16 January re-opening, what bars will be open

aussiexpat

21 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I don't want to go off topic but the fear in your post made me quote something.

"Has anyone died of Omicron variant?

No, as it currently stands no-one has died as a result of the Omicron variant."

So not a single person in the entire World has died of, or even with the Omicron varient....why so scared?

https://www.goodto.com/wellbeing/health/symptoms-omicron-variant-anyone-died-639120

According to the BBC news one person has died from Omicron in the UK yesterday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-59637421

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Oh no, one person out of all the billions in the World...even Aids killing movie stars in the 80's didn't get this much attention 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Oh no, one person out of all the billions in the World...even Aids killing movie stars in the 80's didn't get this much attention 

Possibly the first of many but nobody really knows for sure.

Yet.

59 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

He simply answered a question without drama. You could learn....

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Let's put that in perspective ... using the dated chart below.

Using 2017's #s, and to be fair, let's round way down, for easy math, and hoping they made some progress since. 

Instead of 578k a year, lets's go with 365k a year 'on average', so 1000 a day, on average ... Children under 5 yrs old died of 'diarrhea disease' ... yesterday.  Same will die today, and tomorrow, and have died every day this year, and probably next.

Did they get a headliner today, this week, this month, this year, this decade, this century ... hmm

No profits in providing the basics of clean water to drink & very basic meds & vaccines.

Did you even know that many children under 5 yrs old die every day, of something so preventable or treatable.

.... hmm, oh well, enough intelligent thinking, carry on with the hysteria, and the most importantly ... can I get a drink a bar ... ????

Top forum topics; covid, vaccine, alcohol

under 5.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mentors65 said:

I hear beer bars can OPEN with begin of tomorrow. 11am to 2.p.m. 5.pm. to 11.pm.

I can see some beer bars are open right now. 

????

Do you have anything to back up what you hear?

If not, then it is only a rumour. They may well be open locally, but whether it is legal or not depends on the government and the national/local police force. From what I understand brown envelopes are still around, but if the PM does not want it to happen, then most probably it won't happen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Not in Pattaya. Only SHA approved restaurants.

No. Open Air beer bars too.

As a bar owner told me today afternoon.

Some bars in Jomtien open up already.

I can see it with my own eyes.

No idea whats suddenly going on

Edited by Mentors65
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mentors65 said:

I hear beer bars can OPEN with begin of tomorrow. 11am to 2.p.m. 5.pm. to 11.pm.

I can see some beer bars are open right now. 

Not happening now, or immediate future.  Y'all need to read the not so fine print of the order;

"The sale of alcohol is handiest approved in eating places, and handiest in the ones eating places which can be inside the Blue Zone and who’ve obviously displayed SHA certification for Covid-19 protection.

However nightclubs, bars, pubs, karaoke, gents’s golf equipment and all different nightlife venues will nonetheless stay closed till additional understand."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not happening now, or immediate future.  Y'all need to read the not so fine print of the order;

"The sale of alcohol is handiest approved in eating places, and handiest in the ones eating places which can be inside the Blue Zone and who’ve obviously displayed SHA certification for Covid-19 protection.

However nightclubs, bars, pubs, karaoke, gents’s golf equipment and all different nightlife venues will nonetheless stay closed till additional understand."

A few beer bars opened up today afternoon at 5.p.m. already. 

Bit strange, i know.

I go for a look again right now.

13 minutes ago, Mentors65 said:

A few beer bars opened up today afternoon at 5.p.m. already. 

Bit strange, i know.

I go for a look again right now.

Again, some beer bars open already.

Official with begin of tomorrow.

If you don't believe, take a look by yourself

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 12:36 PM, aussiexpat said:

So far I know Irish Rovers is open for my usual breaky and a couple of beer starters.

You drink beer with your breakfast...................Thank God you didn't get here before the 16th........:w00t:

• Haha 1

All bars in Pattaya can open from tomorrow; no restaurant licences required, no go-gos or nightclubs can open yet. 

Those bars that have already opened today have jumped the gun a bit.

YT and social media is awash with this news. ????????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Put it this way. If the Thai farce pass and bars are not open in January at some point then they can write off 14 million tourists next year and any hope if a recovery in tourism at all in 2022.

Most people do not suddenly decide to go to Thailand for a holiday - they look at the beginning of the year after xmas, they plan ahead. 

What they wont do is consider a destination that they need a qualification to get a pass from, quarantine with risky hospital and after release not being able to have a beer !

And if the Chinese don;t come - which they wont - it means far more people from countries other than China are needed , which Thailand will probably block entry to and destroy the industry even more.

Vaccinate, mask up, clean your hands and have a beer !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, champers said:

All bars in Pattaya can open from tomorrow; no restaurant licences required, no go-gos or nightclubs can open yet. 

Those bars that have already opened today have jumped the gun a bit.

YT and social media is awash with this news. ????????????

While certainly hope you are correct with this inside info, but can you provide a link to a credible source? Some official news or government source? I haven't found anything of the sort, anywhere. Generic YT and SM posts are hardly reliable sources of accurate info. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

While certainly hope you are correct with this inside info, but can you provide a link to a credible source? Some official news or government source? I haven't found anything of the sort, anywhere. Generic YT and SM posts are hardly reliable sources of accurate info. 

Live footage from vloggers last night showed bars open all along Soi Buakhao and on several side sois including LK Metro. Official confirmation is expected today.

Edited by champers