Anutin speaks out on the unvaccinated possibly facing restrictions

webfact

I'm surprised to say that I agree in part of DPM's comment's.

It's a basic human right to refuse a vaccine should you see fit to do so, but as he says it's also the right of business owners to refuse customer's who cannot prove they have been vaccinated. 

There are some obvious differences however there's not that many when smoking was banned in some establishment's, and public transport etc.

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Again blame in this thread seems to be pointed at the unvaccinated but the greatest % of these will be due to lack of access not personal choice.

Thank you! I was waiting for someone to post that.

When it comes to nations like UK who have done a brilliant job vaccinating us all (I've now had 3!!!) his comments would make sense - I agree that people who choose not to vax should be treated differently.   

BUT......... It's surely Khun Anutin's government's FAULT that Thais aren't vaccinated? THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO!!!

So how DARE he make a comment like this? IMO, it's truly outrageous and shows how out of touch the Thai Govt really is.

• Thanks 1

The vaccines HAVE been thoroughly tested. What was skipped was all the admin, committee hearings and other wastes of time that are usually the case!

Suggest you watch Panorama The Race for a Vaccine to get the full picture.

Also, the issue of needing boosters is NOT unique to Covid. The vaccine "evolves" like Influenza - I get a 'flu booster annually and I'm quite happy to do the same with Covid.  In fact, in England now, the "walk-in" centres are offering Flu and/or Covid boosters together.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden misinfo post removed
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Vaccinated people are less likely to be infected by covid so if you do get infected by somebody it is much more likely from somebody who is unvaccinated.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/vaccinated-people-can-transmit-the-coronavirus-but-its-still-more-likely-if-youre-unvaccinated#Vaccines-protect-against-Delta-infection

Nonsense as the biggest part of society is vaccinated but still can infect other people. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VBF said:

The vaccines HAVE been thoroughly tested. What was skipped was all the admin, committee hearings and other wastes of time that are usually the case!

Suggest you watch Panorama The Race for a Vaccine to get the full picture.

Also, the issue of needing boosters is NOT unique to Covid. The vaccine "evolves" like Influenza - I get a 'flu booster annually and I'm quite happy to do the same with Covid.  In fact, in England now, the "walk-in" centres are offering Flu and/or Covid boosters together.

Can't access Panorama The Race for a Vaccine through your post but it's on Youtube. Interesting how back then they bought into the animal virus thing. Well seems like it was an animal (bat) virus and well earlier than China announced it. Modified through gain of function research is the question.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

My wife's cousin never went for her vaccination, no real reason just never got round to it. She became infected at work and before becoming aware passed it on to her father who also had not been for vaccination. The father became ill and died, the daughter recovered and will regret for the rest of her life not having had the vaccination.

Couldn't she still have passed on the virus if vaccinated?

She should regret not motivating her high-risk father to get it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

He again stressed that vaccination does not mean you can't be infected but that people vaxxed are very unlikely to need intubation or die.

8 fully vaccinated people died and 69 other fully vaccinated people (out of 90) have contracted covid in a Connecticut nursing home.

• Like 1

I don't think Thailand population in general has a big problem with anti-vac the problem is many don't want a vaccine made by China then you got those who don't even want the AZ. The government leaders like this jerk so just <deleted> his mouth and work harder in obtaining more vaccines that their population want until that happens I don't think any of them should be be talking!

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

No 2 jabs in a year and one booster worked, get it?

There have been some rich idiots here who have had four and bragged about it. This unfortunately is the status mentality of the rich and a mentality that has left half the nation not fully vaccinated and as you said @Bkk Brian11,000,000 who have not had their 1st jab. 

• Like 1

Just now, thailand49 said:

I don't think Thailand population in general has a big problem with anti-vac the problem is many don't want a vaccine made by China then you got those who don't even want the AZ. The government leaders like this jerk so just <deleted> his mouth and work harder in obtaining more vaccines that their population want until that happens I don't think any of them should be be talking!

My wife's 21 year old daughter was coerced (forced) to change from Moderna to Astra-Zenica and she received her first jab yesterday about 14:00 and everything was fine but at 09:00 this morning she rang her mother to say she was not feeling well so we went over to her and immediately took her to hospital and at 14:30 this afternoon she was transferred to ICU in a coma. My wife is still at the hospital and I am at home waiting for all the family to arrive from Bangkok and then we will all return to the hospital. This was brought about by some idiots that push people to get a vaccine that they do not want plus a government that allows an organisation like the Thai Red Cross to hold doses of Moderna vaccine to be used as booster shots for people over 70 instead of getting it out to the regional provinces to be given as the first shots to the many thousands that are waiting for the vaccine

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

My wife's 21 year old daughter was coerced (forced) to change from Moderna to Astra-Zenica and she received her first jab yesterday about 14:00 and everything was fine but at 09:00 this morning she rang her mother to say she was not feeling well so we went over to her and immediately took her to hospital and at 14:30 this afternoon she was transferred to ICU in a coma. My wife is still at the hospital and I am at home waiting for all the family to arrive from Bangkok and then we will all return to the hospital. This was brought about by some idiots that push people to get a vaccine that they do not want plus a government that allows an organisation like the Thai Red Cross to hold doses of Moderna vaccine to be used as booster shots for people over 70 instead of getting it out to the regional provinces to be given as the first shots to the many thousands that are waiting for the vaccine

My wife older brother 65, seem in O.K. health lives up north it was confirmed the mother in her 80's was given the Moderna this was in early September from what I understand the Moderna was purchased by the K--g donation of 1 billion baht earlier. The brother who took her for the vaccination next up told he was to get the AZ, like a good soldier he didn't complain a few hours later he was taken to the hospital ICU, a day later he died from a Blood clot to the lung.  I know things happens even based on the numbers but until this government start to give more choices they shouldn't be bragging out how many they have vaccinated which outside of 11 provinces they haven't done jack <deleted>!  Now they act as if they have done everything when in fact the major vaccines have been donated to Thailand without those donation they still be handing out the Sino ONLY!

At the brother services out of hundreds of family attending I and the mother were the only two vaccinated and majority with good reason refused any further shots of AZ.

4 hours ago, Chris.B said:

So what about all the people who have booked and paid for Moderna and are still waiting for it? What about them?

@Chris.B @dutchman  @Russell17au

My Thai wife paid for/booked her two Moderna doses thru a private hospital in BKK, and two days ago received an SMS from the hospital to come this afternoon for her first Moderna shot, which she received earlier this afternoon with no fuss or muss... So the Moderna doses are beginning to trickle out.... at least in BKK.

1507536868_2021-11-1917_33.47-Copy.jpg.f98968773ef67e01418ed302138d53f1.jpg

1795904114_2021-11-1916_56.15-Copy.jpg.6b1a343535b9f4430064555d9bda429e.jpg

I also have purchased a single Moderna booster from the same hospital, to follow up on my 2nd AZ shot given in early September. Was assured that the hospital would be contacting me in Feb. (6 months after) for my booster dose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I think not so much where it was made  the corruption involved. 

Same guy, before covid and fighting covid. After weeks of sleeping.

Muscle gone, not able to speak, trouble eating, learning to walk again.

And then when you finally recover, what has happend with your body?

As they dont know yet longterm effects after covid. As there are.

Just every time he postponed vaccination until too late and end up on ICU fighting for his live.

Luckily he survived as it was close to death for him.

You can see many movies about covid patients in Youtube and they all say the same:

"I wished i had the vaccinations. Dont be stupid, get yours" 

I once was in doubt, but had them. So what about you? You want to go this way?!

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced photos with no weblink removed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't believe, believing is for idiots, I trust science and experiments and experts like in the article i linked. There are many like that. Believing is what antivaxers do as they have no proof so its a bit like religious people despite the lack of proof they believe. 

People like me don't believe we trust the science and tests that have been done. Your group on the other hand trust crackpot sites because no serious person will back you guys up.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2294250-how-much-less-likely-are-you-to-spread-covid-19-if-youre-vaccinated/

A recent study found that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant are 63 per cent less likely to infect people who are unvaccinated.

This is only slightly lower than with the alpha variant, says Brechje de Gier at the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment in the Netherlands, who led the study. Her team had previously found that vaccinated people infected with alpha were 73 per cent less likely to infect unvaccinated people.

What is important to realise, de Gier says, is that the full effect of vaccines on reducing transmission is even higher than 63 per cent, because most vaccinated people don’t become infected in the first place.

Best post.  Like religious fanatics. I like the comparison.  

8 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Vaccinated people are less likely to be infected by covid so if you do get infected by somebody it is much more likely from somebody who is unvaccinated.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/vaccinated-people-can-transmit-the-coronavirus-but-its-still-more-likely-if-youre-unvaccinated#Vaccines-protect-against-Delta-infection

Absolutely.  And let's not forget that unvaccinated people have a greater chance of serious illness and dying, so, bearing in mind that vaccinated people do carry and pass on the disease, it is better for the unvaccinated to avoid contact with vaccinated people, so they should stay at home, for their own well-being.  Or they can go and get vaccinated.  Makes perfect sense and is completely acceptable to me.

3 hours ago, Justanotherone said:
you know that people were dying before covid, right ?

more people per year died on the roads than 20 months of covid...

many more people died of cancer, chronic diseases, heart attacks, strokes...

You know...

-- For many months now, COVID has been killing more people in Thailand than road accidents. The road accidents daily average for Thailand is about 50 deaths per day. The daily COVID deaths has been exceeding that on most days for a long time now.

Nov. 16 just as one example... though the daily COVID deaths in Thailand got up above 300 per day at their peak back in mid August:

Screenshot_1.jpg.13b66e16ae75dc53d56dbd4b51ddf52e.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

Thailand has already had more than 20,000 COVID deaths just since April 1 of this year.  That's equal to a whole year's worth of typical road deaths in Thailand, just in the past eight months.

As for the broader picture looking at COVID deaths vs. deaths from other causes, here's what you'll find in the U.S., just as one example.

"During the months December 2020, January 2021, and February 2021, COVID-19 was the leading cause of death in the United States based on the average number of daily deaths. Heart disease and cancer are usually the number one and number two leading causes of death, respectively. As of September and October 2021, COVID-19 was the second leading cause of death in the United States after health disease and before cancer."

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1254560/leading-causes-of-death-in-the-us-average-number-daily/