Thai immigration announce further extension of ‘COVID extensions’

This thread has been quiet for awhile. I plan to apply for a covid extention early in the new year. I have the TM30 form and I understand there is a declaration form to be filled out. So, asking.. where do I get the declaration form, when i arrive at the entrance desk at CW? Any other advice? This forum has been awesome for expats, really. There is so much <deleted> online, this is an oasis of real information.

Thanks in advance!

Des

5 minutes ago, Des1 said:

This thread has been quiet for awhile. I plan to apply for a covid extention early in the new year. I have the TM30 form and I understand there is a declaration form to be filled out. So, asking.. where do I get the declaration form, when i arrive at the entrance desk at CW? Any other advice? This forum has been awesome for expats, really. There is so much <deleted> online, this is an oasis of real information.

Thanks in advance!

Des

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

Ok, I think I remember this from previous comments...select the second box about embassies not able to offer documents, or something like that. However, there were also comments about other selections on the form.. can anyone say for sure (ok , no one can say for sure) ? Have you done this recently?

Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, Des1 said:

Ok, I think I remember this from previous comments...select the second box about embassies not able to offer documents

Most folk ticking second box.

Which immigration office will you deal with?.

Recent reports of being asked to show outbound flight for covid extension at CW. However that was few weeks ago and have not seen similar reports since.

When does current permit expire

Edited by DrJack54

24 minutes ago, Des1 said:

I'm good until Jan 14. I have a flight booked for the end of march, changable of course.

Perfect timing. Obtain your covid extension couple of weeks prior to Jan 14.

Your covid extension should be dated untill 60 days from Jan 14. So approx stay till March 14..

Hopefully covid extensions will continue post Jan 25.

Have a ED visa which ends on 10 februari... which i can not extend without a new TR ... (even with a agent or other school). (not 50 yet.. and not married to a thai and dont have thai kids,,, not going down the elite visa either)

Is it possible to grab that covid 60 day extension just before 25 januari..  (from which date the 60 days will count i dont care that much)

As many others think,, the covid extension will keep on going until the borders start to open normally... so aslong as that keeps on going,,, getting a TR after that ends will most likely be a good route..

so the question is,,, is it possible for me to obtain a covid 19 60 day extension when still having a valid ED visa?

9 hours ago, iwan55555 said:

so the question is,,, is it possible for me to obtain a covid 19 60 day extension when still having a valid ED visa?

I am sure you non-ed visa expired long ago and you have been extending the 90 day entry it allowed.

You can apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension with type of visa entry.

Ask the school to give you a letter stating the last day you will be attending prior to January 25th to  have your current extension canceled so you can apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension on the same day.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Yep. Much better to be in Thailand than in Germany or Austria e.g.

They are going crazy now. Plans like: vaccinated PLUS tested just to go for some non essential shopping. Curfew for non vaccinated.... mandatory vaccination (A) etc. etc. I can hardly stand to follow the news.

Yeah Mate, just wait...

Hi: I'd like some quick advice . My 30 day visa-on-arrival ends on 3 Jan. As I want to go on meditation retreat, I'd like to extend another 30 days asap. If I extended today, would I get just another 30 days from today, or from 3 Jan. Same goes for Covid extension when I apply for it next month.

Thank you in advance

2 minutes ago, SteveWilts said:

Hi: I'd like some quick advice . My 30 day visa-on-arrival ends on 3 Jan. As I want to go on meditation retreat, I'd like to extend another 30 days asap. If I extended today, would I get just another 30 days from today, or from 3 Jan. Same goes for Covid extension when I apply for it next month.

Thank you in advance

A visa on arrival only allows a 15 day stay and it cannot be extended. I assume you have a 30 day visa exempt entry.

You can apply now for 30 day extension and it will start on 3 January.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

A visa on arrival only allows a 15 day stay and it cannot be extended. I assume you have a 30 day visa exempt entry.

You can apply now for 30 day extension and it will start on 3 January.

I got 30 days on arrival at Suvarnabhumi, I guess that's visa except then, and not visa-on-arrival, I didn't know the diff. First time for me arrival on a 30 day stamp like this. Ubon Ratchathani immigration just offered me 30 days extension or Covid extension. I opted on 30 days as I'd like to apply for Covid extension next month.

PS: as I'm staying at a Pvt address in Ubon, immigration ask for my friend's ID Card and Tabien Ban.

Thanx Joe

4 minutes ago, SteveWilts said:

Ubon Ratchathani immigration just offered me 30 days extension or Covid extension

First time I have seen the choice between the standard 30 day extension and 60 day covid extension offered. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

First time I have seen the choice between the standard 30 day extension and 60 day covid extension offered. 

Finally, I was offered a better Covid extension till 3rd March. On returning to immigration on 25 Jan, I will be able to extend that further till 2nd May. So, good outcome. 

11 minutes ago, SteveWilts said:

Finally, I was offered a better Covid extension till 3rd March. On returning to immigration on 25 Jan, I will be able to extend that further till 2nd May. So, good outcome. 

Just to be clear...

What date does your entry stamp (30 day visa exempt) expire.

Next what extension was obtained. Sounds like you obtained a 60 day covid that expires March 3.

Then you plan to obtain for a second covid extension prior to Jan 25? 

That would mean applying for covid extension some ~ 36 days still on your permission of stay.

Not sure that will work..

8 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Just pay and go

That is how it should be, however recent reports of being asked to show outbound flight. Also generally given a difficult time by immigration officers making their own rules. 

Notable at CW. 

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That is how it should be, however recent reports of being asked to show outbound flight. Also generally given a difficult time by immigration officers making their own rules. 

Notable at CW. 

I really think people were just fear mongering with extension difficulties- read one or two reports in here  but spoke to <deleted> loads of people in the real world that have recently extended and no issues whatsoever. 

• Like 2

Went to Buriram IO on Tuesday to do my TW extension due early February, before two thirds of their office get bed bound with Omicron. It seemed that most of their activity were Covid extensions. They even got a minibus load of Farangs with kids extending their visas. I really wonder why, and what for, these people where staying in Thailand's far North-East? 

Anyhow we got done in the usual 45 to 50 minutes. Great office.

Edited by Boomer6969

8 minutes ago, Kevinphall said:

I really think people were just fear mongering with extension difficulties- read one or two reports in here  but spoke to <deleted> loads of people in the real world that have recently extended and no issues whatsoever. 

I find the reports from CW creditable. 

I agree that you would expect more if widespread.

Let's hope that folk obtain them without issue. As should be the case. 

Just returned from CW where I received my 60 day extension without any hassle. A couple of things to make note of:  your extension will start the day you apply NOT the day your current visa expires. Before I arrived I downloaded the Covid extension form online, the one where you check off a box for the reason. They will accept it but there is still more information you need to give them, so I suggest using the form they give you when you arrive. I handed over several documents at once including my return air ticket so I can't tell you if they will ask for it. Interesting.. they attached a card to my passport with information about 90 day reporting. The card says my date of notification is April 4th but my 60 day expires in March .. so thinking maybe this is an indication these extensions will continue??

8 minutes ago, Des1 said:

Just returned from CW where I received my 60 day extension without any hassle. A couple of things to make note of:  your extension will start the day you apply NOT the day your current visa expires. Before I arrived I downloaded the Covid extension form online, the one where you check off a box for the reason. They will accept it but there is still more information you need to give them, so I suggest using the form they give you when you arrive. I handed over several documents at once including my return air ticket so I can't tell you if they will ask for it. Interesting.. they attached a card to my passport with information about 90 day reporting. The card says my date of notification is April 4th but my 60 day expires in March .. so thinking maybe this is an indication these extensions will continue??

How many times have you done the covid extension? Is this your first, third, etc?