More illegal migrants arrested crossing border into Prachuap Khiri Khan

snoop1130

262639278_4562975653757972_3075899432017740154_n-696x522.jpeg

More illegal migrants from neighbouring Myanmar have been arrested after crossing the border in Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Over the weekend, 87 Burmese nationals were arrested trying to cross into Thailand along the natural border pathway.

Those arrested told border patrol officers they had entered into Thailand in hope of finding work in Samut Sakhon, Samut Prakan, Suphan Buri and Ratchaburi provinces.

Full Story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/more-illegal-migrants-arrested-crossing-border-into-prachuap-khiri-khan/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-11-30

Quite obvious where the 'tightening up' needs to be to keep Thailand healthy and moving forward,  take note of the biohazard gear on one, gloves, sleeves pulled down no skin exposed while near the jungle runners.........

+ to the thread in general, I hike along the border with Myanmar; from Phetchaburi  prov to Tak prov and trust me, there are thousands of trails and it is a very difficult place to patrol.

https://www.goexplorethailand.com/post/solitude-leeches

This is in Ratchaburi prov and the place is littered with old trails. 

Edited by bangkokbonecollector

22 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

I know that border well with Burma very easy and numerous spots to sneak across. Really easy if you wish to visit Burma.

Yea, it's a bit porous.  Absolutely nothing stopping anyone from walking in.  Hard part is getting to Hwy 4 / main road and to the factories for work.  That's where the trafficker is needed, unless already having someone in country to assist.  More than a few factories / processing plants on the west side of hwy 4, if again, having an in.

If they were serious about this:

1. More effort needed in policing the border - yes, a big job but they have a big army ("360,850 active duty and 200,000 reserve personnel" - from google.)

2. Need very harsh penalities to those who employ, house or harbour illegal entrants.

3. Need a police force to follow up at workplaces, housing estates, etc.

... in short: it's never going to happen: too many local industries rely on the steady supply of these workers.

For completeness, I should add:

4. Need schemes to get unemployed Thais into these jobs the illegals are taking (yes, I know: can't be done, won't happen).

5. If illegals are indeed refugees, then proper facilities should be provided for them (yes, I know, it's not Thailand's strong point).

• Like 1