Thailand set to ease entry requirements

webfact

Tourist will never come here unless they scrap that ridiculous insurance.  It has the same effect as a surcharge.  It cost a friend of mine $1,200 Can.  Who is going to pay that just to come here when there are so many other choices?  Nobody.

• Like 2

New South African variant next?

I hope someone remembers, this time, that Thailand is not except from the rest of the world.

I also hope that the kindly and friendly people of Thailand receive more financial help that they desperately and urgently need.

LOS will survive this, however, LOS needs the Thailand population to survive this.

According to @NatapanuN, the deputy spokesperson at the @MFAThai, Test & Go and Sandbox travellers arriving in #Thailand from 1st December, only need to do ATK test and not RT-PCR test. Test & Go people only need to book transport to a hotel and an ATK test and not a room.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1464118965290950656

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

That makes no sense as if it moves to an ATK test you definitely don't need a taxi and hotel. In fact you shouldn't need a Thai Pass because all that's left is the insurance to check

If they keep the taxi and hotel however, then that is even more proof it was only ever a money making scam

Nope. Because a) the airport can't deal with 10,000s of ATK tests a day and b) if you're not testing at the airport or hotel then you could literally do a runner.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

Wealthy Ex Pat

He also mentioned that he is securing the use of Molnupiravir and Paxlovid (a Pfizer drug) in the fight against Covid with 50,000 doses of each. 

what??? China not paying the goose enough????

woukd have thought he would still be sprinkling the Sinovac <deleted>

Yep, great idea, ease the restrictions, and in a couple of weeks if the Sth African variant gets out around the world, you reintroduce all the restrictions again, probably seal borders. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Open the country from the inside first, open air bars and allow restaurants to sell alcohol together with selective nighttime entertainment venues then people (genuine tourists in particular) will not be disappointed and give bad reviews of the country as a whole

Right at the time when the extremely virulent B.1.1.529 variant has been discovered (much more virulent than the Delta variant!)  and is currently being analysed due to suspicions that no current vaccine will be effective against it! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, grain said:

Yep, great idea, ease the restrictions, and in a couple of weeks if the Sth African variant gets out around the world, you reintroduce all the restrictions again, probably seal borders. 

Singapore is adding Thailand (and others: Cambodia, Fiji, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Turkey) to its Quranatine-Free Travel Lane effective 15 December.

It has however today banned flights from several countries in Africa, including South Africa, because of the new Nu variant, which was detected in a passenger from Botswana quarantining in Hong Kong, (who passed it on to the person in the opposite room of the Q hotel). Nu has 32 proteins, (spikes), vs Delta's 13-17.

None of these countries appear to be on Thailand's list of 63, which are classified as quarantine "free".

Edited by samtam

1 minute ago, samtam said:

Singapore is adding Thailand (and others: Cambodia, Fiji, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Turkey) to its Quranatine-Free Travel Lane effective 15 December.

Interesting, so Australia has a bubble with Singapore and Singapore has a bubble with Thailand...sounds like a plan for easy travel to Swampy ????

7 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Interesting, so Australia has a bubble with Singapore and Singapore has a bubble with Thailand...sounds like a plan for easy travel to Swampy ????

Quite possibly. I have to go to Hong Kong in January, and will undergo 21 days quarantine, as Thailand is in HK's A risk (highest), but Singapore is not (B - 14 days), but to qualify for that reduction in Q in HK, I would have to spend 21 days in Singapore, and I think that's a bridge too far, maybe not even marginally better. There's also the risk of catching Covid with additional travel. But, this Singapore move may see HK moving these 6 countries to B risk (14 days Q). A man can dream. Plenty of time for that in 21 days incarceration.

Edited by samtam

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

The deluded are those that think they would want mass tourism, only a wet dream for some on this forum.

Time to build back better.

To 'build back better' you need the tools and know how ,Thailand has neither ,just a vague mission statement accompanied by no vision nor practical plans on how to achieve that. The delusion is thinking otherwise 

• Like 1

Thailand may ease entry requirements but the feeder countries that passengers transit through, for instance, Singapore have very strict requirements. So its not just about Thailand's requirements but the limitations imposed by transit countries and the border restrictions of source countries. Its making travel costly, complicated and difficult to manage.

1 hour ago, NobbyClarke said:

New South African variant next?

I hope someone remembers, this time, that Thailand is not except from the rest of the world.

I also hope that the kindly and friendly people of Thailand receive more financial help that they desperately and urgently need.

LOS will survive this, however, LOS needs the Thailand population to survive this.

Kindly and friendly people of Thailand ? 555 are you sure you’ve ever been there.

1 hour ago, KhunMorris said:

Nope. Because a) the airport can't deal with 10,000s of ATK tests a day and b) if you're not testing at the airport or hotel then you could literally do a runner.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

Wealthy Ex Pat

Which is all the reason why your airline should make you do a quick Antigen test prior to boarding a flight to an international destination. Negative test - you can depart, Positive test - No departure for you today.  In fact, you should not even be let into an airport without presenting a negative test at the door!  

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Seems interesting -----why not cut and paste it inavtiveposter---as no one will be able to read it unless they pay Bloomberg some money..........:coffee1:

I could read it without paying. Worrying is the access from South Africa, where a new dangerous variant was detected.

59 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Will said:

Right at the time when the extremely virulent B.1.1.529 variant has been discovered (much more virulent than the Delta variant!)  and is currently being analysed due to suspicions that no current vaccine will be effective against it! 

Let's not exaggerate. News feeds in the UK (Beeb, Guniard, Sky etc.) state only that it could be 40% less effective against vaccines.

The last South African variant was heralded in the same scary manner.

It turned out that it was unable to compete with the Delta as it was weaker and has subsequently disappeared.

Too early for such doomsday predictions.

The most doomsday factor about SARS 2 Covid 19 is that it seems slower than many other viruses (eg. SARS 1) at burning its self out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Seems interesting -----why not cut and paste it inavtiveposter---as no one will be able to read it unless they pay Bloomberg some money..........:coffee1:

Not actually the case.... I have no connection with Bloomberg yet I could read it.  (One gets a monthly free quota from them - Don't allow cookies is the trick)

As I'm feeling magnanimous today......PDF attached. ????

Covid Resilience Ranking_ The Best and Worst Places to Be in 2021.pdf

Edited by VBF

Just now, VBF said:

The insurance is NOT the problem at least if you happen to be from UK.

My standard travel insurance includes Covid health cover - unlimited.

Good for you. It is a problem for many others, especially from me who has decided to self insure their life and travel...don't need extra scam insurance

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

Good for you. It is a problem for many others, especially from me who has decided to self insure their life and travel...don't need extra scam insurance

Well that's a personal choice, but I've always taken travel insurance even when I was young and healthier! My current one is nearly free from my bank despite me having had life-threatening health events in the past.. 

Not wishing to criticise your life choices in any way, but my insurance has paid for itself twice in trips to Thailand.

What's the expression?  Up to yoooooo ????

• Thanks 1