Thai immigration announce further extension of ‘COVID extensions’

1 minute ago, HexTree said:

I always tick just the first box ("pandemic is ongoing") and the final box (custom entry, I write that my country of nationality is risky to travel to). Both of those reasons are entirely true, and my extensions have always been accepted.

So they are under the impression that the pandemic is going to be resolved at some point as opposed to the entire scientific community who are aware and advise that this is now like flu and is never going away.

5 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

If land borders aren't open and that's a reason to allow foreigners to stay in the country then there shouldn't be any questions asked, period.

Exactly.

Yes land borders are closed.

Just one person's opinion but I can't see why covid extensions would not be available untill such a time that some land borders open.

Many folk live in SEA within the requirements. 

Currently not possible.

Home country stuff has zero to do with covid situation. 

Really hope CW and other imm offices pull their heads in

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm living on Koh Samet and mainly Bangkok.

There are NO tourists..

Ghost town.

Good number of Thai weekend visitors but they stay one night.

My impression is that if you live in Bangkok you might hardly see/feel big difference.

Trust me tourism is nackered.

Off to Pattaya tomorrow for fireworks festival.

I'm expecting a shock. 

I was Koh Samui in March.

Just like you said, dead.

Totally enjoyed my stay.  Beautiful beaches and no crowds.

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly.

Yes land borders are closed.

Just one person's opinion but I can't see why covid extensions would not be available untill such a time that some land borders open.

Yet they want us to sign affidavits and waste more time and resources with pointless paper work. It's so frustrating that Thai's won't make clear rules and follow them.

7 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Yet they want us to sign affidavits and waste more time and resources with pointless paper work. It's so frustrating that Thai's won't make clear rules and follow them.

Sorta see the point you make however going by the posts on AseanNow it seems most folk obtaining covid extensions feel reasonable about the 1900 baht fee and paperwork.

Thinking the previous under consideration period was a joke.

Hopefully that will stop, as it did previously.

2 minutes ago, AseanLao said:

Moan, moan, moan ...

If Thailand said "Everyone can stay for as long as they like", there would still be people who would find fault ????

Are you even in Thailand. Are you obtaining covid extensions?

Think many here that are would be happy to have easy travel options land and air to SEA in exchange for end of covid extensions.

Throw away lines such as your post.....I'm not even sure what it means.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Literally no one is stuck here anymore so what can the reason be besides "I want to stay here"?

The affidavit which Immigration created gives several options, one of them being that your embassy doesn't provide a letter to request an extension, this alone is a valid reason to qualify for the extension, doesn't matter why you can't get this letter from your embassy.

42 minutes ago, HexTree said:

Edit: I never tick box 2 though, because it isn't strictly true. Any time I've tried to hand in an embassy letter they refuse it, saying "no need".

If you can get an embassy letter you wouldn't need the the Covid extension.

A 30 day extension upon request by an embassy has been an option since way before Covid.

Obviously getting the 60 day Covid extension is more convenient than the 30 day embassy letter extension.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bit off topic .....

I encourage any expats to get out and enjoy Thailand. Currently no tourists and while horrible for Thai economy perhaps gives taste of many years ago.. White sand beach one hour ago.

Screenshot_20211124-190922.jpg

Great photo , I'm planning on going there next week, my girlfriend is fully vaccinated but I only have the first shot, will that be a problem? Do I need to be fully vaccinated to get onto the island? 

2 minutes ago, smew said:

Gents, remember longer stayers higher revenue for the country and specifically immigration office as every extension costs money ...

All extensions are 1900 baht.

That includes 30 day extension, 

Covid extensions and annual extensions based on retirement, marriage etc.

1 minute ago, Daithi85 said:

Great photo , I'm planning on going there next week, my girlfriend is fully vaccinated but I only have the first shot, will that be a problem? Do I need to be fully vaccinated to get onto the island? 

No problem what so ever.

I had my screenshot of my 2 vax certificate. Was not required.

In fact I signed nothing. The gf signed in with cell # etc.

She is also double vaccinated. Nothing shown nothing asked for. 

If you want will PM you couple of suggestions here in Samet.

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sorta see the point you make however going by the posts on AseanNow it seems most folk obtaining covid extensions feel reasonable about the 1900 baht fee and paperwork.

I'm ok with filing out the paper and paying money but they want us to justify our reasons to them and that's what bothers me. Just take the cash and leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No problem what so ever.

I had my screenshot of my 2 vax certificate. Was not required.

In fact I signed nothing. The gf signed in with cell # etc.

She is also double vaccinated. Nothing shown nothing asked for. 

If you want will PM you couple of suggestions here in Samet.

Yes please do, that would be great,thank u very much. 

2 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I'm ok with filing out the paper and paying money but they want us to justify our reasons to them and that's what bothers me. Just take the cash and leave it at that.

This is also my bugbear. The reasons are obvious. 

"Current covid situation" sums it up perfectly.

You have a right to be cheesed off.

It's a joke.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If you can get an embassy letter you wouldn't need the the Covid extension.

And here is the crux of it. It's like a game they play where they know 99% of people can travel back home but they need to us to fake some paperwork anyway to clear some hurdle, which they themselves imposed. It's really kind of mental what they're doing and I wish they'd just be clear about what their intentions are. 

Edited by NorthernRyland

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Bit off topic .....

I encourage any expats to get out and enjoy Thailand. Currently no tourists and while horrible for Thai economy perhaps gives taste of many years ago.. White sand beach one hour ago.

Screenshot_20211124-190922.jpg

I think many of us are doing just that!

5 star hotels directly on the beach are incredibly cheap.

Its a shame Bangkok Airways has a monopoly on flights to Koh Samui. 

Looking at some of their prices is like getting sucker punched.

Beautiful picture!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

That wasn't my point actually. What I'm saying is that immigration is basically playing games with us by having nonsensical rules that they apply randomly. If land borders aren't open and that's a reason to allow foreigners to stay in the country then there shouldn't be any questions asked, period.

Sure you like them to raise a white flag ...

And surrender the Kingdom to us ????????????

Edited by david555

16 minutes ago, AseanLao said:

Which is why I'm puzzled that half of the comments on this story are people complaining.

Me also. Perhaps misunderstood your first post.

I don't understand the requirements.

We happen to travel in Thailand a LOT. I can't believe the devastation to the Thai folk relying on tourists and expats. 

Nothing to replace the huge numbers from China in near future.

Then we get the num nuts complaining about folk here obtaining covid extensions.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

Just clear rules is all I ask for. We offer a 60 day extension, if you're interested pay the fee and fill out the form. End of story.

They never has be so easy as now latest ....with of course the so now and then ...."adittional extra demands "....as they always had  ????