Thai Airways kicks off catering website Puff&Pie

webfact

They've been doing this for at least a year now. Last year I was in BKK, a fam member's work had ordered a bunch, and I got a box. Fancy looking like on a flight. Inside was a sandwich, pastry, fruit cup. Not bad. But a drop in the bucket of their woes.

As said, there's prob mad corruption. Rats on the sinking ship, running off with free supplies and fake orders.

6 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

They've been doing this for at least a year now. Last year I was in BKK, a fam member's work had ordered a bunch, and I got a box. Fancy looking like on a flight. Inside was a sandwich, pastry, fruit cup. Not bad. But a drop in the bucket of their woes.

As said, there's prob mad corruption. Rats on the sinking ship, running off with free supplies and fake orders.

From above:  "...As said, there's prob mad corruption. Rats on the sinking ship, running off with free supplies and fake orders."

Restaurant / cafe / food outlet owners will all tell you owning/operating multiple locations is a total nightmare. Why: because of cashiers/managers taking 'their entitlement' in cash from the cash til, ensuring cash from sales doesn't get recorded - straight in their pocket, also pilfering of raw materials from the location, and/or ordering & paying for supplies in the name/address of the outlet but delivered to other private locations, also pilfering of finished products, also giving free finished products to friends. Also fresh meat/veg etc., ordered but only 50%, 80% whatever delivered to the outlet, supplier puts the other 50%, 20% whatever in the car of the manager etc. Also, slow pilfering of crockery/cutlery/cooking utensils etc. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 3:02 AM, webfact said:

Thai Airways International (THAI), has launched its catering website Puff&Pie, offering a food delivery service in a bid to seek revenue while undergoing business restructuring amid Covid-19 crisis.

Will they deliver the Airline Chairs as well so I can enjoy imagining I am in the air while eating a fine Puff and Pie, along with a nice glass of wine.......asking for my pet cobra.

screenshot_15825.jpg

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, steven100 said:

puff & pie delivery .... what a stupid idea as how much of an impact do they thing this will make to their debt.

No wonder they are broke with trying on this sort of nonsense.  doomed to fail just like their airline ..... Lol

Further, they should be totally focusing all their resources / cash outlay / management time & discussions on core business ''''operating an airline'''. I wonder how long it will the creditors / scheme managers to object.

Should also be regular analysis of what specific value (towards successful operation of their airline) is gained from all funds spent on 'support' activities'.

If there's no totally clear value towards successfully operating their core business / airline) then that support activity and the costs should very quickly be ceased.

• Like 2

Probably get some lame posing instagrammers for the novelty but I cant see this working, the pie and crappy tiny cake they serve on regional and maybe some domestic isn't worth even 40baht, I dare say even S&P pastries are better

Edited by asiam110

1 hour ago, fondue zoo said:

okay, they owe approximately 400 billion baht.. so they only need to sell 1,000,000,000 puff pastries at 40 baht a pop?

Perhaps they could try the marketing approach you see at Thai train stations; folks quickly jump on board and quickly approach every passenger and/or from outside they approach the passengers at every open train window and try to sell their food etc.

And could be a market for windup / peddle powered portable 'wave' ovens.

This will obviously cost way more money than they will ever make. I dont fault the general idea of utilizing assets such as catering services in these times, but they need to be pragmatic instead of wasting more cashflow, a simple low-cost solution is just get the catering facility to team up with ubereats, grab and lineman, take the 25% commission as cost of doing business with a fast ramp up, upfront costs would only be around 50k on some tablets and 55million on thai middle management.

Edited by asiam110

1 hour ago, asiam110 said:

This will obviously cost way more money than they will ever make. I dont fault the general idea of utilizing assets such as catering services in these times, but they need to be pragmatic instead of wasting more cashflow, a simple low-cost solution is just get the catering facility to team up with ubereats, grab and lineman, take the 25% commission as cost of doing business with a fast ramp up, upfront costs would only be around 50k on some tablets and 55million on thai middle management.

So what would the bottom line profit % be?

3 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

okay, they owe approximately 400 billion baht.. so they only need to sell 1,000,000,000 puff pastries at 40 baht a pop?

Yup or a family of 4 needs to buy 250 million to share with family and friends the world over.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, asiam110 said:

Probably still negative..

In which case a waste of time and resources which possibly/probably should be focused on core business, current core business goals and the specific strategies to achieve the core business goals.

3 hours ago, asiam110 said:

Go to their website. That is what they're doing.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

In which case a waste of time and resources which possibly/probably should be focused on core business, current core business goals and the specific strategies to achieve the core business goals.

I agree

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Go to their website. That is what they're doing.

Cant find anything but possibly because Im out of Thailand. If that's the plan they should of stopped at that, instead of opening a popup instagram cafe and sinking any potential wins into a dead horse