Thai waiters/waitresses spreading Covid19.....

SunsetT

On 1/1/2022 at 6:07 PM, NanLaew said:

Taking that viewpoint onboard, I would be pretty annoyed if I found out the punter in the next seat on the plane trying to strike up conversation with me was an anti-vaxer.

That gives me an idea. If I ever get hassled by some annoying person, I'll tell them I'm an antivaxxer, and they'll leave me alone.

BTW, I'm double vaxxed, not because I wanted to or believe the <deleted>, but because we can't have a life without anymore. Can't even go to the movies without a <deleted> vaccine passport- it's not as though being double jabbed is going to stop me becoming infected.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 6:13 PM, NanLaew said:

In the grand scheme of things, that's still a considerable amount of sick people and dead bodies, no? Just because you, like myself,** don't know anyone personally who has tested positive, got sick or died from it.

What %age of the global sick and the dead would you suggest is a more meaningful indicator of the risk?

** Just got a WhatsApp message from my mate in the UK, tested positive on New Year's Eve.

About 20 million died in WW2, but they didn't consider that sufficient numbers to ban war.

People die, always have and always will, from a myriad of causes, and sooner we accept covid is just another unpleasant part of life the sooner we can stop destroying people's livelihoods and get back to having lives.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/13/2021 at 12:17 AM, connda said:

Fearful people should simply avoid restaurants if the wait staff makes them feel uncomfortable.  And if they go to a restaurant by vehicle, they should factor in the dangers of driving on Thai roads where over 12,000 have died on the road and countless tens of thousands injured.  It's best to stay safely at home, masked.

Even better, in a home sealed from the outside with only virus filtered air, and all deliveries sterilised.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 10:33 PM, LukKrueng said:

Tell that to the people of Tonga who managed to stay with 0 covid cases until a fully vaxed New Zealander came for a visit and managed to bring the delta variant with him

and the people of NZ that had managed to avoid major infection outbreaks till someone thought it a good idea to allow Australians to visit without quarantine.

On 12/12/2021 at 8:50 PM, LukKrueng said:

Yes, from the 0.29% (total active cases around the world) to what? 0.27% (at 95% protection as claimed by some vaccine manufacturers)?

As someone already mentioned above - wrap yourself in cotton and plastic bag and house under the bed. That'll give 100% protection from everything (sickness, accidents, bad marriage, crimes against you - you name it) 

Actually hiding under the bed may not be safe if a large block of ice from a passing plane picks that bed to hit ????

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I hoping enough people will die so that houses in my home country are more affordable to me.

0.1% down, another 49.9% should do the trick.

There’s just the problem of you personally avoiding being one of the dying.

On that score, vaccination is your best bet.

• Haha 1

Very recently a young woman my son went through high school with was killed on a camping trip when a tree fell on her tent. The existentialists were right: life is absurd but we have to make a decision to live.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Enzian said:

Very recently a young woman my son went through high school with was killed on a camping trip when a tree fell on her tent. The existentialists were right: life is absurd but we have to make a decision to live.

But in the moment of being killed by that tree, the woman didn’t infect anyone else with being squashed by a tree.

Random accidents tell us nothing about pandemics.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s just the problem of you personally avoiding being one of the dying.

On that score, vaccination is your best bet.

Was vaccinated months back, just to get easy movement.

Now they don't count the vaccine, so I wasted my time and risked my health for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My only thought about the OP is that some people must live their lives in fear. If it isn't toxic waiters, there must be hundreds of other ways to die early to be scared of.

Why do so many jump to conclusions? Read my opening post. Who said anything about fear? I sit, eat, and drink and enjoy watching the Thai world go by. Im not afraid of Covid or death. Im ready to die anytime that my number is up. I dont spend hours staring at a phone mindlessly filling my head with anything and everything rather than actually observing and THINKING about what is going on around me. I was just sitting, drinking and contemplating this Covid circus and watching the waiters and waitresses flitting from table to table filling glasses, and shared my thoughts on this.

On 12/11/2021 at 2:01 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I always find those sauce bottles dirty and disgusting to touch along with salt n pepper shakers etc,after touching you put your hand up to your face etc

As for waters giving you covid by filling up your glass ,less likely if they are vaccinated and you and them are wearing masks ,you sound a bit paranoid ,maybe stop going and you will zero chance if you dont go to restaurants.

Just as a humorous aside, I once shook a ketchup bottle in a Thai restaurant before pouring it, as you do, and the top came off and showered me and the table in tomato sauce. After eating, as the restaurant was deserted, out of curiosity, I went around the other 8 or so tables to check the other ketchup bottle tops. Every one of them was loose!

always check the top before shaking...555.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Was vaccinated months back, just to get easy movement.

Now they don't count the vaccine, so I wasted my time and risked my health for nothing.

Ditto. I got vaxxed just to get the passport so I could go to movies etc. According to everything I've read it won't make any difference whatsoever as to getting infected myself.

At least I didn't have to take that pfizer though. I know people that had severe reactions to pfizer, some even have long term problems after having pfizer jab.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Why do so many jump to conclusions? Read my opening post. Who said anything about fear? I sit, eat, and drink and enjoy watching the Thai world go by. Im not afraid of Covid or death. Im ready to die anytime that my number is up. I dont spend hours staring at a phone mindlessly filling my head with anything and everything rather than actually observing and THINKING about what is going on around me. I was just sitting, drinking and contemplating this Covid circus and watching the waiters and waitresses flitting from table to table filling glasses, and shared my thoughts on this.

You could have made that plain in the OP then. I could only go by what you wrote and IMO it came across as being fearful.

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That's interesting. In NZ it;'s all about the vaccine. If one doesn't have it one is restricted in what one can do eg go to the movies.

The day I got my vaccine passport it was like getting my life back.

Had it not been for the change from the "team of 5 million" ie we are all in this together, to the attempt to paint the non vaccinated as "naughty people" that have to be segregated, I'd probably not have bothered.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We've only got 5 million in the entire country. Of course it's a small number.

OK. Let’s look at deaths per million inhabitants:

New Zealand =3.7

Thailand = 304

USA = 2,418

UK = 2,184

Singapore = 139

Sweden = 1,476

New Zealand are doing something right. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's interesting. In NZ it;'s all about the vaccine. If one doesn't have it one is restricted in what one can do eg go to the movies.

The day I got my vaccine passport it was like getting my life back.

Had it not been for the change from the "team of 5 million" ie we are all in this together, to the attempt to paint the non vaccinated as "naughty people" that have to be segregated, I'd probably not have bothered.

But you did bother, you got the vaccine and then spent months supporting anti-vaccine messaging.

Ditto. I got vaxxed just to get the passport so I could go to movies etc. According to everything I've read it won't make any difference whatsoever as to getting infected myself.

At least I didn't have to take that pfizer though. I know people that had severe reactions to pfizer, some even have long term problems after having pfizer jab.

69 yrs old.......Had Pfizer booster 2 days ago....No side effects whatsoever.

• Like 1

You could have made that plain in the OP then. I could only go by what you wrote and IMO it came across as being fearful.

"It has just occurred to me (im a bit slow) that the Thai cultural norm of having waiters and waitresses flitting from restaurant/bar table to table filling and topping up customers' glasses must potentially spread the virus between tables and customers. Im surprised that it has not been banned."

Plainly stated observation only! No fear or paranoia. I dont even say that it should be banned just surprised that the Govt. has not.

Quite interesting how the brain so often jumps to conclusions seeing only what it wants to believe.

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

"It has just occurred to me (im a bit slow) that the Thai cultural norm of having waiters and waitresses flitting from restaurant/bar table to table filling and topping up customers' glasses must potentially spread the virus between tables and customers. Im surprised that it has not been banned."

Plainly stated observation only! No fear or paranoia. I dont even say that it should be banned just surprised that the Govt. has not.

Quite interesting how the brain so often jumps to conclusions seeing only what it wants to believe.

IMO "Im surprised that it has not been banned." implies a desire for it to be banned. Your opinion may differ, but I think we can leave it there, as I'm not going to change my mind, and I guess you won't either.

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

OK. Let’s look at deaths per million inhabitants:

New Zealand =3.7

Thailand = 304

USA = 2,418

UK = 2,184

Singapore = 139

Sweden = 1,476

New Zealand are doing something right. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

If they can't keep it out of an island nation far far away from everywhere else they'd have to be incompetent, and guess what, they didn't. That there is any community infection is, IMO a scandal. It should all have been caught at the border in quarantine, and was, till some <deleted> thought it was a good idea to allow Australians to enter without quarantine and wander all over the country.

You may think they are doing something right, but I'll chance a guess that you don't actually live in NZ.