Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

1 minute ago, Mitkof Island said:

If I have a multiple entry visa stamp from the Petchabun Immigration office can I also do 90 reporting online if unable to do a border run?

If you have a multi re-entry stamp you would normally have an extension of stay - that stamp just allows you to exit/return during that time period.  If you stay longer than 90 days you have to make a 90 day report.  You would not have a multi entry visa stamp from immigration.  But if actually a multi entry visa from a Consulate then you have to exit at or before the permitted to stay stamp.

16 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

If I have a multiple entry visa stamp from the Petchabun Immigration office can I also do 90 reporting online if unable to do a border run?

Unfortunately no. You would have to go to immigration and pay for another 30 days. How would a immigration office inside Thailand have given an ME Visa. That's only available from outside of the country.

Edited by ThailandRyan

I will fly out this week and return in a few days. I used the online last time, with success.

I guess my 90 days will start on the day I return., but will I get an email from the online site when it's time to do the 90 day again?

I will mark in  my calendar to check when the date is near, just in case.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

If you have a multi re-entry stamp you would normally have an extension of stay - that stamp just allows you to exit/return during that time period.  If you stay longer than 90 days you have to make a 90 day report.  You would not have a multi entry visa stamp from immigration.  But if actually a multi entry visa from a Consulate then you have to exit at or before the permitted to stay stamp.

Its all a bit confusing since this is the first time I applied for a one year Type O visa for marriage inside of Thailand NOT in America. I return to Petchabun Immigration on Tuesday after they did their house check about three weeks ago. That is I guess when I decide to do 90 day reporting online, visa the office every 90 days or do a border run. I prefer to do a border run as for me much more easy to cross into Laos or Malaysia when I choose stamp and be done with it. I have little trust with any online Thailand anything and every time I return to the office they have their hands out for more money and I sit and sign mountains of paper work.

So if I understand correctly. If I have a multi-re-entry stamp given to me at a Immigration office in Petchabun If I cross a border within 90 days I DO NOT have to go to the office nor do anything online?

1 minute ago, Mitkof Island said:

Its all a bit confusing since this is the first time I applied for a one year Type O visa for marriage inside of Thailand NOT in America. I return to Petchabun Immigration on Tuesday after they did their house check about three weeks ago. That is I guess when I decide to do 90 day reporting online, visa the office every 90 days or do a border run. I prefer to do a border run as for me much more easy to cross into Laos or Malaysia when I choose stamp and be done with it. I have little trust with any online Thailand anything and every time I return to the office they have their hands out for more money and I sit and sign mountains of paper work.

So if I understand correctly. If I have a multi-re-entry stamp given to me at a Immigration office in Petchabun If I cross a border within 90 days I DO NOT have to go to the office nor do anything online?

Unsure what you have as in country visa is only single entry for 90 days and costs 2,000 baht - did you do an additional one year extension of stay for 1,900 baht?  And obtained a multi re-entry permit for 3,800 baht?  If that is your status you can come and go at will and as long as you do not stay longer than 90 days on any entry no 90 day reports will be required.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

I guess my 90 days will start on the day I return., but will I get an email from the online site when it's time to do the 90 day again?

You will not get a email to remind you that your report is due 90 days from the day you enter the country.

The  emails sent as a reminder is only for the reports done online.

23 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Not sure why you would want to leave the country to avoid doing a 90 day report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. Easy to do online.

Why pay 3800 baht for a multiple re-entry permit you may not really need?

20 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Unsure what you have as in country visa is only single entry for 90 days and costs 2,000 baht - did you do an additional one year extension of stay for 1,900 baht?  And obtained a multi re-entry permit for 3,800 baht?  If that is your status you can come and go at will and as long as you do not stay longer than 90 days on any entry no 90 day reports will be required.

If I understand correctly I go to the office again on this Tuesday and will issue me a one year visa not sure if it is multi-entry Type O or single. So I am guessing when I go in that is when I ask for a multiple entry and pay another 3,800 baht plus another 1,900 baht for the one year visit itself.

Once this visa is finished plan in the future to just use the Savannkhet, Laos Thai embassy it sure was a far less hassle than this. I paid $200 did not have have to deal with mountains of paperwork, pictures of hose, bank statements, singing my name over 100 times in one visit. Having to pay (party) money for ??? . Never again if I had known what a hassle it was.

5 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

If I understand correctly I go to the office again on this Tuesday and will issue me a one year visa not sure if it is multi-entry Type O or single. So I am guessing when I go in that is when I ask for a multiple entry and pay another 3,800 baht plus another 1,900 baht for the one year visit itself.

You have applied for and will be issued a one year extension of stay not a visa.

To keep your extension of stay valid if you want to travel you will need a re-entry permit to keep it valid when you enter the country. A single re-entry permit is 1000 baht and a multiple is 3800 baht.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have applied for and will be issued a one year extension of stay not a visa.

To keep your extension of stay valid if you want to travel you will need a re-entry permit to keep it valid when you enter the country. A single re-entry permit is 1000 baht and a multiple is 3800 baht.

Thank you for explaining the difference it is confusing since I applied last time from Savannahket Laos. So if I pay for a multiple entry stamp for 3800 baht do I also have the ability to either stamp at any office or do it online also?  I have three options?

7 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Thank you for explaining the difference it is confusing since I applied last time from Savannahket Laos. So if I pay for a multiple entry stamp for 3800 baht do I also have the ability to either stamp at any office or do it online also?  I have three options?

You cannot get a reentry permit online - but you  can do it any Immigration office, or at an airport (personally I would do it before flying).

11 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

You only need a re-entry permit if you are leaving and re-entering the county. It has nothing to do with doing reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country.

You will need to do your 90 day reports to the office that issued your extension unless you formally change your address to another province.

You can do the report in person, online or by mail.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need a re-entry permit if you are leaving and re-entering the county. It has nothing to do with doing reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country.

You will need to do your 90 day reports to the office that issued your extension unless you formally change your address to another province.

You can do the report in person, online or by mail.

So if I make a border run in 90 days to Malaysia with a multiple entry stamp I still have to report in person, online or by mail to the immigration office that issued the extension? Crossing the border would gain me nothing?

3 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

So if I make a border run in 90 days to Malaysia with a multiple entry stamp I still have to report in person, online or by mail to the immigration office that issued the extension? Crossing the border would gain me nothing?

If you leave and re-enter the country before you have stayed 90 days in the country you would not have to do a 90 day report.

Not sure why you do not want do do 90 reports at immigration since it would be much easier than a trip out of the country.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you leave and re-enter the country before you have stayed 90 days in the country you would not have to do a 90 day report.

Not sure why you do not want do do 90 reports at immigration since it would be much easier than a trip out of the country.

In my situation I have two homes one in the south my wife rents and another in the north where I am registered with the immigration office, my main address in Thailand. Because of Covid getting public transportation from my village to Thai Immigration in the north believe it or not is more difficult than if I just take a trip to Malaysia by train and return to my southern home. Besides I enjoy traveling and have never had any big issues crossing borders by land in the past. That is why I traveled to Savannakhet Laos before Covid and got my Type O Multiple Entry Viss/Stamp from there. Sure was a lot less hassle, no bank accounts needed, etc, etc, etc. I just crossed a border every 90 days.

But thank you for taking the time to clarify what I can and can not do. Just trying to stay within the guidelines of the law. Have not gotten a clear direct message from the local office. Their English is not that understandable sadly and my Thai is not 100% fluent. So worry things could get lost in translation. And also don,t trust doing anything online with immigration. I would rather be face to face with a person.

Edited by Mitkof Island

In my situation I have two homes one in the south my wife rents and another in the north where I am registered with the immigration office, my main address in Thailand.

You will only need to do your first 90 day report in person that is due 90 days from the day you applied for your extension. You can do the report up to 15 days before the report date and up to 7 days after.

After doing the first report you could do them online or by mail.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will only need to do your first 90 day report in person that is due 90 days from the day you applied for your extension. You can do the report up to 15 days before the report date and up to 7 days after.

After doing the first report you could do them online or by mail.

I believe I get my one year extension of stay on this Tuesday June 12th. So you are saying the FIRST time after the first 90 days I have to appear at the office in person again? I can either go in 15 days early or 7 days afterward the date? And after all that I can then leave the country?

And after all that I can then leave the country?

You would not have to do it in person if you left the country before the 90 day report was due.

You could even mail in the first report at most offices. When you go to get your extension stamp ask about doing it by mail.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would not have to do it in person if you left the country before the 90 day report was due.

You could even mail in the first report at most offices. When you go to get your extension stamp ask about doing it by mail.

This first go around I will just likely return to the office but will ask about the mail in option. But afterwards I will likely head to borders. Ok Thanks for your help.

10 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

a) it was a joke 

b) it was 7 months ago 

c) seriously ?

Yes.

I don't typically read 49-page threads but it looks like we've both done it this time.

Edited by NanLaew

I just submitted my new application after kinda forgetting about it for the last week.. it's due on the 19th

I'm the guy who always gets rejected, it has never worked once even with the old system.

Last time, I pushed a bit about it and some immigration lady came clutching my printed "application" pages (there were like 2-3) in her hand with some checkmarks on it.. they then processed it manually and told me next time it would just work. (yeah right)

so this time I will try it once or twice and if not approved then I will go to immigration with laptop in hand, information all filled and she can correct/submit it herself and then reject it herself right after.

hopefully she is right and it works but.. this is my last 90 days report before renewing my Elite 5 years visa stamp in November. which means i have tried almost every single time for the last 5 years and it has never worked.

14 hours ago, kekalot said:

I just submitted my new application after kinda forgetting about it for the last week.. it's due on the 19th

I'm the guy who always gets rejected, it has never worked once even with the old system.

Last time, I pushed a bit about it and some immigration lady came clutching my printed "application" pages (there were like 2-3) in her hand with some checkmarks on it.. they then processed it manually and told me next time it would just work. (yeah right)

so this time I will try it once or twice and if not approved then I will go to immigration with laptop in hand, information all filled and she can correct/submit it herself and then reject it herself right after.

hopefully she is right and it works but.. this is my last 90 days report before renewing my Elite 5 years visa stamp in November. which means i have tried almost every single time for the last 5 years and it has never worked.

Amazingly. The new system works well for me, but I live so close to Immigration that I prefer to go in person. I submitted my last 90 day report with some items missing, but they approved it and accepted it anyway and gave me a receipt stating the date of my next report.

I submitted the online form filling the "compulsory" fields, but strangely the given name filed has not the red star, so i skipped....of course my report has been refused, but i have time.

Anyway it's a bug in the system or has been like that since long time?

well oh well! 3 months before my visa needs renewed it finally worked!

I had a look at the previous rejected ones and it was exactly the same information on the PDFs

I think either they really "fixed" something or the old lady knew I would be there the next day if she rejected my application again and didn't want to deal with me.  (I don't blame her, lol)

technically because I went and did this early, I have to do it again on the 9th of October (just before renewal) but if everything works well then i just have to put my passport number and country and it would be autofilled.

we'll see!

12 hours ago, Quickmill said:

I submitted the online form filling the "compulsory" fields, but strangely the given name filed has not the red star, so i skipped....of course my report has been refused, but i have time.

Anyway it's a bug in the system or has been like that since long time?

On the old online system the given name was not marked with a and many offices were denying the report due to not completing it and they made the new one the same way. My advice has been to type in your full name to avoid problems.

• Like 2