Thailand removed from Germany’s list of COVID-19 high risk countries

webfact

What about 2 Sinopharm and 1 Astra booster ? Probably can not.

Until it becomes clearer and easier to travel I will stay put. So will many people. Looks like another Covid uncertainty year ahead. Fear is the best way to keep masses in control. Sadly 

• Like 1

germany has removed thailand but you need a jab thats approved IE the non chinese ones.makes sense .not that anutiin.i hope mre countries adapt this sensible approach but will thailand reciprocate?i hope so.it will be good for them.vaccinated germans with a pcr neg test and NO quarantine r scam insurance.i just had 2 friends go NOOOO to thailand when they read the ins scam deal on the thai webpage.QED i wouldnt come either,open means open not scam on hotel rooms and ins.drop it and people will come as they arnt now.only people i see are ex pats returning mainly thru sandbox with a small %age of bonafide tourists.a lot of older people cant be fussed with more computer nonsense they just want to show their covid jab papers and pcr and get on a plane,screw all the downloading and so on,most people dont have printers scanners etc at their fingertips and money for the scams.plenty of other places that are cheap and not a rip off,turkey....its real cheap right now and not far from germany

• Like 2

The message is partially incorrect. As a vaccinated person, the PCR test is also omitted, unless the airline requires one. People who are vaccinated with Sinovac are considered unvaccinated and must have a PCR test. The quarantine requirement is completely eliminated for non-risk areas. Good news for all people coming back from Thailand.

Screenshot_20211206-104921_Chrome.jpg

Edited by tomacht8

1 minute ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Can't talk about it, of course, but we have to wonder how Germany enforced that quarantine from high-risk countries last week...

In practice it is impossible. Germany has 9 neighboring states and almost all national borders are open due to EU membership. The only thing that can be better controlled are the airports, but such a virus also slips through there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

In practice it is impossible. Germany has 9 neighboring states and almost all national borders are open due to EU membership. The only thing that can be better controlled are the airports, but such a virus also slips through there.

I think you missed his point. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Virt said:

If Thailand tested as much as other European countries, Thailand numbers too would be through the roof.

Try and look at this one and look at tests pr million.

Thailand ranked 145.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Would i prefer to stay in Thailand compared to staying in Europe during this winter?

Hell yeah, but i wouldn't use the current numbers of positives in Thailand as an indication of the reality.

I see Thailand in position 24, well behind multiple European countries......

Daily deaths seem to support the idea Thailand is doing better too.....

I accept 1 mil tests/day the UK is doing is superior, but other metrics indicates they do no better handling Covid because of these tests. 

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

They've got 70,000+ detected cases each day and have time to worry about Thailand ????

Yes but...... as has been said many times before, Germany is TESTING more...therefore is FINDING more....same as UK.

Also, in a vaccinated population, "cases" just aren't that important.

We lucky ones who are vaccinated could easily be tested positive and be completely asymptomatic. 

If, repeat IF everyone was vaccinated we could be passing Covid around and never know or care.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Yes but...... as has been said many times before, Germany is TESTING more...therefore is FINDING more....same as UK.

Also, in a vaccinated population, "cases" just aren't that important.

We lucky ones who are vaccinated could easily be tested positive and be completely asymptomatic. 

If, repeat IF everyone was vaccinated we could be passing Covid around and never know or care.  

My point was more about Germany having more than enough to deal with at home without worrying about Thailand and applying restrictions on those traveling from here just in case a couple of extra cases slip through the net.

Airport restrictions are pretty much pointless when you're at the stage Germany is at, same as the UK and all the other cold countries of Europe.

They're still trying to slow down this new variants arrival, I have a feeling that will end very quickly unless it's found that having both Delta and Omicron circulating at the same time is somehow worse than just an epidemic of Delta, they won't get that data from Africa though.

At this stage I would not assume that Omicron replaces Delta, both of them could well rage on alongside each other for a long time. Can you get infected with both of them at the same time? That's the golden question which nobody seems to have asked publicly at least...

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And no Sino jabs?

That's going to upset a lot of Thais.

Trust me, apart from he officials who had to show the way, the ones who can afford to travel resorted to other vaccines long ago by getting their shots abroad at the right time

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

"Thailand removed from Germany’s list of COVID-19 high risk countries"

Now Thailand needs to put Germany on the "High Risk" list.

"Germany: Incoming minister advises against Christmas travel to stem COVID-19"

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/germany-incoming-minister-advises-against-christmas-travel-stem-covid-19-2359676

You need to know, that the incoming government consists of clowns - one more un-eductated and un-qualified than the other.

The reason on why Germans should not travel is a monetary one: having the highest taxes and duties as well as paying the highest prices for electricity, fuel, .... every cent is urgently needed in Germany to teach the world a lesson in climate saving and inviting all the world to search for their "green" pasture in Germany at the taxpayers expenses.

7 hours ago, Prince77 said:

You need to know, that the incoming government consists of clowns - one more un-eductated and un-qualified than the other.

The reason on why Germans should not travel is a monetary one: having the highest taxes and duties as well as paying the highest prices for electricity, fuel, .... every cent is urgently needed in Germany to teach the world a lesson in climate saving and inviting all the world to search for their "green" pasture in Germany at the taxpayers expenses.

Interesting.

I wonder how long that government will last.

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

My point was more about Germany having more than enough to deal with at home without worrying about Thailand and applying restrictions on those traveling from here just in case a couple of extra cases slip through the net.

Airport restrictions are pretty much pointless when you're at the stage Germany is at, same as the UK and all the other cold countries of Europe.

They're still trying to slow down this new variants arrival, I have a feeling that will end very quickly unless it's found that having both Delta and Omicron circulating at the same time is somehow worse than just an epidemic of Delta, they won't get that data from Africa though.

At this stage I would not assume that Omicron replaces Delta, both of them could well rage on alongside each other for a long time. Can you get infected with both of them at the same time? That's the golden question which nobody seems to have asked publicly at least...

Actually, it appears that question has been asked  publicly Coronavirus: what happens when a person is simultaneously infected with two variants?

The final paragraph says:

"The evidence so far does not suggest that infection with more than one variant leads to more severe disease. And although possible, very few cases of co-infection have been reported."

Also referred to here Covid: Woman aged 90 died with double variant infection  In that link is stated:

"He said more studies were needed to determine whether such infections in any way compromise the efficacy of vaccination, or make for a worse case of Covid-19."

("He" being the Scientist)

I think perhaps that someone aged 90 is not representative (still sad, of course)

But where you say "I have a feeling that will end very quickly...."   I tend to agree with you....(my glass is half-full, too)

• Like 1