Back to UK

8 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

From my experience last week (may stand corrected) You need to do the locator form. 

If you are fully vaccinated you need to do a PCR test (not antigen) 72 hours before travel. You also have to PRE BOOK a test 48 hours after you arrive back in the UK, which you then have to do. 

Rules are different if you aren't fully vaccinated. 

They will not allow you to board the plane if you don't have your PCR test and the test pre booked when in the UK - they actively check them. 

There  is a bit more to it as they published the actual rules. I travelled back on  8th

PCR test in thailand not more than 2  days before departure ( the 72 hours is not the criteria)

On arrival in uk you must prebook and take the PCR test within 2 days.
You can do the PCR test the day you land.  I did it the day after.

They want to see the passenger locator form at check in, and at transit cities. it was not like that earlier.

Make sure you have the paperwork with you and easy to see.

PCR test passed before departure.

Full Vaccination certificate / proof.

PCR test on UK arrival booked.

Passenger Locator form. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2021 at 6:22 AM, DonniePeverley said:

you need to do a PCR test (not antigen) 72 hours before travel.

Thanks are you 100% sure though , an official  link will be helpful 72 hours is much better for me.

I thought it was 48 but perhaps am thinking of the pre paid UK PCR after arrival ? 

I read these are posted to your address, so do you self test and film /post the result?

I would like to know any recommended test services postal. I looked online and many of these are drive through. Epsom area but I thought you are supposed to stay in until tested negative.

Sorry but I find it all very confusing.

I assume you need paper copies of all at the boarding gates/check in or will Q Codes suffice or UK?

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Robin said:

lateral flow test after arrival OK?

is that a ATK test?

If so can i buy an ATK test kit in Bangkok before departure and show tat at arrival.  Would be far easier than booking test in UK

no you need  UK ref to add to locator form