No Omicron Cases In Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope.

You are clearly misinformed about Covid vaccines and are eager to showcase your ignorance.

Again, you attack, simply because I have a different opinion. In the new year, it may be that omicron is the blessing we are all waiting for. You and your vaccine opinion won't look so smart then, and I will be sure to remind you, as you can me if you care to remember this debate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Khabib said:

Sorry, but that's absolutely wrong. In the UK at least. US and Europe may be different, I don't know.

Its the death certificate that counts, not the 28 day period. 

From https://www.ons.gov.uk/

Our data is derived from the death certificate, using information received at the point of death registration. This is different to the data used by PHE which records all deaths with a positive test within 28 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Its the death certificate that counts, not the 28 day period. 

From https://www.ons.gov.uk/

Our data is derived from the death certificate, using information received at the point of death registration. This is different to the data used by PHE which records all deaths with a positive test within 28 days.

Fair enough. I treat anything coming from government in the same way I treat the dependability of Boris "we didn't have a party, but if we did, no rules were broken"

• Like 1

For me, this whole pandemic has been whipped out of all proportion. Much fear mongering, but I do accept some have sadly lost their lives to it, any my sympathy goes to those and their family. Many others, uncounted, and unmentioned, are those not being able to be treated for condions much more life threatening on an individual basis. The economy of the world is going to hell imo, and just how serious, and the loss of life that will entail is yet to be seen.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Khabib said:

Fair enough. I treat anything coming from government in the same way I treat the dependability of Boris "we didn't have a party, but if we did, no rules were broken"

You were given the official UK procedure for determining cause of death, and you laughed it off. 

If only you would likewise laugh off the misinformation that your internet friends send you. 

3 minutes ago, Khabib said:

For me, this whole pandemic has been whipped out of all proportion. Much fear mongering, but I do accept some have sadly lost their lives to it, any my sympathy goes to those and their family. Many others, uncounted, and unmentioned, are those not being able to be treated for condions much more life threatening on an individual basis. The economy of the world is going to hell imo, and just how serious, and the loss of life that will entail is yet to be seen.

The economy is doing better then ever before . Who are the complainers ? Restaurants , bars , entertainment , travel industry , they are certainly hit hard , but many industries do better then ever before . There has been a huge shift of money flow , no doubt about it , but anybody not involved in the sectors mentioned cannot follow the orders . Lot's of people now working from home creating demand for computers and parts , builders and renovators of houses cannot follow up on the demand . I still work , as i mentioned in another topic and our chemical plants are working at what they can give , every drop out is sold ( which is also creating large scale emergency shutdowns/ failures around the world , so the demand is again larger then what can be produced , and creating higher prices ) . Maybe some people not need to listen to bar owners , who certainly suffer a lot , and people from travel industry , and off course the entertainment sector which are all the time with their faces on TV since that is their job . Over here companies are only complaining because there are jobs available but not enough people filling the job .

7 minutes ago, sezze said:

The economy is doing better then ever before . Who are the complainers ? Restaurants , bars , entertainment , travel industry , they are certainly hit hard , but many industries do better then ever before . There has been a huge shift of money flow , no doubt about it , but anybody not involved in the sectors mentioned cannot follow the orders . Lot's of people now working from home creating demand for computers and parts , builders and renovators of houses cannot follow up on the demand . I still work , as i mentioned in another topic and our chemical plants are working at what they can give , every drop out is sold ( which is also creating large scale emergency shutdowns/ failures around the world , so the demand is again larger then what can be produced , and creating higher prices ) . Maybe some people not need to listen to bar owners , who certainly suffer a lot , and people from travel industry , and off course the entertainment sector which are all the time with their faces on TV since that is their job . Over here companies are only complaining because there are jobs available but not enough people filling the job .

I'm in the manufacturing industry, and we had our best quarter in 6 years. But then, I dont get to excited about it, due to it being measured in a devalued pound. Your overall message is pleasing for me, because it's intelligently written, and you didn't attack me like someone else, so thanks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You were given the official UK procedure for determining cause of death, and you laughed it off. 

If only you would likewise laugh off the misinformation that your internet friends send you. 

I don't have even one Internet "friend". Any real friend is known to me in real life. And I always digest any information I can find, and process it, just like any other rational adult. What comes out of that thinking process, varies for us all. Isn't that what helps make life interesting for us all.

The official procedure of registering a death was unknown to me, and I don't laught it off. It's just that, stuck in my memory somewhere (which of course could be wrong) there was a scandal in the early stages about how deaths were being recorded and reported. To such an extent, I seem to recall, that if someone was run over by a bus, but they had covid, it was recorded primarily as covid. Maybe other members may care to comment, and then it will put me out of my misery, one way or other 55

41 minutes ago, Khabib said:

Again, you attack, simply because I have a different opinion. 

All too common these days sadly and along with the statutory negative (troll)voting. All you can do is hit the report button and hope it gets sorted.

Been going on far too long and a massive deterrent for any new posters with opposing views to the “regulars”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Khabib said:

The official procedure of registering a death was unknown to me, and I don't laught it off. It's just that, stuck in my memory somewhere (which of course could be wrong) there was a scandal in the early stages about how deaths were being recorded and reported. To such an extent, I seem to recall, that if someone was run over by a bus, but they had covid, it was recorded primarily as covid. Maybe other members may care to comment, and then it will put me out of my misery, one way or other 55

My recollection is anyone who has died that has had covid registered within the past 28 days is classified as a covid death. 

That may he been updated since. If so I’m sure I will be corrected. . 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kadilo said:

My recollection is anyone who has died that has had covid registered within the past 28 days is classified as a covid death. 

That may he been updated since. 

It may have been updated, that's right and I didn't know that until now, if the above posts putting me right are correct. Your first paragraph is spot on as my memory sees it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Khabib said:

It may have been updated, that's right and I didn't know that until now, if the above posts putting me right are correct. Your first paragraph is spot on as my memory sees it.

I seem to recall a similar discussion a while back and one of the forum covexperts clarified the change. There were a lot of changes made to the recording, hard to keep track of them all. Bit like Boris flip flopping. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sezze said:

I’m sure it wasn’t intentional but your post comes across as pretty insensitive to all those who have lost their businesses, jobs, livelihoods and in some tragic cases their lives. 

The entertainment sector is a massive employer both in UK and particularly Thailand, which is what this thread is about, so keeping it on topic, families have been devastated and remain deprived of fully opening for work for a tiny number of infections/deaths in relation to the devastation it continues to cause, in addition to the massive disruption to education which the full impact will not be known for a whole, along with mental health issues and massive rise suicides. 

Obviously every death is a loss for a family but perspective is the key work and proportional, which at this time neither applies in Thailand imo who currently have 3 deaths/million of population over the past week due to Covid. 

• Like 1