Thailand to speed up vaccine booster shots

webfact

22 minutes ago, EricTh said:

UK just reported its first death by Omicr and also many hospitalization cases so it's not mild as earlier reported

Shhh, the jury is still out on this. We await details of the victim. Situation will become clearer soon, but reports from S. Africa still go along with  mild symptoms still.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yep... why not wait and see. A death is a loss any way.

Yes, it's a loss, but it's being used to help justify more controls.  Surely we should be told if it was someone who tested +ve for Omicron, but died of something else, or someone killed by Omicron?  These are very different things.  Being suspicious, I think it's the first one, if he'd died of Covid, it would be all over the news, in detail.

13 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Yes, it's a loss, but it's being used to help justify more controls.  Surely we should be told if it was someone who tested +ve for Omicron, but died of something else, or someone killed by Omicron?  These are very different things.  Being suspicious, I think it's the first one, if he'd died of Covid, it would be all over the news, in detail.

Can't you wait a day or two for the details.... don't get all in a lather looking for gremlins.

11 hours ago, phetphet said:

I've not seen much information regarding foreigners getting a booster shot here.

A push to get the non vaccinated to come forward, and a push to get Thais who were double vaccinated with Sinovac to have a Pfizer booster. But nothing for foreigners.

Having had my second AZ at the end of September, my recommended time to get one is around end of March (six months)

it's been brought forward to 3 months I believe both in Europe and here. I might start a thread on it to get more information.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The AIS front-end registration site for MoPH vaccinations has limited booster shot registrations for farangs.... as follows:

• For Thais, aliens, and foreigners as follows.
  • 1) Age 18 and above
    •  Group 1: Never been vaccinated: get Dose 1 + Dose 2
    •  Group 2: Completed 2 doses of Sinovac / Sinopharm: get Dose 3

•  Group 3: Completed 2 doses of AZ within 31 Jul 21: get Dose 3

So, it appears to be saying, a farang who's gotten two original AZ doses can register with them for a third booster dose, but ONLY right now if they've gotten their 2nd AZ dose no later than July 31.

https://vaccineforthais.ais.th/Reserve/Login

If they're really going to adopt a three months after booster shot policy for double AZ recipients, they need to move back that July 31 eligibility cutoff date.... to at least September for right now.

They should. Maybe they don't have the supply.

12 hours ago, phetphet said:

I've not seen much information regarding foreigners getting a booster shot here.

A push to get the non vaccinated to come forward, and a push to get Thais who were double vaccinated with Sinovac to have a Pfizer booster. But nothing for foreigners.

Having had my second AZ at the end of September, my recommended time to get one is around end of March (six months)

Me too but the suggestion has changed to three months.

Without a boost both of us are very likely to be infected with Omicron.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Well if The Daily Mail is doing it, it must be serious. Personally I think a bit more data than a single case should be considered. 

12 hours ago, darrendsd said:

The Thais first for jabs is complete and utter rubbish spouted by the they all hate us brigade so stop talking nonsense, farangs have been well looked after with regards to Covid Jabs

Really, what choices did you have, Sinovac ?

As far as I can remember it was Thai's first, lots of people reporting that they were turned away when they went to get vaccinated, yes there were some that got looked after, i.e. those who were accepted and wanted to get Sinovac, to be honest I was offered AZ in June, there was a lot of back peddling by the Thai's about it was all a miscommunication, but knocked it back for other reasons, not because they offered it to me.

The above said, if I recall correctly a heck of a lot of expats receive Pfizer from a US donation, if memory serves me it was something like 3/4 of a million doses ?

No one is suggesting they hate us, but I will point out one thing, if you can kindly remove your blinkers, do I consider Thailand to be a multicultural country like, for example, the UK, USA, AUS ?

Only 200 Citizenships per year.

No permanent residency/spouse visa's, only annual extensions.

Now why do you think that is, when the 3 countries I mentioned above willing provide Citizenships and permanent residency/spouse visa's for those who apply, without limitations of course.

Knock yourself out, the floor is yours.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, darrendsd said:

The Thais first for jabs is complete and utter rubbish spouted by the they all hate us brigade so stop talking nonsense, farangs have been well looked after with regards to Covid Jabs

Have to agree from a personal viewpoint, had my first Pfizer jab in the UK way back in Feb, when my doctor here found out arranged for a Pfizer jab early Nov, recently asked why had not gone back for the 2nd dose, said already had 2, not what she wanted arranged 3rd Pfizer shot on 28th this month, a bit spread out, but I reckon made it this far ok not worried 

My wife on the other hand paid for moderna is one jabbed with second in new year 

Walked into Bang Sue station today for a Booster, no appointment, I had 2 AstraZeneca back in Oz right on 6 months ago, I wanted moderna, the first counter I was directed to said moderna is not available but Pfizer is, at my insistence they sent me to another section, once again I got the message that Pfizer was my only choice, after further explanation and insistence I was directed to a third section and there I got my first dose of moderna, they scheduled an appointment mid January for my second shot, just a little advise for anyone that has not been there before, go with someone who speaks Thai, there are q's everywhere and quite chaotic, I would have been totally lost without .

34 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Walked into Bang Sue station today for a Booster, no appointment, I had 2 AstraZeneca back in Oz right on 6 months ago, I wanted moderna, the first counter I was directed to said moderna is not available but Pfizer is, at my insistence they sent me to another section, once again I got the message that Pfizer was my only choice, after further explanation and insistence I was directed to a third section and there I got my first dose of moderna, they scheduled an appointment mid January for my second shot, just a little advise for anyone that has not been there before, go with someone who speaks Thai, there are q's everywhere and quite chaotic, I would have been totally lost without .

Why are you getting two Modernas? You already had 2 AZ. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 7:01 AM, lemonjelly said:

I just rocked up at local walk-in  vax point, received 3rd shot no problem. 

This totally ad hoc issue of vaccines/boosters is worrying

Rayong is issuing them

Bang Sue is doing similar but only for those originally injected there

Meanwhile Vaccinated with SIN july AZ August in PKK

Visited Prachuap general hospital today no vaccines no injection's and no one knows anything about boosters

Initially they were excellent but today was a wasteland there seemed like all vaccine staff and vaccines had gone

Remaining staff just shrugged their shoulders even covid information desk was closed seemed nobody know anything there today

• Sad 2

On 12/16/2021 at 8:39 AM, Polaky said:

I asked the same question as I thought a Booster is one, they insisted that I need 2.

Probably because, you indicated here you had your original two shots outside of Thailand.

And the records they use here inside Thailand only reflect the injections done here. So as far as the Thai MoPH records system linked to your passport number was concerned, you were getting your first shot.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Probably because, you indicated here you had your original two shots outside of Thailand.

And the records they use here inside Thailand only reflect the injections done here. So as far as the Thai MoPH records system linked to your passport number was concerned, you were getting your first shot.

Your probably right and i should not return for another, going by the following table....

17-10-29-new-guideline-moderna03122021-eng.png