Thai immigration announce further extension of ‘COVID extensions’

On 11/24/2021 at 2:40 PM, jackdd said:

You have to complete an affidavit (a paper which you get at immigration), regarding why you need this extension, just check the second checkbox which says something like that your embassy doesn't issue you a letter.

Some people in Bangkok have been asked to show a flight ticket out of Thailand.

I extended yesterday at counterj muang thong thani. no flight required.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

"According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, “House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national.”

But this in Section 4 defines house master as this.

"“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But this in Section 4 defines house master as this.

"“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

Interesting. So it's your interpretation as well that the TM30 is not the Hotel, guest house, landlord, agent, owner's responsibility and the majority have just been doing it as a favor?

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Interesting. So it's your interpretation as well that the TM30 is not the Hotel, guest house, landlord, agent, owner's responsibility and the majority have just been doing it as a favor?

I think in the case of a hotel it's clear that it's their sole responsibility. For tenants in long-term rented accommodation, on the other hand, the responsibility is shared.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2021 at 2:47 PM, pauleddy said:

So what happens to people with the covid visa who want to stay after Jan 25? If they are not monks, teachers, retired or getting married?

pretty clear that if you apply before jan 25 you get another 60 days.  thats basically 2 years in the country on covid extensions for some 

12 minutes ago, n00dle said:

no tm 30 requirement either, I have never been asked at counter K for that.

If you read many threads you will find that many folk have been rejected due to no TM30. 

Good for you not required. I suggest exception rather than rule.

Various imm offices will have their "own list" 

Edited by DrJack54

19 hours ago, jackdd said:

That's wrong. The owner or the possessor is required to report a foreigner staying at the property.

In this case "Mac Mickmanus" is the possessor because he is renting the place. So he could (or has to if the owner doesn't do it) submit a TM30 for himself.

I did try to submit a TM30 at immigration yesterday , but they wouldnt accept the application .

The Condo owner then went to immigration , and they accepted the application .

It may have been because the condo owner had signed the application that she handed in and my application was unsigned by her  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you read many threads you will find that many folk have been rejected due to no TM30. 

Good for you not required. I suggest exception rather than rule.

I have been extending at counter K MTT since it opened. never once asked. Only requirements have been passport photocopies and one picture. Yesterdays extension took less than 1 hour. And, I am always called by the queen bee out there, one of the angriest women i have ever seen. 

i am confused as to why people would be seeking extensions at CW when they could be extending at MTT Counter K

Edited by n00dle

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Could they not have booked a flight there and then ?

I would have and clearly that would be an option if this becomes common place at CW.

So far don't recall same rubbish at MTT.

The guy in question was very upset and indicated would consider next step. Must still have time on expiry of his current extension. 

The female io was (slightly) demonstrative. 

As stated he was bit upset with the experience. 

11 minutes ago, n00dle said:

interesting, haven't all previous extensions been  by order of the cabinet?

No

The 60 day covid 19 extensions are done under a item in the existing immigration order 327/2557 for extensions of stay.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I would have and clearly that would be an option if this becomes common place at CW.

So far don't recall same rubbish at MTT.

The guy in question was very upset and indicated would consider next step. Must still have time on expiry of his current extension. 

The female io was (slightly) demonstrative. 

As stated he was bit upset with the experience. 

I ask again, why would they not simply apply at counter k mtt?

3 minutes ago, n00dle said:

I ask again, why would they not simply apply at counter k mtt?

Depending on which visa, visa exempt etc you entered Thailand on that determines where you apply in Bangkok.

Visa exempt apply at MTT.

Non O and others apply at CW

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

How are we supposed to know the answer to that ?

You would have to ask the person in question 

I am curious if you need to go to CW if you are moving off of another type of visa and can only go to MTT if you are already on an exception. There are certainly people who can answer that here, albeit not you,

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How are we supposed to know the answer to that ?

You would have to ask the person in question 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Depending on which visa, visa exempt etc you entered Thailand on that determines where you apply in Bangkok.

Visa exempt apply at MTT.

Non O and others apply at CW

case in point

Edited by n00dle

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That couther is only for visa exempt entries.

All others are done at CW.

thank you. despite the minor indignities and additional costs, it seems entering Laos on the day the embassy closed (march 22) and being forced to turn around and talk my way back in on a tourist exemption rather than my usual non-o child has in the end simplified matters. 

It was a stressful day. i was delayed by 2 days getting a laos visa in BKK, by time i got to mukdahan, they didnt even want to let me out of thailand.

I also had to talk my way into Laos, and then back out. and then back in to thailand. It took almost 6 hours in total, and i met many confused officials on both sides.

Patience served me well that day

Edited by n00dle

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He must have entered with tourist visa. 

That would mean he attends CW for extension. 

Not up to him..

understood. messy business when doing things "right" has negative ramifications. 

Edited by n00dle

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

pretty clear that if you apply before jan 25 you get another 60 days.  thats basically 2 years in the country on covid extensions for some 

Yes, I'm gonna have a big celebration in February. 2 years without leaving Thailand! Thank you Covid!

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Yes, I'm gonna have a big celebration in February. 2 years without leaving Thailand! Thank you Covid!

Is that a serious post or just didn't think it through.

With the devastation that Covid-19 has caused to Thai livelihoods etc perhaps think a bit!