Eight Omicron cases confirmed in Thailand so far, three others await confirmation

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, Khabib said:

Why are boosters so desperately needed, if the first two haven't achieved anything in terms of omicron.

In the UK, there seems to be scientific evidence provided by Astra Zeneca that a third booster jab does reduce the infection effects more so than just relying on the first two jabs. 

In which case, should the 'mild effects' of Omicron infection - if replicated as in S Africa - be even milder, it is a good probability that UK hospitals won't be overwhelmed.

It's a shame that the UK doesn't also explain to the population that boosting up Vit D3 and Zinc supplements as well as booster jabs is beneficial to health. This statement has been scientifically peer-reviewed in Israel as being accurate. It is NOT misleading.

2 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

In the UK, there seems to be scientific evidence provided by Astra Zeneca that a third booster jab does reduce the infection effects more so than just relying on the first two jabs. 

In which case, should the 'mild effects' of Omicron infection - if replicated as in S Africa - be even milder, it is a good probability that UK hospitals won't be overwhelmed.

It's a shame that the UK doesn't also explain to the population that boosting up Vit D3 and Zinc supplements as well as booster jabs is beneficial to health. This statement has been scientifically peer-reviewed in Israel as being accurate. It is NOT misleading.

Well, a vaccine company talking up the effectiveness of more vaccines probably isn't a huge shocker.

Maybe 3 is better than 2. Maybe 10 is better than 9. But neither statement is enough to justify another lockdown due to a new, milder variant.

Agree on the vitamin supplements though. I take a Centrum most days. Weight loss is also effective.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

JP Morgan is predicting this is the end of the epidemic.  I believe it may be too.  

Of course we could all die but who cares, we're either going to go tomorrow or in 10, 20, 30 years so who cares?  

I think JP Morgan might be right. I also think that is why governments are hyping up Omicron as being worse than it is. They need a few more months to get through their various policies and agendas.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

JP Morgan is predicting this is the end of the epidemic.  I believe it may be too.  

Of course we could all die but who cares, we're either going to go tomorrow or in 10, 20, 30 years so who cares?  

Contrarian Doctors: The Pandemic is Over, Again

I can’t help but wonder if one of the reasons the pandemic isn’t over yet, is because contrarian doctors repeatedly said it was.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-pandemic-is-over-again/

Article by the South African doctor who was the first to identify Omicron in SA. Although her comments are directed at the UK, they can apply in other countries too, including Thailand:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10306211/DR-ANGELIQUE-COETZEE-alerted-wider-world-Omicron-believe-Britain-overreacting.html

Edited by silver sea
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No evidence for that happening. Omicron has mild symptoms that requires a low % of people to need hospitalization.

If they start getting swamped, review it at that point in time. Don't lock down when things are perfectly manageable. The restrictions would cause more harm than good if it's done too early. The "cure" would cause more harm than the disease. The sky isn't falling just because a new, mild variant has been found.

Like I said, if you're scared then you are free to lock yourself down. The rest of us are happy to get on with our lives taking whatever precautions we deem necessary.

If Omicron is putting people in the hospital in large numbers, you want to lock the barn door after the horses have departed. Good thinking.

We will know how bad Omicron is in a couple of weeks. If its bad, then we need to lock down early, not late.

Edited by Danderman123

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

If Omicron is putting people in the hospital in large numbers, you want to lock the barn door after the horses have departed. Good thinking.

We will know how bad Omicron is in a couple of weeks. If its bad, then we need to lock down early, not late.

The omicron horse bolted the barn door, before it ever had a mention in the news imo.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

You might like authoritarian governments that use scare stories to deny liberty and freedom, but don't assume everyone does.

What would make you think I like it.... that is ad hominem.

I just don't stomp my  feet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I'm saying let's wait and see if the number of hospitalizations rise. I don't believe they will.

Not just lock everyone in their homes, destroying businesses, education, mental health and then find out it was all for no reason.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

What would make you think I like it.... that is ad hominem.

I just don't stomp my  feet.

Because you call for ever more tightening of restrictions and lockdowns at the mere mention of a new, milder variant.

So the logical conclusion to draw from this is that individual liberty, freedom and personal choice are not particularly important to you.

image.png.67475bfd7baa6c6b4d920031c9a9d8cc.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

And yet they haven't. I wonder why? It's a real tough one to work out, I'm literally scratching my chin

Who knows with BJ... I suspect to herd people to the vaccination lines, since  AZ is cited to be ineffective with just 2 jabs against omicron.

26 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Because you call for ever more tightening of restrictions and lockdowns at the mere mention of a new, milder variant.

So the logical conclusion to draw from this is that individual liberty, freedom and personal choice are not particularly important to you.

image.png.67475bfd7baa6c6b4d920031c9a9d8cc.png

Yes, we'll soon be being told the o2 variant has come along, and is infecting everyone. Best lock down 555

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well 29 minutes ago you were criticizing the decision to allow people to travel. Doesn't sound like a great supporter of individual freedoms to me.

image.png.1a50269fa2396ef730bdf3f7c3bd93d4.png

That is not 'ever more tightening of restrictions and lockdowns at the mere mention of a new, milder variant'..... is it? Nor did I say that was my opinion... more my expectation. But carry on dancing and stomping.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That is not 'ever more tightening of restrictions and lockdowns at the mere mention of a new, milder variant'..... is it? Nor did I say that was my opinion... more my expectation. But carry on dancing and stomping.

The bangles, "walk like an Egyptian" 55

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

The Astra Zeneca two jabs have been deemed to be quite hopless against omicron. So are they saying, it takes three to tango.

3 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Looking a head of the curve, South Africa has a low Delta rate. Europe a high potent Delta rate. Having now seeded Europe with Omicron and allowing it to mix naturally with Delta in the population, I wonder where we go next?

With even basic knowledge of this pandemic, we now have a clear insight into just how easily and terrifying a cultured biological weapon could potentially permeate the world in weeks. A Hollywood movie would be nothing on that event.

... and we still believe this was a some unfortunate incident meat market incident between a bat and vendor.....      

Have to agree what you say . Two years of the pandemic and still no official clarification of where the virus came from ,