Thai immigration announce further extension of ‘COVID extensions’

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Covid extensions via agents are not sent to another imm office.

Extensions retirement yes. 

But don’t use such Retirement Agent ……if unavailable later and you try yourself to get a 90 day report or ReEntry permit from Imm. Office not issuing the visa / Extn, they will refuse and revoke that stamp ……use agents getting stamps / reports / ReEntry from your local Imm. Only, to avoid such trouble.

• 1 month later...

So I will be heading back to CW next week to apply for my second covid visa extension. With the lifting of many restrictions I wonder if immigration might be putting an end to these extensions. Has anyone been there recently and received another two months? Thanks in advance.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:37 AM, Des1 said:

So I will be heading back to CW next week to apply for my second covid visa extension. With the lifting of many restrictions I wonder if immigration might be putting an end to these extensions. Has anyone been there recently and received another two months? Thanks in advance.

Let us know how it goes.

I will. I read a post from Ubonjoe (an amazing source of info) on another topic chat, can't find it now, that the covid visa extension is extended to march 25 (?) but only to those holding a tourist visa or came in visa exempt. I don't know if that means applying before that date gives you two months or the most you'll get is to march 25? I guess I'll find out.????

1 hour ago, Des1 said:

I will. I read a post from Ubonjoe (an amazing source of info) on another topic chat, can't find it now, that the covid visa extension is extended to march 25 (?) but only to those holding a tourist visa or came in visa exempt. I don't know if that means applying before that date gives you two months or the most you'll get is to march 25? I guess I'll find out.????

If you qualify and apply before March 25th, you'll get 60 days more counting up from your current permission to stay date.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

btw…when I was registering my address he asks me if I have a “duty stamp”. I do not. So he says it costs ten baht. He comes back and makes a show of attaching some sticker to my document. Oh my god, so funny… into the kickback pool. I guess I should be thankful it was not more.