Uploading of self test results on Morchana app

Barry864

Hi good afternoon,

I came to Thailand 1 week ago through the test & go scheme , stayed 1 night at an ASQ hotel and tested negative. I was given also a self test kit to self test on day 6 or 7. I did not realize at that time that I had to download the morchana app. As I opened the test kit today, my day 7, it days to d/l morchana which I did, but there is no option to upload my result (negative) as the app thinks I arrived today and will notify me to test after a week. Please advise.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Both hotels and the government are telling people to upload the results in Mor Chana, yet that app obviously has no upload functionality. Some people have been sending the result back to their Test & Go hotel by email or Line, while others have just been doing nothing. It's pretty clear that no one in charge knows or cares how the day 7 ATK is actually supposed to work.

• Like 2

Same problem for me. 7 day yesterday. 

I sent picture of test to hotel, they then tell me to upload. BAH

I am not sure if coincidence or what. Local Doctor came and looked at test, then photographed test and my passport. Asked how I was enjoying 

Thailand.  Then on their way. 

Asked my girlfriend,  how'd they know I was here? She said everyone in this village knows you are here. 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I got a notification today with a website address to upload the results but it opened morchana (no way to report test) and notification closed so I couldn't get the website address.

If any one else get the notification I suggest a screenshot before clicking it

29 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

It should still be in Mor Chana under 'notification' (the icon on the bottom right of the homescreen.) I did the same thing.

If the notification with the link to upload the ATK result is not being received there is nothing which can be done. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

If the notification with the link to upload the ATK result is not being received there is nothing which can be done. 

Yes, that's true. But @Nick ZepTepi says he received the notification, but didn't get the chance to click through after Mor Chana opened, so it should still be there in the notifications. 

If it never comes through at all, there's nothing you can do.

• Thanks 1

I got the pop up notice at least 4 times in the last 7 days. When I clicked the link it just took me to the Morchana app but there was nothing in the notification tab. I've been taking screenshots all this time. Today finally when I click the link in the pop up, It finally shows the screen to upload the test image. I got the report has been submitted message.

Another weird thing is that the notifications tab is now showing me that I had 7 days of messages to upload the test! 

UPDATE: Status turned from orange to green

Edited by JerseytoBKK
updated info

• 2 weeks later...

Back home from my one day test and go.   PCR tested at 6pm and they had the results 'Lined' to us at 3am.   It was a real light swab too this time, especially compared to the Icelandic nurse who seemed to be flicking my uvula back and forth for fun.

For the day 5, the hotel said we'd get a Morchana 'link' if it was working and if not, to just send a photo of the results to the hotel and they'd forward it for us.    

The Morchana shines thru with inept design. The notice to upload day5 test results lays behind the 'notification' bell icon which of course give no indication of a receive (pending) notification. Clicking the link therein releases you into a whole new game of guesswork devoid of any instructions

624924721_Screenshot2022-03-22124429.jpg.447632d1553f098a009237bbd9f0a909.jpg

Presumed Lab # to be the serial # on LFT

Release date - who would know! Curiously nothing appears as you type to this box and wont send without its completion!! Type a date in "blind" and it goes.

Photo again no mention of requirements (Ive read of talk about photos of passport).

Usual delusional nonsense of gov depts devolving app creation to school children (presumably the offspring of some favoured departmental big Boss)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Regyai said:

The Morchana shines thru with inept design. The notice to upload day5 test results lays behind the 'notification' bell icon which of course give no indication of a receive (pending) notification. Clicking the link therein releases you into a whole new game of guesswork devoid of any instructions

624924721_Screenshot2022-03-22124429.jpg.447632d1553f098a009237bbd9f0a909.jpg

Presumed Lab # to be the serial # on LFT

Release date - who would know! Curiously nothing appears as you type to this box and wont send without its completion!! Type a date in "blind" and it goes.

Photo again no mention of requirements (Ive read of talk about photos of passport).

Usual delusional nonsense of gov depts devolving app creation to school children (presumably the offspring of some favoured departmental big Boss)

This worked for me... 

I arrived at the beginning of March... but the Mor Promp App never worked properly - I never received a notification even when clicking on the ‘bell icon’ at the bottom right of my screen. 

The App itself used up too much battery on my phone so I just disabled it and forgot about it. 

After reading this thread I figured to upload my ATK result (just to see if it works), it did...  But I didn’t have any details (No Lab number etc) - I just used my passport #.

The date input worked and I used the date I left T&G hotel and uploaded a photo of the ATK result (which I’d taken on Day 5). 

My Mor Promp QR turned from yellow to green....  I suspect this occurs simply because the result is selected ‘negative’ and there are no further checks made. 

Its not a big deal for me - its obvious the whole set up is a pantomime. 

Pantomimes do actually entertain children though

This serves only to conjure the image of countless government employees passing around 100's of thousands of photocopied papers for diligent rubber stamping. (to absolutely NO avail)

As for battery drain etc I bought with me a 2nd (sterile) phone with all permissions off specifically for Morchana install. Been switched off since installed, opened only for day 5 debacle, now off again for the remaining duration of stay.

Edited by Regyai

• 2 weeks later...

It’s day 5 for me. I have been running MorChana since my arrival, and it has been green.

i have no notification bell, I clicked everything on the screen, no pop-ups.

So I emailed the photo of the test to the hotel staff (no email for the nurses was given), and hope they forward it to the right place.

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It’s day 5 for me. I have been running MorChana since my arrival, and it has been green.

i have no notification bell, I clicked everything on the screen, no pop-ups.

So I emailed the photo of the test to the hotel staff (no email for the nurses was given), and hope they forward it to the right place.

Unless they've updated it, the notification usually comes through on day 7 or 8

39 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

How can you show/prove, that it is actually YOUR ATK test unless you video the whole process, with your passport showing and a current proof of date & time. 

You can't, and you aren't required to .

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So what's this whole thread about?

How you actually upload the results. Jumping through the hoops may be pointless, and they don't appear to do anything whatsoever with the information anyway, but you are still supposed to do it.

• Haha 1