do that. But they will never have children. That's the way it is. Accept it! 

"I want it all" is not a viable option - at least IMHO.

You should really keep those opinions about gay adoption to yourself, You don't want to offend the vast majority of Americans, do you?

Most Americans Say Same-Sex Couples Entitled to Adopt

https://news.gallup.com/poll/170801/americans-say-sex-couples-entitled-adopt.aspx

And this poll was taken in 2014. 

Couldn't find a later poll for that. But given that approval of gay marriage has surged, it would be deranged to conclude that support for gay adoption has declined

Record-High 70% in U.S. Support Same-Sex Marriage

https://news.gallup.com/poll/350486/record-high-support-same-sex-marriage.aspx

Anyway, be careful what you say if you ever visit the USA. You shouldn't say anything to offend the vast majority.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

IMHO laws are ok when they are supported by the (vast) majority of people in that country. If i.e. 80% of the people didn't want to allow interracial marriage then there is a reason why it was not allowed. If maybe 20 years later 60% of the people want to allow interracial marriage then likely the law will be changed.

I would love to marry my favorite twins. But I am not allowed to do that because most people somehow don't want that. I guess I should write somewhere in a forum that it should be my human right to do what I want...

Actually, I did some research on polls and/or laws in English speaking countries and other western european countires  And it turns out that in all of them there is overwhelming support for gay people being allowed to adopt. Given that most of the members of Thaivisa are clearly native english speakers or from western europe, its seems most would find your views offensive. And yet you share them with us anyway.

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Do you want to come take our kids off us because we are same sex parents and not normal? 

No

if you think man / woman married couples are naturally always better than same sex ones. 

I don't

Also why do you assume same sex couples all want children

I don't

You seem to read a lot more in my post then I wrote. If you want to know my opinion then read what I wrote. I made enough comments in this thread. And none of my comments are about things you accuse me of thinking.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2021 at 3:18 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

They didn't allow same sex marriages. But same sex relationships are allowed and common. What's the problem?

Personally I have no problem with people of all shades of LBGT+/- whatever. Live and let live and all that.

But why do many people pretend those relationships are just as normal as male/female relationships? I.e. when two gay guys adopt children. Who is the mother? How about breast feeding and all those natural things? It seems some people think all people should be allowed to do anything. Really?

What's next? Can I marry my favorite pet? Can we adopt children? You might think I am crazy and that has nothing to do with reality. But think twice. Not long ago nobody would have imagined gay guys marrying and adopting children. Now it's not just described as normal. Now people who don't think it is normal are attacked for their position.

How about accepting people like they are. Hetero people can accept that LBGT exist. And LBGT should also accept that not everybody wants to support anything what they want.

Breast feeding is so over rated. It is a form of martyrdom for a woman with nice breasts. Gone baby gone. Formula. Or apple juice!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Great decision. one of the few rays of lights in the thai politics is it's stubborn objection to

the perverts from the west, who wants to see them perverts marrying and adopting children.

you want to dig into other mans butt holes? do it at your own expense, do not drag the whole

country and world and children into your drag queens horror show !!

Particularly objectionable are all those Western ladyboys. Good thing Thailand has no use for that sort of thing, I hear that in the west they even allow them to go to work dressed like women. Shocking!

42 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, I did some research on polls and/or laws in English speaking countries and other western european countires  And it turns out that in all of them there is overwhelming support for gay people being allowed to adopt. Given that most of the members of Thaivisa are clearly native english speakers or from western europe, its seems most would find your views offensive. And yet you share them with us anyway.

There are a lot more people in this world than only the English speaking. My opinions are my personal opinions and I don't change them just because (many) other people have other opinions. I am open minded enough to give people a chance to convince me that I should change my opinion. And sometimes I do that. But I don't see a reason that I have to change my opinion only because some, or maybe many people, think different than me.

And I accept the laws. I.e. if gay marriage is allowed and adoption is allowed for them then that is what it is. I accept it - but maybe I still don't like it.

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But you're the one claiming that you should say things that are objectionable to the beliefs of the majority. But here you are opposing adoption by gays. And not just that, now you're disrespecing half of all Amerians. And of course, it's not just Americans who would find your views offensive but pretty most all of the English speaking and western European nations. By your own explicit reasoning you should just keep quiet and wait for public opinion to shift in your favor. Good luck with that.

Do I understand this correct that if I have another opinion than many other people, or maybe even the vast majority of people, that I should keep quiet about that? Why? It's my opinion, not more, not less.

And about disrespecting Americans: Maybe you should look at some polls what many Europeans think about Americans. It might open your mind.

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are a lot more people in this world than only the English speaking. My opinions are my personal opinions and I don't change them just because (many) other people have other opinions. I am open minded enough to give people a chance to convince me that I should change my opinion. And sometimes I do that. But I don't see a reason that I have to change my opinion only because some, or maybe many people, think different than me.

And I accept the laws. I.e. if gay marriage is allowed and adoption is allowed for them then that is what it is. I accept it - but maybe I still don't like it.

But yet you're protesting against it, Whereas. in response to my query about laws banning interracial marrage you wrote this:

"IMHO laws are ok when they are supported by the (vast) majority of people in that country. If i.e. 80% of the people didn't want to allow interracial marriage then there is a reason why it was not allowed. If maybe 20 years later 60% of the people want to allow interracial marriage then likely the law will be changed."

On 11/18/2021 at 5:55 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Fact is that any child which grows up with two fathers and no mother will suffer a lot. We can argue that this shouldn't be like that. But in reality it will be like that. So why would two gay guys adopt a child knowing that that child will suffer? It's egoism of the gay guys. They obviously don't care.

No it's not a fact at all. Don't you get it yet? In the west, the vast majority of people don't care. And Thailand has always been very tolerant of gay people. Children pick up attitudes and prejudice from their parents And here's a poll of thai people:

According to a 2019 YouGov poll of 1,025 respondents, 63% of Thais supported the legalisation of same-sex partnerships, with 11% against and 27% preferring not to answer. 69% of people aged 18 to 34 supported civil partnerships, with 10% opposed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=poll+thailand+support+for+gay+marriage&oq=poll+thailand+support+for+gay+marriage&aqs=chrome..69i57.11474j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You think that the government reflects the will of the people? You believe that that Constitution reflects the will of the people? The the Buddhist hierarchy reflects the will of the people?

Edited by placeholder

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Particularly objectionable are all those Western ladyboys. Good thing Thailand has no use for that sort of thing, I hear that in the west they even allow them to go to work dressed like women. Shocking!

indeed thailand tolerate those sick ladyboys, but do not legalise them and their "gender change" rrubish. and that is how it should be. tolerance but no acceptance.

6 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed thailand tolerate those sick ladyboys, but do not legalise them and their "gender change" rrubish. and that is how it should be. tolerance but no acceptance.

They do more than tolerate. I see lots of them working in fancy department stores dressed in female attire. I know Thai families who completely accept them for who they are. Thais routinely use words for females when discussing them with no trace of prejudice. You should stop projecting your rabid distaste for these people onto the Thai population.

And  as for your rant about gay people in Thailand, Thais most definitely disagree with you:

"According to a 2019 YouGov poll of 1,025 respondents, 63% of Thais supported the legalisation of same-sex partnerships, with 11% against and 27% preferring not to answer. 69% of people aged 18 to 34 supported civil partnerships, with 10% opposed. Legalisation was supported by 56% of those aged between 35 and 54 (33% opposed), and 55% of those aged 55 and over (13% opposed). 66% of those with university degrees were in favour (10% opposed), and 57% of those without university degrees (12% opposed)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Thailand

As for your abhorrence of anal sex, does that just apply to men's buttholes? Because it's gotten quite popular among heterosexuals lately.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 5:55 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Fact is that any child which grows up with two fathers and no mother will suffer a lot. We can argue that this shouldn't be like that. But in reality it will be like that. So why would two gay guys adopt a child knowing that that child will suffer? It's egoism of the gay guys. They obviously don't care.

Isn't it odd that those who use the "bullying argument" never address the actual problem: THE BULLIES!

1 hour ago, Peabody said:

Isn't it odd that those who use the "bullying argument" never address the actual problem: THE BULLIES!

How to address those bullies?

Pretend they don't exist?

Sure, it's bad when people and children do that. But that is part of life. I was bullied in school because I was wearing shoes with 4 stripes because my parents didn't see the point in paying 4 times as much for those shoes with 3 stripes.

I could solve that problem by buying those 3 stripe shoes which were in fashion at that time because I didn't like the bullying. 

Children with two fathers and no mother can't just buy something to solve that problem. Is it fair? No! Is it reality? I bet it is.

• Like 1