Renewal Of 5 Year Driver's License

11 hours ago, dsfbrit said:

I just want to tax my motorbike for the next year. It is 5 years old now and so also needs a test certificate. Could someone please tell me where I can go to do this -if it can be done that is.

I tried DLT.Go.th but that was not working properly this afternoon. If the information is there I will try it again later.

Many thanks for your help.

Rayong drive through is open if you want to traipse all that way. You can get it inspected in Pattaya area and drive there in a car with the paperwork. I would never suggest driving a motorcycle down Hwy 36, formerly known as Death Rd. 

On 8/23/2021 at 6:23 PM, dsfbrit said:

I just want to tax my motorbike for the next year. It is 5 years old now and so also needs a test certificate. Could someone please tell me where I can go to do this -if it can be done that is.

I tried DLT.Go.th but that was not working properly this afternoon. If the information is there I will try it again later.

Many thanks for your help.

If you are out and about in your area look for this sign, it's for places that are authorized to inspect vehicles and handle tax paperwork.

Renewing your road tax in Pattaya? - Living in Thailand - Thailand-247.com

Thanks bbko for the advice.

In fact I did exactly that today.

I live near to the Transport Office near the Regents School, so I rode down to the 'DoR Ror Or' place where I get my Car Tested.

It is on the 36 not far from the Transport Office.

They took my motorbike log book and checked the bike as it is over 5 years old.

I bought their compulsory insurance and they said come back tomorrow to pick up the tax disc.

I have a receipt to hand to them tomorrow as they kept the log book.

It could not have been simpler.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dsfbrit said:

I bought their compulsory insurance and they said come back tomorrow to pick up the tax disc.

So the office there near the Regents has resumed issuing tax discs? They were certainly closed a few weeks ago, and I heard of no relaxation of Covid restrictions. It would not surprise me though. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:11 AM, jacko45k said:

So the office there near the Regents has resumed issuing tax discs?

Reading his post it sounds like he left it with the testing centre or something as he had to come back the following day for the tax disc?

Plus he said 

On 8/24/2021 at 11:05 PM, dsfbrit said:

It is on the 36 not far from the Transport Office.

Which further suggests a different building.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:11 AM, jacko45k said:

So the office there near the Regents has resumed issuing tax discs? They were certainly closed a few weeks ago, and I heard of no relaxation of Covid restrictions. It would not surprise me though. 

I read it as he went to a 3rd party place that inspects vehicles and able to handle tax paperwork and not the actual DLT office.  Those inspection places are all over town, the one he went to just happened to be near the DLT office.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For renewals of a 5-year license that has expired less than a year, do you still have to get certificate of residencey etc ...anyone done it in Chiang Mai on a tourist visa as of late ? Would there be a minimum amount of time needed on the visa-exempt or tourist visa in order to get COR and the license renewal ?

Edited by freedomnow

11 hours ago, freedomnow said:

For renewals of a 5-year license that has expired less than a year, do you still have to get certificate of residencey etc ...anyone done it in Chiang Mai on a tourist visa as of late ? Would there be a minimum amount of time needed on the visa-exempt or tourist visa in order to get COR and the license renewal ?

This is a Pattaya Area centric part of the board, but pretty sure residence certificates are still needed there, or a pink ID card. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

We will have to renew our driving licences and should be for 5 years.. (already got one previously)..

Could anyone aware of conditions nowadays give the procedure..

How long before expiry can we go

We need residence certificate and medical certificate ?

Can we go directly or how to take appointment etc...

Thank you very much for infos

Have a nice evening

Hello

Thank you.. my question is for non thais.. I now have confirmation that residence certificate and health certificate are still compulsory.. Remain 2 points

How to take appointment as apparently the dedicated site refuses foreign passports ?

How long before can it be done.. Some speak of 6 months, some of one month (if 2 months minimum we could go together and have it done at the same time, otherwise will be 2 times)

Of course it is regarding Pattaya s procedure as it may differ in other places

Thank you very much

4 minutes ago, domdom said:

Thank you but I prefer to do things myself and I don t feel it is worth paying 100 euros for a procedure which takes only a few hours to do

Have a very nice day..

I am not sure if your DLT office operates the same as mine here in Chiang Mai.

But here is my experience on Monday 11 Oct.

I booked an online app last week for Thursday 14 October. 

Booking online was not available for foreign passports .  The drop down box did not open.

And so I used my 13 digit Covid-19 number, that I obtained from online covid booking.

This will take you to various options to renew 1,2 or 5 year licence renewal.    It is all in Thai, so you may need your wife to translate the options.

Once it is all approved, print it out and take it to your local DLT on the app day.

My case was slightly different.

I had received the residence certificate on Monday.

But, I also had all relevant docs for my driving licence renewal in the car.

On my way home I had to pass the DLT office and popped in to verify my docs were all OK and that my 14 October appt would be honoured.

To my surprise, the female officer asked me if I would like to do it immediately.   Obviously I said yes.

So, 50 minutes later I was on my way home with a 5 year 11 month driving licence,  because mine had expired one month previously.

Documents I had prepared:

1.   Copy of passport page

2.  Copy of current visa extension plus copy of passport re-entry stamp with relevant copy of TM6.

3....Doctors certificate

4   Proof of residence certificate.

5   Copy of e learning online test.

6.  Original passport.

No reaction test, just 3 traffic lights to be tested on.

There were about 40/ 50 people in the room and not one other farang as far as I could see.  

You might be lucky and just walk in and have the same helpful experience I had.

• Like 1

Our 2 year licences expired in Apr but the testing centre was shut due to COVID, so Mrs has repeatedly phoned to find out when they would open again. End result is we got an appointment for later this month with a grace period after expiry so we will still get the 5 year licence on renewal. No practical driving test required.

I need proof of residence from the Immigration Office, and letter of competency from the local doctor, and one of these for each licence (car and motorbike). We both need to take the test here instead of taking this at the testing centre on the touchscreen kiosk things. I've not done it yet, but Mrs says it's essentially the same with a printout at the end to confirm the final score and to take to the appointment:

https://www.dlt-elearning.com/Home?fbclid=IwAR0JeNU0npZHTmWWhxGMojUeiowjxBaXby0hfOs0qSgye7D_-vTKYxTxwdk

This is Nakhon Si Thammarat. YMMV for your location.

OP, you probably will need the e-learning certificate, to which markwhite has provided a link. When you go on there, make sure you have nothing to do for an hour, then hit the 'Foreigner' button. This will lead to a page where you answer 3 easy multi-choice questions (in English) then it takes you to the film, which is in two parts, the first in Thai with English subtitles, the second done by two English speakers which gives much the same advice. At the end it will tell you that you have successfully completed the training (assuming you answered the questions correctly) and produces a certificate which you can print off or save on your phone. It then offers to take you to another page to make an appointment. I can't tell you how easy or difficult that is as I had already made an appointment at the DLT office for the week after next. That is in Rayong, but I guess the procedure will be much the same at Banglamung, and I'm sure you will need the e-learning certificate, which means that when you submit your application you won't have to spend an hour in a crowded room with a lot of other people.

• Thanks 1

I used Pattaya Klang driving school for 3000bht which is next to Banglamung DLT. They organised medical and residential certs. Didn't need to view the video. They queued for me in the morning so I was 5th in. Did color depth and reaction tests and was out in 1hr.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 11:42 AM, Eff1n2ret said:

produces a certificate which you can print off or save on your phone. It then offers to take you to another page to make an appointment.

Need to renew in December, just watched the video......passed but next page does not have an option to print off any certificate but rather for me to take a screenshot of my desktop..........also no link to an appointment page................have not been jabbed so cannot use any covid number instead of thai id card number

Am i supposed to print off the screen shot and take that with me?.................how do i get the appointment date seen as i cannot enter my passport number?

Also wheres the queue number as per the screenshot?

I am in Banglamung.

heres my screenshot less my passport number.....

CERT.jpg

2 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Need to renew in December, just watched the video......passed but next page does not have an option to print off any certificate but rather for me to take a screenshot of my desktop..........also no link to an appointment page................have not been jabbed so cannot use any covid number instead of thai id card number

Am i supposed to print off the screen shot and take that with me?.................how do i get the appointment date seen as i cannot enter my passport number?

Also wheres the queue number as per the screenshot?

I am in Banglamung.

heres my screenshot less my passport number.....

CERT.jpg

Sorry, I can't answer your questions as I only completed the process as far as I needed to, as I had already made an appointment in person at the Rayong DLT. Your certificate is the same as mine, and I printed a copy off my desktop. Perhaps you could resolve your doubts by going and making an appointment at the Banglamung office?