A 10,000-baht reward offered to people who report traffic law violators, during the New Year’s “7 Dangerous Days” holiday

webfact

On 12/1/2021 at 5:24 AM, spidermike007 said:

More nonsense. 
A while back they had another campaign similar to this and they had posters with phone numbers that you could call to report vehicles that were polluting. We were driving and we saw this truck that was pumping out huge black clouds of smoke and I copied down their license plate and I dialed the number, and handed my phone to my Thai wife and ask her speak to the department. She asked the person who answered the phone what can they do? He ask my wife why are you calling us and she said, well you have phone numbers posted to report polluting vehicles? The guy said well I don't know who I would report it to, and she said well that's not really our issue is it? You're supposed to be monitoring polluting vehicles. He said OK, I'll give me the license plate number and I'll see what I can do. My wife said are you going to do anything? He said, I don't know I need to look at the regulations first and see who I'm supposed to report it to, and then maybe somebody will do something. 

Yep, that's Thai bureaucracy for you! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And this from the article nails the issue!!

''TPN media notes that this was primarily a “prize giveaway” and not every traffic violation reported would lead to a cash payout, if at all. If indeed this was the case, one could likely make a healthy living simply by walking around local roads''

I recall a news special on the genuine problem the "citizen reward" program has evolved in mainland China. Evil people would cause trouble and an associate evil person would film and report the sucker in the scheme. One camera, and carefully edited clips, only tells one side of the true story. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 11:33 PM, jacko45k said:

For heavens sake... one only needs to take a ride down Sukhumvit for twenty minutes to see dozens of traffic violations, from no helmet, red-light running, illegal turns, going against traffic direction, lane marker straddling, double parking etc etc.....

What is the point of these police?

Get recording.....Kerching.