No Omicron Cases In Thailand

webfact

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

From WHO

There is currently no information to suggest that symptoms associated with Omicron are different from those from other variants.  Initial reported infections were among university students—younger individuals who tend to have more mild disease

lets spell something out to u now,in SA you have a large no of people who arnt vaccinated that suffer hiv aids infections so we are now back in the murky world of has this person died of or with the covid infection,as for WHO best of luck with that china doll .i would look at other points of reference but the bottom line is we see govts putting us thru another code red and all the interference that has with our lives,economies and so on when the fact is this disease kills a very small proportion of its victims who are a very recognisable,small and vulnerable part of our population.we must learn to live with it and move on.jab up and ship out.the vast majority of people have had their lives jobs and basic human rights infringed upon by a virus that has had very little effect on them induced by mass waves of hysteria and govt control.look at this country,in the same time and space more people have died in accidents on the roads,25-30,000 so we are led to believe,are cars banned?this has been going on longer than covid have our lives stopped due to that fact?we need some perspective on this.i dont know anyone in this country who has died of it but a fair no that have had it in a minor way most describing it as a version of a cold or flu and that goes for SA too,in the west we have old populations that are ill and fat and that seems to be a main driver according to the medical experts.calm down get a grip and stop wailing.i know of some people here and elsewhere who have put themselves into semi isolation and cut themselves off from society in general.why?hysteria fear and media govt manipulation.get over it and get a life.most people in SA have far more pressing concerns than covid to worry them,ie putting food on the table and that goes for most of africa and here too,whats govt done to help them?very little to nothing by a situation caused by govt policy,last week japan banned entry to all foreigners ,yikes tokyo 1940 some things never change

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

lets spell something out to u now,in SA you have a large no of people who arnt vaccinated that suffer hiv aids infections so we are now back in the murky world of has this person died of or with the covid infection,as for WHO best of luck with that china doll .i would look at other points of reference but the bottom line is we see govts putting us thru another code red and all the interference that has with our lives,economies and so on when the fact is this disease kills a very small proportion of its victims who are a very recognisable,small and vulnerable part of our population.we must learn to live with it and move on.jab up and ship out.the vast majority of people have had their lives jobs and basic human rights infringed upon by a virus that has had very little effect on them induced by mass waves of hysteria and govt control.look at this country,in the same time and space more people have died in accidents on the roads,25-30,000 so we are led to believe,are cars banned?this has been going on longer than covid have our lives stopped due to that fact?we need some perspective on this.i dont know anyone in this country who has died of it but a fair no that have had it in a minor way most describing it as a version of a cold or flu and that goes for SA too,in the west we have old populations that are ill and fat and that seems to be a main driver according to the medical experts.calm down get a grip and stop wailing.i know of some people here and elsewhere who have put themselves into semi isolation and cut themselves off from society in general.why?hysteria fear and media govt manipulation.get over it and get a life.most people in SA have far more pressing concerns than covid to worry them,ie putting food on the table and that goes for most of africa and here too,whats govt done to help them?very little to nothing by a situation caused by govt policy,last week japan banned entry to all foreigners ,yikes tokyo 1940 some things never change

Thanks for the rant but I was only responding to your claim on what WHO said. Thats all. Have a nice day

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That info is from nearly two weeks ago.

Here's part of what they said in their latest update.

WHO Covid weekly update Dec 7, 2021

It may still be too early to be sure but I have not seen any reports of Omicron causing severe illness or death, from anywhere in the world as yet. Perhaps I'm just a hopeless optimist, but as far as I can tell, the evidence (albeit limited) continues to be encouraging on this front.

Actually this is there latest update from this post:

This is the latest from WHO on the severity of Omicron and the urban legend that viruses mutate to a milder form. Taken from the 8th Dec Covid Press Briefing Transcript:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes, and for me with my rose-coloured glasses, the take away from that briefing is that there is still only evidence of mild disease with Omicron. And although that could change, I still prefer to take a more optimistic outlook.

For instance, there's another story from Norway where 120 people got Covid in a hotel where an early Christmas party was being held on November 26. Not all of them are definitely confirmed as being Omicron cases yet but that is the working assumption. As stated by Norwegian health authorities, all cases were mild or asymptomatic.

Europe's biggest Omicron outbreak appears mild

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Yes, and for me with my rose-coloured glasses, the take away from that briefing is that there is still only evidence of mild disease with Omicron. And although that could change, I still prefer to take a more optimistic outlook.

For instance, there's another story from Norway where 120 people got Covid in a hotel where an early Christmas party was being held on November 26. Not all of them are definitely confirmed as being Omicron cases yet but that is the working assumption. As stated by Norwegian health authorities, all cases were mild or asymptomatic.

Europe's biggest Omicron outbreak appears mild

Yes saw that. They were also all vaccinated 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Hardly......

of course your always right,didnt your mummy love you.now go back home bolt all the windows and doors put on your pampers and now the nasty covid cant get you.this visrus effects a small part of our population  and all of us have been drawan into this paranoia ,if you wish to be part of it please go ahead but many of us have jabbed up and want to get on with the rest of our lives,as for your article where does it state that those people died of covid delta or SA it doesnt so.....the people of that part of SA have far more pressing concerns in everyday life than dealing with covid or massive anxiety from western control freak govts

leave them be theyll deal with it just send them send vaccines

28 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

All the people in the party who tested positive (70 of them) were fully vaccinated - I'm not sure the same has been confirmed for the other 50 people in the same hotel (but not in the party) who also caught it.

But in any event, all the evidence I've seen so far is that whether vaccinated or not, there have been no serious illnesses or deaths confirmed from Omicron infections.

This may change - as more and more people get Omicron there will almost certainly be some serious cases and deaths, especially in older folks with comorbidities but again, and from what I see, I think there's still reason to at least hope that Omicron is going to be milder than previous variants.

I hope for the best and plan for the worst.............................

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Khabib said:

The vaxed have been sold a pup I'm afraid.

There's good money to be made in pups:

"The financial windfall at Moderna ... has propelled three new names onto Forbes magazine’s list of the 400 richest people in the United States....   The stated net worth of each was more than $3.5 billion."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/06/business/moderna-forbes-400-list.html

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Khabib said:

For me, the best bit is, I'm not a scared sheep. Life will end, and for some ahead of time simply because they "follow" the science. Peace to all!

Chrisb wait and see, then read it and weep. Jing jing

• Sad 1

Thanks Chris. The bit that hurts me, is those that end up in hospital for some other reason, then contract covid, which often sees them off, when their at the most vulnerable- and recorded as a covid death. Its unfathomable imo

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Khabib said:

Anyone from the UK knows, people simply can't get an appointment at the doctors easily anymore. If they have cancer, heart disease, or many other ailments. But that doesn't count does it. Their deaths are totally ignored.

True say. I have a family member waiting for critical heart surgery and it’s been postponed twice and now say it could be another 6 months due to backlogs.  

The days of face to face appointments seem to be a thing of the past. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

True say. I have a family member waiting for critical heart surgery and it’s been postponed twice and now say it could be another 6 months due to backlogs.  

The days of face to face appointments seem to be a thing of the past. 

I'm so sorry to hear that. So much of that is going on.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Khabib said:

Thanks Chris. The bit that hurts me, is those that end up in hospital for some other reason, then contract covid, which often sees them off, when their at the most vulnerable- and recorded as a covid death. Its unfathomable imo

Nope.

Medical examiners are not idiots. They know how to determine primary cause of death.

Your internet friends have misinformed you about this.

1 hour ago, Khabib said:

For me, the best bit is, I'm not a scared sheep. Life will end, and for some ahead of time simply because they "follow" the science. Peace to all!

If you are not scared of Covid, it’s because your internet friends have not told you about how Covid kills you. 

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope.

Medical examiners are not idiots. They know how to determine primary cause of death.

Your internet friends have misinformed you about this.

Sorry, but that's absolutely wrong. In the UK at least. US and Europe may be different, I don't know.

• Like 1