Senior Thai officials to get taxpayer funded iPhones

webfact

That's good news. Because now all those phones are owned by the tax payers. So the tax-payers, we, should get regular updates from the data of those phones. Where did they go? Show the GPS coordinates. Publish the meta data of their phone conversations, text messages, etc. I am sure that would be interesting information.

• Haha 2

I don't understand why this is unusual? When I was working I was always updated with the latest phone so why shouldn't the 111 most senior officials in Government be given one?

It's $75,000, peanuts for a government

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

From 2013

All students will receive free tablet computers as part of the second phase of the government's "One Tablet PC Per Child" policy by December, Education Minister Chaturon Chaisaeng says.

Hope they can wait 8 years for their iPhones.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s secretariat of the Cabinet has allocated some Bt2.6 million of taxpayers’ money to buy 111 iPhones for its high-ranking officials, citing efficiency and good governance, but attracting considerable public criticism as well.

Surely that would be better spent on giving school kids access to tech equipment so they can study.

• Like 1