Thai immigration announce further extension of ‘COVID extensions’

21 minutes ago, Des1 said:

Sorry, I'm new here .. can you tell me what MTT and CW refer to? Thanks!

Just to add to uj reply.

If you need to do business with immigration in Bangkok then the nature of that business would determine which office you deal with.

Common at the moment is questions re covid extensions.

Sorta strange but if entered on visa exempt you attend MTT.

If visa etc entry you go to CW.

So just be aware of need to attend correct place for what you require. 

On 11/24/2021 at 2:42 PM, Ohyesuare said:

Previously you didn't but this time it seems they have added a stipulation that it is up to the immigration officer's discretion as they don't want people "abusing" it.

Can anyone else confirm this?  (I can't read Thai.)  I've been reading this "they're gonna start cracking down on foreigners abusing the system" stuff on this forum for over a year now and so far it's been pretty much smooth sailing every time I've extended at MTT.  I'm a little skeptical when I hear this kind of thing at this point.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, anymajordude said:

Can anyone else confirm this?  (I can't read Thai.)  I've been reading this "they're gonna start cracking down on foreigners abusing the system" stuff on this forum for over a year now and so far it's been pretty much smooth sailing every time I've extended at MTT.  I'm a little skeptical when I hear this kind of thing at this point.

It has already been confirmed multiple times if you read through the thread.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, anymajordude said:

just as people who get accident or robbed, problems only happen to the same kind of people...

covid visa is still easy and simple !

• Sad 1

On 11/24/2021 at 6:17 PM, DrJack54 said:

I have suggested that to chap I refered to who was refused covid extension today.

Anyone using site such as "onward flight" can hopefully report their experience at CW for covid extension.

I also checked cheapest flight out in January. 

Available flights to Phnom Penh. 

1700baht. 

Waiting on agents to update on options around this rubbish.

Just extended at CW so this is confirmed Info , flight out or letter from embassy required, as is TM30, and affidavit and other copy's of documents, I waited 5 hours to get my 60 day CV extension,  They are making it a huge hassle by slowing down before lunch and making people wait hours and hours.

Edited by Benithon

On 11/26/2021 at 3:55 PM, n00dle said:

get over yourself, we all know the costs, we obsess over them, bemoan our loss of relative freedom, some died. Some suffered.  we have all lost someone.

we know.

But who are you to denounce what one person sees as a positive out of the whole situation?

I personally enjoyed the last two years.

So thank you covid for marine life returning to the sludge pit that was Venice harbour.

Thank you covid for tourist destinations that have regenerated significantly in the last two years.

Thank you covid for reduced emissions from cars and airplanes.

Thank you covid for convincing me to start my own business that costs me less time and makes me more money.

Thank you.

don't be the little cloud, see the silver lining.

You are spreading false info , Lots of this online now........ 

41 minutes ago, Benithon said:

flight out or letter from embassy required, as is TM30, and affidavit and other copy's of documents,

Thanks for CW report.

So to be clear if your obtain embassy letter they also want the affidavit..

Seems strange since box 2 basically states same thing.

Not all embassies have provided letter previously. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for CW report.

So to be clear if your obtain embassy letter they also want the affidavit..

Seems strange since box 2 basically states same thing.

Not all embassies have provided letter previously. 

I bought a flight out to obtain the visa, No idea about the affidavit.

Also there was CV antigen tests needed for entry 72 hours prior or a double jab cert for entry to CW , but it was not being enforced , Maybe soon it will so be prepared they are available from boots for 150 baht.

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is flight a throw away or you actually intend to use it. 

Good question with the new  variant out it might well be a throwaway flight, Seems they were keen to make every single person applying for extensions to buy flights out.

So, here is my situation (I'm from Canada).. on a 60 day visa with a 30 day extension to mid jan. I started out intending to apply for the STV as they announced but failed to implement (royal gazette) in a timely manner, not giving instructions to their foreign embassies. As they were transitioning to online only applications it took too long so I had a flight booked and needed a visa. I have all the paperwork for STV. So... if i go to CW showing my return flight the end of march, will they reject my application for extension because of the date of my return flight? Everything seems so messed up .. thankful for any advice.

17 minutes ago, Des1 said:

So... if i go to CW showing my return flight the end of march, will they reject my application for extension because of the date of my return flight?

If they are still asking for a flight out in January when you apply for the 60 day covid extension it should be accepted. I don't recall any reports them asking for it to be near the end of the extension.

On 11/28/2021 at 2:07 AM, anymajordude said:

Point 2 of the police order:

เพิ่มความเข้มงวดในการพิจารณาอนุญาตให้อยู่ต่อในราชอาณาจักร เพื่อป้องกันมิให้คนต่างด้าวใช้เป็นโอกาสในการหลีกเลี่ยงเหตุผลการขออยู่ต่อในราชอาณาจักรโดยไม่เป็นไปตามวัตถุประสงค์ของกฎหมายว่าด้วยคนเข้าเมือง โดยเฉพาะเหตุผลการขออยู่ต่อในราชอาณาจักรตามนโยบายของ ผบช.สตม. รวมทั้งป้องกันมิให้คนต่างด้าวแฝงตัวอยู่ในประเทศเพื่อหาช่องทางในการกระทำผิดกฎหมายอาญาอื่นๆ

Google translate of this, which seems about right:

increase the strictness of considering permission to stay in the Kingdom In order to prevent aliens from using them as an opportunity to circumvent reasons for applying to stay in the Kingdom without complying with the objectives of the immigration law. especially the reason for requesting to stay in the Kingdom according to the policy of the Immigration Commissioner, including preventing aliens from hiding in the country to find ways to commit other criminal offenses

• Thanks 1

I am here on a non-O immigrant visa that expires January 31. I had a phone conversation today with someone at the main immigration office for Prachuap Khiri Khan about the process for extending it and apparently I missed the boat as there is not enough time to open a bank account and have the 800k deposited two months prior to the visa expiration.  His suggestion is that I apply for the 60 day Covid extension. He told me to email the US Embassy and request a letter. Due to language difficulties I did not understand what letter he was referring to.  Is there anyone who is familiar with this process who knows what the immigration person is talking about and what I should ask the Embassy for?  Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, trav2021 said:

I am here on a non-O immigrant visa that expires January 31. I had a phone conversation today with someone at the main immigration office for Prachuap Khiri Khan about the process for extending it and apparently I missed the boat as there is not enough time to open a bank account and have the 800k deposited two months prior to the visa expiration.  His suggestion is that I apply for the 60 day Covid extension. He told me to email the US Embassy and request a letter. Due to language difficulties I did not understand what letter he was referring to.  Is there anyone who is familiar with this process who knows what the immigration person is talking about and what I should ask the Embassy for?  Thanks. 

Most embassies don't provide such letters anymore, but you don't need a letter, just complete the affidavit that you get at immigration.

1 hour ago, trav2021 said:

He told me to email the US Embassy and request a letter.

They will not do one. They will reply back stating they do not do them and I have read that some offices will accept a copy of the refusal email.

Hua Hin is an odd office that still wants the embassy letter but I think they accept the refusal embail.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:29 PM, jackdd said:

Point 2 of the police order:

Google translate of this, which seems about right:

increase the strictness of considering permission to stay in the Kingdom In order to prevent aliens from using them as an opportunity to circumvent reasons for applying to stay in the Kingdom without complying with the objectives of the immigration law. especially the reason for requesting to stay in the Kingdom according to the policy of the Immigration Commissioner, including preventing aliens from hiding in the country to find ways to commit other criminal offenses

Okay, thanks for this.  The wording is confusing but it looks like there's nothing explicit about not allowing people who have been here for a while to continue extending.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:13 PM, Benithon said:

You are spreading false info , Lots of this online now........ 

Am I now?  Show me one false claim. You havent, because you cant.

That aside, way to miss the point.

Dolphins in venice canal - I hope you consider the smithsonian a credible source. Yes, it was a hoax. Then it happened. The absence of cruise ships hugely improved water quality either way.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/dolphins-spotted-venices-grand-canal-real-time-180977403/

Tourist destinations in thailand - I have been to a bunch of places that were beat up that look great now. Koh phangan, is looking better than ever, I have heard similar about samui.

That aside, there was a huge jump in birds and critters in my own bangkok garden. 

Can you actually try to deny that a grounded plane or parked car emits less?

As for me changing my income source, are you calling me a liar?

Edited by n00dle

10 minutes ago, at15 said:

For the chiang mai folks out there do they give you 60 days from day of application or 60 days added to your expiration? This is my first covid extension in chiang mai.

The first Covid extensions start on the day of application (at least if you had a long term extension before, not sure how it is handled after a 30 day tourist extension or so), consecutive Covid extensions from the end of the previous one.