Germany locks down unvaccinated people, as leaders plan to make shots compulsory

Jeffr2

1 minute ago, blackprince said:

It's easy enough oz. Go on to my profile and click the relevant posts.

Not good enough, I want you to link to posts where you have explicitly stated that vaccines reduce transmission. You denied it and I called you on it.

20 minutes ago, blackprince said:

I'm also very aware of Johns Hopkins stats, I've been linking them for 15 months at least, and as a trained statistician at Bachelor & Master's levels I'm very capable of interpreting them and even identifying their occasional weak spots, but rather than trying to blind people with science as so many do here, I'll simply reiterate something that everyone can understand:

In the UK "nine in 10 of those aged 12 or over having had a single jab and eight in 10 having had a second" yet transmission and hospitalisations and deaths continue within those groups, albeit at a reduced rate. (BBC 20 hours ago)

In other words 90% of Brits over 12  have been single vaxxed and 80% of Brits over 12 have been double vaxxed, yet covid is still spreading within those groups.

I've stated repeatedly that vaccines reduce transmission and death. It's equally clear that vaccines DO NOT ELIMINATE COVID.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55274833

It's just as dangerous to assert that vaccines eliminate covid risk as it is to assert that vaccines don't work.

Strange because hovering over your avatar it says you joined in April this year yet you say you've been linking to them for 15 months.................

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, blackprince said:

I've stated repeatedly that vaccines reduce transmission and death. It's equally clear that vaccines DO NOT ELIMINATE COVID.

But you've also stated this: "Vaccines don't necessarily reduce the chance of getting covid, they reduce the chance of getting seriously ill from a bad dose of covid, or transmitting a bad dose of covid. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Strange because hovering over your avatar it says you joined in April this year yet you say you've been linking to them for 15 months.................

Hover away my friend.

I didn't say I'd been linking Johns Hopkins here for 15 months. I rarely use this forum. And I do have a life outside it.

But I am very familiar with Johns Hopkins, 15 months is actually an underestimate, 18 months more like, right back to the time when the UK had the 3rd worst covid mortality rate in the world in fact. Then it had a great vaccine rollout and then another nosedive as "the nine in 10 of those aged 12 or over having had a single jab and eight in 10 having had a second" (BBC 200 hours ago) believed they had covid licked and started massing in so called "super spreader" events without masks and proved to the world that vaccines don't kill covid, they merely reduce the risk of transmission, serious illness and death.

And it's not unknown for people to lose passwords on old accounts or even change accounts.

Anyway, duty calls my friends. Have a good evening.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, blackprince said:

I didn't say I'd been linking Johns Hopkins here for 15 months. I rarely use this forum. And I do have a life outside it.

I think anyone who has followed covid for the last 18 months will also be very familiar with John Hopkins, however you said you've been linking to it for the last 15 months, well if that was not on this forum we just need to take your word for that.

7 minutes ago, blackprince said:

And it's not unknown for people to lose passwords on old accounts or even change accounts.

But you just said above it was not due to this so why mention it?

I think we can stop with what is turning into a rather pedantic and off-topic discussion.  

I think we can stick to Germany, vaccinated/unvaccinated/mandates and locking down one group or another.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rabang said:

Now I understand better where you come from...

Never left the house recently because I got bronchitis!  Before that, I've been traveling extensively.  Fully masked, fully vaccinated, socially distanced.  About the best I can do.

• Sad 1

On 12/5/2021 at 4:01 AM, Captain Monday said:

Masking needs to be permanent and near universal, as well as social distancing and self restraint.Japan has done great over the going to near zero from shocking highs of 25000 cases a day in Tokyo.

Nobody can answer for sure Why, but they are doing something right.

We can NEVER go back to a world where people don't to behave properly

No talking in elevators. No talking loud at all. No more dancing or canoodling in bars. There is nothing wrong with going maskless whilst hill-walking solo, but dog walkers in towns need to cover their faces when encountering passersby. 

I hope that is sarcasm.

I and those that I know reject such out of hand.

If by some horrible chance that is the world to come the sooner I'm out of it the better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Lagging behind NZ then. Apparently lots lost their jobs already.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126796820/mandates-and-certificates-pushing-unvaccinated-into-a-corner-as-employment-opportunities-shrink

Government vaccination orders have been estimated currently to cover about 40 per cent of the workforce. Further mandates are being considered by the Government, including for public sector workers with public-facing jobs.

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah, these mandates are working.  In NYC, they were predicting thousands of police officers would quit if forced to get the jab.  In the end, only a few dozen did. 

Covid is the #1 killer of cops now.  Stunning they're so against it.  Misinformation is hurting our ability to defeat this enemy.

Apparently at least a few ( perhaps more- there isn't much info that I can find ) nurses have lost their jobs, and I know of at least 2 that quit. That's a big problem because there was a shortage of nurses even before corona. Unintended consequences and all that.

Next NZ election ( and perhaps those in other western countries ) is going to be very "interesting".

Also the opposition has elected a new leader and we have great hopes for him against her.

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Never left the house recently because I got bronchitis!  Before that, I've been traveling extensively.  Fully masked, fully vaccinated, socially distanced.  About the best I can do.

How did you catch bronchitis of you were fully masked and social distancing?

Are you suggesting the masks and distancing don't work?

I've caught nothing since COVID started.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

Good question.  The doc couldn't say.  But my friend was in the ICU and I was in there every day, for long periods of time just before I got sick.  Fully masked and social distancing as much as possible in a very small ICU room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Are you suggesting the masks and distancing don't work?

I've caught nothing since COVID started.

Bronchitis is usually, but not always an accompanying infection with a cold or flu but can also be caused by smoking and airborne pollution.

Masks are not 100% effective, nor is social distancing, nor is hand washing, nor are vaccine, but you already know that.

“I've caught nothing since COVID started.”

Haven't you previously stated you were  believed you were infected with COVID?

Forgive me if, like masks, my memory is not perfect.

14 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

You have been 'traveling extensively' in these times of covid 19, yet you told me you were not putting others at risk of the virus!!!  

You have even regularly been in close proximity to vulnerable people in a hospital while you went to visit someone in the ICU.

We are all advised not to travel unnecessary, and most places you can't go visit people in hospital.  If you managed to get sick with bronchitis then you could also have got sick with covid.

Edited by jak2002003
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

You have been 'traveling extensively' in these times of covid 19, yet you told me you were not putting others at risk of the virus!!!  

You have even regularly been in close proximity to vulnerable people in a hospital while you went to visit someone in the ICU.

We are all advised not to travel unnecessary, and most places you can't go visit people in hospital.  If you managed to get sick with bronchitis then you could also have got sick with covid.

Double jabbed, mask up, social distance, stay outdoors as much as possible, get tested on a regular basis.  What else would you recommend I do?

Tested the day of entering the ICU, and now, every time you enter, you're tested.

I'll wait for your reply. :coffee1:

The omicron numbers are probably a lot higher in Europe, when we look at Denmark's spiking numbers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/12/05/denmark-omicron-sequencing/

So maybe restrictions like the ones Germany planned will be rolled out in more countries?

Or it could flip the game plan if it turns out to be less deadly.

It seems like more and more experts are slightly optimistic, but i still think it's feels a bit weird to celebrate a new mutation.

"YAY for omicron. Let's raise our glasses. All hail the new mutation"

Yeah that felt weird to say out loud. ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Double jabbed, mask up, social distance, stay outdoors as much as possible, get tested on a regular basis.  What else would you recommend I do?

Tested the day of entering the ICU, and now, every time you enter, you're tested.

I'll wait for your reply. :coffee1:

You can still have the virus and it wouldn't show up in tests results for up to ten days , so you could still pass on the virus if you tests negative 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I made my point in the post which you replied to .

Shall I make the same point again in another post ?

Sure.  But everyone understands what you said.  Not sure why you're repeating it here?  Just to bash me in some way?

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sure.  But everyone understands what you said.  Not sure why you're repeating it here?  Just to bash me in some way?

Oh, I do apologise , I wont mention that even after a negative test  you could still actually be positive and still pass on the virus , I wont mention it again in the future , as I don't want to "bash" anyone .

Hope you didn't get too upset at the "bashing" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Don't like having all your falsehoods exposed?

I don't mind, you can try "expose" my falsehoods all you want.  This is what you guys are getting paid for after all. 

9059 posts since Oct 2020, really? 

Are you here on an expat package or were you hired locally? 

Edited by lucky2008
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

I don't mind, you can try "expose" my falsehoods all you want.  This is what you guys are getting paid for after all. 

9059 posts since Oct 2020, really? 

Are you here on an expat package or were you hired locally? 

Do you really believe that there is some party out there willing to pay me to shoot down comments like yours that are so obviously ludicrous? It just so happens that I enjoy shooting fish in a barrel.

• Haha 1