Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

24 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

what does one do when one does not have TM6? The online app requires it.

Are you using 

TM47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/request frm/add

It does not ask for TM6

Edited by norbra

13 minutes ago, Benbkk26 said:

If your 90 report was due in Jan 23 but you renewed your 1 year VISA in Dec 22, does that reset your 90 report? I know is you leave the country it reset it for when you arrive back but does renewing your VISA?

Not unless you also did a TM47 during renewal process (some offices do/allow that).  But it is a bit late to be asking if you have not done by Feb.

1 hour ago, Benbkk26 said:

If your 90 report was due in Jan 23 but you renewed your 1 year VISA in Dec 22, does that reset your 90 report? I know is you leave the country it reset it for when you arrive back but does renewing your VISA?

If it's convenient go to immigration and report,they will give you a new report date together with a 2000 baht fine.

Some members report that they do this at their next "visa" renewal visit

• Thanks 1

This may be a silly question and apologies if already answered above. But: here it is:

Doing my 90 days on line report has proven- for me at least- to be mostly trouble free and easy.

Now I have a re-entry permit. So If I go abroad and return that resets my 90 days.

However, what if I simply want to keep to the 90 day on line dates and ignore the trip away?

Is that possible or would it cause problems?

3 minutes ago, zombie nights said:

This may be a silly question and apologies if already answered above. But: here it is:

Doing my 90 days on line report has proven- for me at least- to be mostly trouble free and easy.

Now I have a re-entry permit. So If I go abroad and return that resets my 90 days.

However, what if I simply want to keep to the 90 day on line dates and ignore the trip away?

I did it once, and was approved ok (even put in the new arrival date).

Last time I decided to actually get the extra days, and reported 90days after entry, approved quickly also.

This is in Pattaya, so it seems as if you are in the system, you'll get approval either way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zombie nights said:

Why would you want to do that?

This is the first time after doing the required annual 1-year extension for my Elite Visa that I’m doing a 90 day report.

I tried to do the 90 day report online as usual on March 7th, and instead of receiving the “approved” email that normally comes, I received last night the following email message:

“Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 13/03/2023.“

What gives? The status of my last report from March 7th in the online site, where you can check the application status, shows “pending” - neither approved nor rejected. Should I wait to see if they approve it Monday or does the fact that my next communication from them told me to report on Monday mean that it was rejected even though the status doesn’t show rejected? Why would I have to report in person this time? Makes no sense. Extremely irritating if that is the case. 

Edited by wml22

9 hours ago, wml22 said:

This is the first time after doing the required annual 1-year extension for my Elite Visa that I’m doing a 90 day report.

I tried to do the 90 day report online as usual on March 7th, and instead of receiving the “approved” email that normally comes, I received last night the following email message:

“Your receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" will be due on 13/03/2023.“

What gives? The status of my last report from March 7th in the online site, where you can check the application status, shows “pending” - neither approved nor rejected. Should I wait to see if they approve it Monday or does the fact that my next communication from them told me to report on Monday mean that it was rejected even though the status doesn’t show rejected? Why would I have to report in person this time? Makes no sense. Extremely irritating if that is the case. 

didn't realise elite visa needed 90 day report - hope you get it sorted

9 hours ago, wml22 said:

I received the same email several days after doing online and in pending status - mine was actually due on 13th however.  Seems they have issues with email notifications now and not sending 15 days early as previously (which in itself was bad as you could not do until next day).  Would not worry if still listed as pending - mine was approve several days later.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Can take 5-10 min to report on line, so why not. Seems resetting the 90 day reporting date may confuse Thai immigration in their computer system. But tell me what you think?

Edited by zombie nights

On 3/11/2023 at 9:48 AM, zombie nights said:

I did it that way and was approved.(Khon Kaen)

But i have noticed i haven't received the email reminder and it's due again in 10 days.

Edited by farmerjo

21 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

3 hours ago, zombie nights said:
21 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Can take 5-10 min to report on line, so why not. Seems resetting the 90 day reporting date may confuse Thai immigration in their computer system. But tell me what you think?

My reply was about the top comment above and not about using the 90 online reporting facility. You were asking about ignoring your trip out of the country which would reset your reporting date. To me this seems to unnecessarily complicate the process. Why not just do an online report 90 days from the date you entered the country, with the entry date counting as day one?

See the post immediately before this one as to the confusion YOU may cause by doing what you are suggesting.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

Did my extension online Mar. 5, was approved Mar. 7.  Process took three minutes.  And I used Chrome!

But since everybody here is complaining, I'll join in the fun:  I wish JavaScript developers would stop forcing us to use date controls that don't correctly accept keyboard input.

Also I think the site would benefit from having a dark mode.

When this new 90-day online reporting process first started it had an automatic email message system that alerted the user 15 days before the due report date. However this now appears to have ended and I did not receive an email alert before the last due date.

I also do not understand why it takes two days to get the report approved when it is approved in one minute for reporting in person. Why does online need to be slower? Is it just to create an annoyance for the user?

54 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Try using Brave with the Dark Reader extension.

That's my main browser, but because it said somewhere that you should use Internet Explorer(!) I thought that going Chrome would be the conservative choice, as I am running on Linux, and have no opportunity to run Internet Explorer.

Brave with Dark Reader is awesome.

22 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Doesn't confuse my IO.

Thank you Matt Daeng. I was simply asking in theory what happens to my 90 day online In the event I do go away from Thailand but ignore my trip in the 90 day on line entry.

Seems you would advise I take the 90 days from the day I re-enter Thailand, and put in the new date for entering Thailand and the system will adjust my reporting on line dates accordingly?

And there will be not confusion with IO...right?

PS: On a separate issue could it be that Thai immigration online no longer issue 15 day reminders for reporting online because of resetting the 90 day dates?

Edited by zombie nights

3 hours ago, zombie nights said:

Thank you Matt Daeng. I was simply asking in theory what happens to my 90 day online In the event I do go away from Thailand but ignore my trip in the 90 day on line entry.

Seems you would advise I take the 90 days from the day I re-enter Thailand, and put in the new date for entering Thailand and the system will adjust my reporting on line dates accordingly?

And there will be not confusion with IO...right?

PS: On a separate issue could it be that Thai immigration online no longer issue 15 day reminders for reporting online because of resetting the 90 day dates?

When I did my last 1 year extension, the IO also did a 90 day report even though it wasn't really due. About 30 days later, I got an email reminder informing me that my online 90 day report was due, which was based on my previous online reporting date. I simply ignored that email and did my next online report (which was accepted and approved) to correspond with the date on the receipt that I got for the manual report done by the IO. No problems arose. It's not me that's advising you when to do the report. The rule is that you need to do a 90 day report only if you have been in the country for 90 consecutive days. Your next report should contain your latest date of entry into Thailand. Also there is no way I can predict if your IO will be confused or not.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2021 at 10:32 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

It should also be noted that the online 90 day reporting system can not be used if a foreigner is completing their first 90 day report, nor can it be used to complete the first 90 day report after receiving a new passport. 

Hello when you leave Thailand then come back, is the report made 90 days after your entry considered also as a first 90 day report?

Is first report after new annual Extension considered as a first report too?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, daejung said:

Hello when you leave Thailand then come back, is the report made 90 days after your entry considered also as a first 90 day report?

Is first report after new annual Extension considered as a first report too?

Thanks

The 90 days start again on the day you enter the country.

A extension of stay application does not reset the 90 days.

Well that's annoying!  Been using online reporting for 90 day reports since I can't recall when.  This time I noticed I didn't get the 'report due' reminder email I've been getting previously but I did the report anyway (due in 13 days).  Chaeng Wattana (BKK).

Filled the online form in EXACTLY as I have filled it in EVERY time before (I even take screen shots so I remember when / where I used upper / lower case etc.)  and absolutely nothing was different.  Submitted yesterday and I just got a 'Rejected' email giving the reason "Information invalid or incomplete".   I have absolutely no idea why or where they consider the information being "invalid or incomplete" as it was filled in exactly the same as last time.  Very strange.  Just sent off another one with exactly the same information again!  Will see how this one goes.  I even went back and checked the actual reports that the system sends to them comparing the last and previous, nothing different at all.

Nothing has changed since the last report, same address, not left the country.  Only two things have happened, renewed my extension and applied for a "certificate of residence".  I hope nothing with either of those IO interactions has messed up the address record so that it no longer matches.  Hopefully it will get approved this time and I won't have to make a trip out to CW to try and get it sorted so it works again.  If it gets rejected again I'll try the app before reverting to manual.

Edited by SooKee

In preparation for (hopefully not) another rejection email I just opened the "IMMe Service" app which I've not used to report before and I notice that, unlike the web online reporting, the app does have a 'TM6 number' question and a 'means of arrival question'.  Given the way things work here, makes me wonder if there's some new staffer going through the applications and, because the online application lacks answers to questions that it doesn't ask, has considered the form incomplete?

If it bounces again I'll give the app a try and see how it goes before doing the in person trek.

I did mine last week using computer and no issues - but I did use the mag glass to enter same information as previous report.  All you should have to enter is your passport number - the icon fills in everything else as it was last time.

Did you stay in a hotel by any chance?  Have seen reports of that TM30 causing an issue recently (it should not).

On 3/12/2023 at 2:34 PM, zombie nights said:

5-10 minutes? You know there's a prefill option don't you? Online TM47 reporting should take less than a minute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

Well that's annoying!  Been using online reporting for 90 day reports since I can't recall when.  This time I noticed I didn't get the 'report due' reminder email I've been getting previously but I did the report anyway (due in 13 days).  Chaeng Wattana (BKK).

Filled the online form in EXACTLY as I have filled it in EVERY time before (I even take screen shots so I remember when / where I used upper / lower case etc.)  and absolutely nothing was different.  Submitted yesterday and I just got a 'Rejected' email giving the reason "Information invalid or incomplete".   I have absolutely no idea why or where they consider the information being "invalid or incomplete" as it was filled in exactly the same as last time.  Very strange.  Just sent off another one with exactly the same information again!  Will see how this one goes.  I even went back and checked the actual reports that the system sends to them comparing the last and previous, nothing different at all.

Nothing has changed since the last report, same address, not left the country.  Only two things have happened, renewed my extension and applied for a "certificate of residence".  I hope nothing with either of those IO interactions has messed up the address record so that it no longer matches.  Hopefully it will get approved this time and I won't have to make a trip out to CW to try and get it sorted so it works again.  If it gets rejected again I'll try the app before reverting to manual.

I had this same message using the Immeservice app, deleted app reinstalled it all was good,also the online portal works OK for m

See my earlier post for this address 

Edited by norbra