Looking for a maniac...............

USEpat

13 hours ago, bbko said:

So the massage lady reported the crime to you instead of the police??  Dollars to doughnuts there's CCTV cameras in the place.

Oh I don't know, many can't even supply a hot shower. I have heard of quite a few cases of these girls getting roughly treated by hung-over bullies. Generally I feel they are honest ladies and undeserving.....

Cameras aren't popular in these places for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

Maniac indeed .

An apology does not suffice . 

The foreigner has committed a criminal offence .

No serious injury sustained by the woman thankfully .

Best way out for the offender is to make a 20000 baht payment to her quickly or the event could escalate into a fine and deportation .

• Like 1

The victim of the attack at the massage shop has been my live-in-partner for four years.  As honest as they come.  She was advised by her colleagues (and my me), to report the incident to the police, but declined so as not to "make trouble" or to affect the reputation of her shop..  I've got to respect her decision. There are no CCTV cameras in the shop.  There are likely CCTV cameras somewhere along 2nd Road that would have caught the guy on tape, but not wanting to involve the police makes that moot.  So far, the perpetrator has not returned to the shop.  The lady hasn't either - pending the swelling to her face and lip going down and likely won't until the New Year.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:07 PM, USEpat said:

There are no CCTV cameras in the shop.

They should at least have one camera showing the people who enter the front door, a massage place can be a risky place to work at times.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:07 PM, USEpat said:

The victim of the attack at the massage shop has been my live-in-partner for four years.  As honest as they come.  She was advised by her colleagues (and my me), to report the incident to the police, but declined so as not to "make trouble" or to affect the reputation of her shop..  I've got to respect her decision. There are no CCTV cameras in the shop.  There are likely CCTV cameras somewhere along 2nd Road that would have caught the guy on tape, but not wanting to involve the police makes that moot.  So far, the perpetrator has not returned to the shop.  The lady hasn't either - pending the swelling to her face and lip going down and likely won't until the New Year.

So sorry for your friends unnecessary pain - what an awful experience... I hope she recovers soon. I am sure this will carry some emotional scars. Take good care of her... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

OP, would you have started a thread if she handed over his money?  

No then the farang would have started a topic. But that is not what has happened.

I guess people like you seem ok with behavior like this. Thinking every Thai is out to scam them and violente is normal.

Have you ever seen topic where someone is admitting how he beat someone up for no good reason ? (perhaps you have as you might visit some strange places).

I mean its always the victim that starts a topic, so what kind of non sense remark was that ?

Guys like that should be locked up in a Thai jail for a while and pay compensation. If i suspect someone of stealing from me im not going to start with violence, maybe that is normal in your circles but not mine. Without proof starting violence (even with proof i don't really see violence as the first solution)

• Like 2