Renewal Of 5 Year Driver's License

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, do report back.... their unwillingness to accept alternatives to a COR is relatively new as I recall someone posting wrt the change.

Well you can see my report already. So in short, because the fat lady makes up her own rules in her head, I will now have to go to immigration who will make me a COR based on the yellow book or pink card I will show them.

Am I allowed to go to a different land department?

1 minute ago, Susco said:

Am I allowed to go to a different land department?

Sorry didn't spot the later post until after I posted. I heard of someone going to Chonburi City and getting their licence, and a yellow book was enough there. Bit awkward to  find though, especially since I live just a few km down Hwy 36 from Banglamung place.

1 hour ago, Susco said:

I just went to the DLT in Banglamung to get the application for the 5 year renewal

Was answered there is no form, you just sign your name.

Have to bring certificate of residence.

I said I have yellow book and pink card, and got answered only 2 year with yellow book.

Asked what the difference, was told new law in Thailand, because yellow book and pink card is only temporary.

New law in your head you fat bitch.

So now I have to go get CoR for 300 Baht, then pay 500+ Baht for the license and sit there all morning.

Solution will be no driver license, and pay a few hundred baht when get stopped because I "forgot to bring" the license.

<deleted> the idiots

You don’t need to do that. You can renew your license in any DLT office, so just go to another one.

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

neither do you sunshine. 

Hey sweetie, it's sunshine here.

Did you know that the DLT asks for proof of your address, and that the government created the yellow tabien baan, and later the pink id card, with the only purpose so that foreigners had a proof of address.

So I would guess that is the law then, and I'm not making up any rules.

So either the fat lady is above the government department of internal affairs, or she is making up her own rules. What's your guess?

12 hours ago, Susco said:

What's your guess?

Immigration lady gave her a call to keep the money making going!

You make the yellow tabien baan, and  the pink id card sound like a complete waste of time..... and why not complete the circle by saying the driving licence is a proof of address? 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Immigration lady gave her a call to keep the money making going!

You make the yellow tabien baan, and  the pink id card sound like a complete waste of time..... and why not complete the circle by saying the driving licence is a proof of address? 

Not me who make them sound like a waste of time, the lady at the DLT does. She says they are no proof of address

12 minutes ago, Susco said:

Not me who make them sound like a waste of time, the lady at the DLT does. She says they are no proof of address

To be fair, sounds like she said she couldn't accept it because it was more than 2 years old. I had a similar problem getting a pink card since my yellow book was more than 2 years old - they made me go to the local office to get letter to say details were up to date. This was when Nongprue could do yellow books but pink cards still had to be done at Banglamung.

1 hour ago, Orac said:

To be fair, sounds like she said she couldn't accept it because it was more than 2 years old. I had a similar problem getting a pink card since my yellow book was more than 2 years old - they made me go to the local office to get letter to say details were up to date. This was when Nongprue could do yellow books but pink cards still had to be done at Banglamung.

She hasn't seen my yellow book or pink card, I only asked here if I could use them, and she denied right away.

Pink card has validity of 10 years.

She clearly said, with yellow book can get only 2 year license. Only temporary license.

Edited by Susco

On 12/16/2020 at 11:37 AM, Susco said:

I said I have yellow book and pink card, and got answered only 2 year with yellow book.

Asked what the difference, was told new law in Thailand, because yellow book and pink card is only temporary.

New law in your head you fat bitch.

So there I went to the Banglamung DLT this morning.

Miss fatty nowhere to see, probably too busy in the make new rules department.

Handed my yellow book and pink ID card, together with all the copies, to the lady behind the counter.

She checked all documents, no questions asked, then was handed this card (take note of the line at the top) and asked to return at 1.30pm

image.png.70a069bcb8723887f78de8d1092509c1.png

Went back at 1.15pm, did the reaction test and watched the video. Took all together till 2.30pm.At the end of the video staff came to announce that the computer had crashed and ha to come back tomorrow morning for take foto.

15 hours ago, Susco said:

At the end of the video staff came to announce that the computer had crashed and ha to come back tomorrow morning for take foto.

Must have tried to take that dodgy U-Turn just in front of the building on Hwy 36. 

Went to pick up the driver licences, valid till December 2026.

Was charged 100 Baht extra, which I questioned because I didn't change address.

Was answered, you changed passport number, that's 50 Baht extra per licence. haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just came back from renewing my driving license, the word is it will be all change after 3pm today, different requirements for foreigners to get renewals - dont have the details as yet but was told "it wont be so easy", heard them mention foreigners will need yellow book and pink ID card and / or Work permits, but dont know what else yet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 12:37 PM, LennyW said:

Just came back from renewing my driving license, the word is it will be all change after 3pm today, different requirements for foreigners to get renewals - dont have the details as yet but was told "it wont be so easy", heard them mention foreigners will need yellow book and pink ID card and / or Work permits, but dont know what else yet.

Looks like they change with the wind ( as usual of course)

When I inquired I was told yellow book and pink card not accepted.

When I went for the actual renewal a week later, it was accepted, and they even had queue numbers that mentioned " foreigner (pink card)".

So now they gone make the documents that were not acceptable, just a few weeks earlier, a requirement?

Well yeah, we know where we are

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 12:48 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Just thought I'd give a little update. I stopped by the LTD today as I have an expiring 5 year license in a couple weeks. I read that as of Feb. 1 all LTDs were back open for all services. There was also mention of needed to book appointments online or with an app. At least at out local Chonburi office this isn't the case. You do have to book an appointment, however, as I guess they are only service a limited number of people per day to limit crowds in the office.

If applying or renewing a license go directly to the second floor and at the first desk ("Documents Check") make an appointment for the service you need. They will give you an appointment slip and a list of what you need to bring for your service. I am also attaching pics of the documents they have posted on their wall for the most common services.

221048350_20210204_1114212.thumb.jpg.6f0088552667f656567f35f5d3f22f39.jpg

119446940_20210204_1114312.thumb.jpg.6964d6332137a2a2fc4a568d07f6b88b.jpg

1873204201_20210204_1114402.thumb.jpg.7daafdef99aea968cb415d331e74e5b6.jpg

1297574351_20210204_1114452.thumb.jpg.7ac2dd865f4c1cceaa566dfb66cd73b3.jpg

wats an LTD ?????

On 2/4/2021 at 5:48 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Just thought I'd give a little update. I stopped by the LTD today as I have an expiring 5 year license in a couple weeks. I read that as of Feb. 1 all LTDs were back open for all services. There was also mention of needed to book appointments online or with an app. At least at out local Chonburi office this isn't the case. You do have to book an appointment, however, as I guess they are only service a limited number of people per day to limit crowds in the office.

If applying or renewing a license go directly to the second floor and at the first desk ("Documents Check") make an appointment for the service you need. They will give you an appointment slip and a list of what you need to bring for your service. I am also attaching pics of the documents they have posted on their wall for the most common services.

Thanks for the update. Just in time for my renewal process.

I went there last week (4th) at about 10am, and had all the docs checked by the rather efficient desk lady. Was applying for both car and motorbike five year renewals and had, among others. copies of Residence and Medical Cert for pile no.2. All done and was offered either 9am or 1,30pm slot about three week ahead. Gave me back the stapled packs for presentation on the given date. Seem to have slots for 10 non Thais per time slot based on the paper I was required to add my name to.

Don't know, but could it be possible to get an instant appointment as a replacement if turn up just ahead of those times and someone hasn't pitched up at their allotted day/time?

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:31 PM, dabhand said:

Thanks for the update. Just in time for my renewal process.

I went there last week (4th) at about 10am, and had all the docs checked by the rather efficient desk lady. Was applying for both car and motorbike five year renewals and had, among others. copies of Residence and Medical Cert for pile no.2. All done and was offered either 9am or 1,30pm slot about three week ahead. Gave me back the stapled packs for presentation on the given date. Seem to have slots for 10 non Thais per time slot based on the paper I was required to add my name to.

Don't know, but could it be possible to get an instant appointment as a replacement if turn up just ahead of those times and someone hasn't pitched up at their allotted day/time?

Yes pretty well organized...but best to avoid 9:00-10 and 13:00-14:00 for sign-up as it's a bit of a scrum when everybody arrives to test/renew. There is a number on your appointment slip and they will call up people by number one renewal day. Now just the 3 tests, colour blindness, brake reaction, and depth perception, and sitting for the 1 hour video  and snap new pics and you're done.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 6:48 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

"...Just thought I'd give a little update. I stopped by the LTD today as I have an expiring 5 year license in a couple weeks. I read that as of Feb. 1 all LTDs were back open for all services. There was also mention of needed to book appointments online or with an app. At least at out local Chonburi office this isn't the case. You do have to book an appointment, however, as I guess they are only service a limited number of people per day to limit crowds in the office.

If applying or renewing a license go directly to the second floor and at the first desk ("Documents Check") make an appointment for the service you need. They will give you an appointment slip and a list of what you need to bring for your service....".

For me the most helpful post I could find here in this topic ... THANK YOU! ????

I have to renew my "5 Year Driver's License" at the end of June this year, but I have two more questions:

1. What documents do I have to take with me when I visit LTD Banglamung to make an appointment at the counter on the second floor? I suppose only passport/visa and driver's license ... or something else?

2. When was your appointment after the application? (Days or weeks later?) I ask because afterwards still have to get various documents such as the residence certificate and (perhaps) the health certificate. And I don't want any stress.

Edited by zenobit

1 hour ago, zenobit said:

For me the most helpful post I could find here in this topic ... THANK YOU! ????

I have to renew my "5 Year Driver's License" at the end of June this year, but I have two more questions:

1. What documents do I have to take with me when I visit LTD Banglamung to make an appointment at the counter on the second floor? I suppose only passport/visa and driver's license ... or something else?

2. When was your appointment after the application? (Days or weeks later?) I ask because afterwards still have to get various documents such as the residence certificate and (perhaps) the health certificate. And I don't want any stress.

Thanks for the kind words. 

As for 1...yes...passport and Thai DL; I went on a Thursday I recall and she scheduled the appointment for the following Monday. If you are renewing, all you really need to get is the RC from immigration (which I got the next day). So a couple work days, however, if you ask, I'm sure she would schedule you a few days more if you would like more time.

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2013 at 1:03 PM, Jayman said:

Interesting.... So you showed your yellow book which is official "Thai" proof of residence and it was not accepted as such? I guess that day you got a stubborn worker. I too would have been quite upset if they turned me away and made me go pay money at immigration for a letter stating what my official yellow book already does.

Opps.... 8 year old post replied to.

Edited by jacko45k

• 3 weeks later...