Is it really SHA Plus hotels are so expensive?

4500THB for 7 days in this traditional high season period is a steal.  Ok, it is still pandemic period but is still reasonable.  The 4000THB I presume is for airport transfer and PRC test which is also reasonable.  PCR test varies from 2500THB to 4000THB.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, anyone said:

days is about 4500 baht + 4000 baht for airport, tests? (found at Agoda under special filter).

Why are you asking if its expensive.... that is outrageously cheap for 7 nights, so cheap that something is quite possibly wrong with the pricing. 

Are you looking for 1 night Test & Go in Bangkok, or 7 nights Sandbox (where ?) ?

7 hours ago, anyone said:

I will return back to Thailand from a non-privileged country, so I have to spend 7 days in quarantine in Bangkok, although I have 2 jabs given in Medpark...

Understood.... So it is the ‘Bangkok Sandbox’ that you are applying for. 

Question: Are the rules of the Bangkok Sandbox the same as the Phuket Sandbox ???

i.e. IF travelling to Bangkok, vaccinated but not from one of the 63 ‘green’ countries and using a Bangkok AQ or SHA Extra Plus hotel can the ’Sandboxee' leave the hotel to travel around Bangkok OR does the ‘Bkk Sandboxee' have to remain in the hotel grounds, or even in the hotel room ???

i.e. In Phuket the ‘Sandboxee’ is free to roam the Island for 7 days, is this the case in Bangkok or are there limits and what are they ?

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Question: Are the rules of the Bangkok Sandbox the same as the Phuket Sandbox ???

As far as I know they are all the same as Phuket.

But not sure how it could be done at all  them they are calling sandbox/blue zones.

Edit: Found this on a embassy website.

"Sandbox Programme:  You can travel freely in the Sandbox area for the duration of 7 days if the RT-PCR test conducted on your day of arrival is negative (can stay in the province that your hotel is located only, travelling across different Sandbox areas is not permitted). Once you have completed your 7-day mandatory stay at SHA+ hotel within the Sandbox area, you can travel to any destination in Thailand."

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

As far as I know they are all the same as Phuket.

But not sure how it could be done at some the them they are calling blue zones.

Thus, if I were to travel in from Ukraine, I’d have to stay at an SHA++ hotel in Bangkok for a week, but could be free to walk around Bangkok in the day time ????? visit my Wife and Son in our home in Bangkok etc... 

I recall reading a thread a few weeks back where one poster was particularly angry that he was ’Sandboxing’ in Pattaya and was told he was unable to leave his hotel grounds - hence my confusion and question. 

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thus, if I were to travel in from Ukraine, I’d have to stay at an SHA++ hotel in Bangkok for a week, but could be free to walk around Bangkok in the day time ????? visit my Wife and Son in our home in Bangkok etc... 

I did an edit of my post while you were doing your post.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Edit: Found this on a embassy website.

"Sandbox Programme:  You can travel freely in the Sandbox area for the duration of 7 days if the RT-PCR test conducted on your day of arrival is negative (can stay in the province that your hotel is located only, travelling across different Sandbox areas is not permitted). Once you have completed your 7-day mandatory stay at SHA+ hotel within the Sandbox area, you can travel to any destination in Thailand."

I think it answers your question.

• Like 1

On Agoda,

I came back last week and booked through agoda. It can be a little confusing. You search for Quarantine hotels and it shows you very low prices per night. Such as $39.

Then when you hit the button to reserve a room the true cost is displayed. It can be a huge difference such as $59 to $195!

You won't get the real price until you hit the reserve button.

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why are you asking if its expensive.... that is outrageously cheap for 7 nights, so cheap that something is quite possibly wrong with the pricing. 

Are you looking for 1 night Test & Go in Bangkok, or 7 nights Sandbox (where ?) ?

Ide say the same, I paid 3800baht for one night & that was the cheapest I could find, it did include pick up & pcr test.....

On 12/12/2021 at 10:10 AM, anyone said:

7 days is about 4500 baht...

That's a bargain, only 643 bah per day...????

Many people would pay 4,500 baht per day - at least where I live in Thailand - but then breakfast for two will normally also be included...????