How or where in Bangkok to get a Pfizer booster shot after getting 2 free ones in MedPark Hospital?

cliveshep

14 hours ago, fdsa said:

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Does anyone know for sure where to get a first Pfizer shot?

Goto your Local Hospital, even our Local Hospital (not a big town) has walk-in vaccine days with Pfizer. And else go to the Big Hospital in your nearest big town and get it there.

4 hours ago, MJCM said:

Goto your Local Hospital, even our Local Hospital (not a big town) has walk-in vaccine days with Pfizer. And else go to the Big Hospital in your nearest big town and get it there.

Hospitals in our big and "frontier" town (Phuket) offered me only Sinovac and Astrazeneca as a first shot, Pfizer is available only as a second or third shot.

i.e. Pfizer+Pfizer combination is extremely rare while Sinovac+Pfizer or Astra+Pfizer is freely available, but I'd like the first one rather than the others.

Edited by fdsa

On 12/14/2021 at 1:01 PM, ThLT said:

Pfizer boosters are not the same as the normal shots (half dose). There aren't any in Thailand yet, from what I know.

Was in the news that they have been ordered and should be produced and arrive by first quarter of 2022. Look it up on Bangkok Post.

My son got a free Pfizer booster last Sunday at Bang Sue station after previously receiving 2 × sinopharm. A foreigner can probably get a booster there if they use the 13 digit Thai code they were given with their original shots. 

On 12/14/2021 at 1:01 PM, ThLT said:

Pfizer boosters are not the same as the normal shots (half dose). There aren't any in Thailand yet, from what I know.

Was in the news that they have been ordered and should be produced and arrive by first quarter of 2022. Look it up on Bangkok Post.

Only by Moderna 50%. Pfizer has 30ml, Moderna 100ml, reduced to 50ml for the booster. Unsure if Thailand knows:).

Moderna boosters have a 10% advantage as a booster (source: Sweden, Lancet etc.) on basis of 2 Pfizer shots before. Point is:

a) Allowed in Thailand after 3,4 months after 2nd shots? (I think yes)

and

b) Moderna boosters are reduced by 50% (100ml to 50ml) according to Intern. standard. Possible in T.? What happens with the remaining 50%?

I had two jabs of astra, the second one on 1st Sept.   Yesterday I had two options to get a Pfizer booster, one at MedPark, Bangkok and then found that Hua Hin hospital where doing walk in Pfizer boosters yesterday at Bluport shopping mall.   They where a bit hesitant at first because I was only just over 3 months since my second Astra, but I got the booster.  The Hua Hin process flowed really well.    

I cant believe how many people paid for Moderna in advance..............oh hang on.........yes I can......

fool easily parted from money is a phrase that comes to mind.

Study info from SA and Pfizer and you will learn that you do not need a booser.

The 2 jabs work well enough.

On 12/14/2021 at 3:44 AM, cliveshep said:

Bloody Hell - that was quick. Thank you for that. Looks like one has to wait until 6 months are up before getting the booster so 3 more months to go!

But I think that is an American site? Correct? I'm in Thailand, Bangkok. Sorry, perhaps my throw away comment about emigrating to the US confused things.

The 3 months is What the UK Government were saying, the Thai Government say very little that is not subject to change 3 or 4 hours after they say it.

In the UK for the Pfizer 3rd shot it is 6 months, (or it was up to last month).

They do not at all advocate mixing type of vaccines.

I hope you are successful.

I think it was an article the other day on Asean blowing smoke up everyone behind again that for the Omicron they suggested shortening the waiting period to 3 months since I believe Pfizer? article suggested or claim a booster will help fight Omicron?

The problem as the ops noted where are you going to get it? is there any left for the donation of 3.5 million doses, the first million portion was set aside for expats which I myself got two then there is the donation headed by Senator Duckworth, 2.5?  story a month or two back Thai said they didn't get the request since the communication was worked out it was supposed to have arrived on arrived this month? 

Then lets not forget the 1 million doses Moderna that arrived 1st of November that another million Moderna donated by the U.S. again there was a problem with the request but it was iron out. I know my brother who paid in June/July to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for his wife and step daughter got their first shot of Moderna end of November.  I ended up paying for 3 people the Moderna in September second sign up the wife called and then said maybe next year? 

Edited by thailand49

since the government control the import and distribution of vaccines ,  booster shots are currently available after 6 months from the 2nd jab !  This is the policy at present because the unstated fact is they don't have enough vaccines although may change , hopefully in the near future .

I bought a single shot of Moderna at Bumrungrad on September 2 but am not able to book a date for it.  The hospital says that they don't know when they will receive it from the GPO.   i have not been successful in getting a shot from Bum yet and had to get my first two AZ shots at Bang Sue.  I'm not confident that I will be able to get the Moderna shot from them even though I've paid for it and have a voucher.  Has any farang been successful getting a shot at Bumrungrad?

16 hours ago, nickmondo said:

I cant believe how many people paid for Moderna in advance..............oh hang on.........yes I can......

fool easily parted from money is a phrase that comes to mind.

Study info from SA and Pfizer and you will learn that you do not need a booser.

The 2 jabs work well enough.

Nonsense

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2021 at 10:32 AM, cliveshep said:

Title says it all. Expat gets 2 free Pfizer shots in MedPark Hospital Khlong Toei courtesy of the US donation for that purpose (amazingly not diverted for their own personal use by the Government) but now all the media suggest that after 3 months, which it now is, a booster is required.

Has anyone contacted MedPark?

I was going to wait until early January before doing so. I think many of us are looking at a 6-month date of late Feb early-Mar?

While Pfizer 1X is available now as a booster for sinostuff/AZ, it is not, AFAIK, available for Pfizer 2X, yet.

as i am reading news about mine 

i have seen that pfizer does not protect you from 30 percent  omicrom  but it will decrease the severity of virus 

damn cant remember the 80 percent one .. moderna ?

ck it out 

And as of today, the government has opened Pfizer booster shot registrations for Thais and foreigners alike via the three major mobile providers websites....

For people who had various combos of two original shots at least three months prior, and are able/willing to make it to the Central Vaccination Center at Bang Sue Grand Station in BKK.

Screenshot_3.jpg.3afe9f8d5a47beb4c2b5c4cb36e1dd3c.jpg

https://www.ais.th/vaccinesforthais/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I got a Pfizer booster yesterday on top of my 2 astra shots, the 6 months has been reduced to 3 months. I went to Asiatique. Take your passport and your old vaccine certificate, after the jab they give you a new certificate and the Mor Phrom app is updated straight away. All told I was there around 3 hours, its well organized.

4 hours ago, kingkenny said:

I got a Pfizer booster yesterday on top of my 2 astra shots, the 6 months has been reduced to 3 months. I went to Asiatique. Take your passport and your old vaccine certificate, after the jab they give you a new certificate and the Mor Phrom app is updated straight away. All told I was there around 3 hours, its well organized.

Questions then and thanks for your answer. 1 - Where is Asiatique - we are about 12km North East of Min Buri, outer Bangkok. 2 - Did they charge you or was it free?

19 hours ago, cliveshep said:

Questions then and thanks for your answer. 1 - Where is Asiatique - we are about 12km North East of Min Buri, outer Bangkok. 2 - Did they charge you or was it free?

Its Free, its on the river not too far along from Saphin Thaksin, can find easily in Google Maps. As you are in Minburi I believe they are also doing this on the top floor of Fashion Island and at Bang Su station.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2021 at 10:04 AM, mtls2005 said:

Has anyone contacted MedPark?

I was going to wait until early January before doing so. I think many of us are looking at a 6-month date of late Feb early-Mar?

While Pfizer 1X is available now as a booster for sinostuff/AZ, it is not, AFAIK, available for Pfizer 2X, yet.

Correct. Just confirmed by Email by MedPark.

Asiatique (la-de-dah shopping mall) boosters...

Who is administering these booster shots? I mean, Department of Public Health, a hospital, a private clinic etc? If it is free, who is paying?

An expat friend in Sattahip got his original shot at no cost to him -  sponsored by the Embassy of India (not his home country).

Which shots (Pfizer, Moderna, Joe's discount this-might-work brand) do they have and are they designated booster shots?

All-comers welcome or only those resident.

Why isn't this being advertised? Or indeed is it?

Is there a fact sheet somewhere? Not grapevine chatter but instead official announcements regarding eligibility, schedule etc.

In Swahili, of course.

Edited by World Traveller2

On 12/15/2021 at 12:39 PM, fdsa said:

Hospitals in our big and "frontier" town (Phuket) offered me only Sinovac and Astrazeneca as a first shot, Pfizer is available only as a second or third shot.

i.e. Pfizer+Pfizer combination is extremely rare while Sinovac+Pfizer or Astra+Pfizer is freely available, but I'd like the first one rather than the others.

You’d “like” to dictate your free effective govt. vax program……

yeah I’d like a bj from Aguilera or Alba or to fly to Mars …ain’t happening pal …..govt. Sino + AZ+ Pfizer highly effective. Take it, or leave it & take consequences…….

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 9:45 AM, kingkenny said:

Its Free, its on the river not too far along from Saphin Thaksin, can find easily in Google Maps. As you are in Minburi I believe they are also doing this on the top floor of Fashion Island and at Bang Su station.

About getting the Pfizer booster at Asiatique on top of two prior AZ doses....

Did you just do a walk-in, and they accepted that?  Or did you register and book an appointment there thru one of the various websites?

Thanks!

12 hours ago, World Traveller2 said:

Why isn't this being advertised? Or indeed is it?

Is there a fact sheet somewhere? Not grapevine chatter but instead official announcements regarding eligibility, schedule etc.

The Asiatique vax operation is listed as available via the various TH mobile operator vaccine reg websites (which serve as a front-end system for the MoPH's vax program). Vaxes being done there would be via the MoPH, just the same as via Bang Sue.

• Thanks 1

Just some weirdness re the mobile phone operator vaccine websites to register for 3rd dose booster shots....

Tonight, I tried each of the three of them -- DTAC, AIS and True, as follows:

https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index-en.html

The DTAC site seems to say its booster shot registrations for those who've had various combinations of prior doses are only for those who had them at the Bang Sue vaccination center. But notwithstanding that, using my DTAC mobile number, I was able to successfully register and get an early Jan. appointment for a 3rd dose Pfizer shot there, even though my prior to AZ doses were at a private hospital and not Bang Sue.

So...this text below (the 2nd paragraph) on the DTAC registration website is apparently in error in that regard:

Screenshot_1.jpg.b6a6ab05a8e9274dae1d65cb9d842060.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

https://www.ais.th/vaccinesforthais/

When I tried the AIS site using my AIS mobile number, I got an error message in TH language saying the service was fully booked and not available.

----------------------------------------

https://vaccine.trueid.net/

When I tried the True Move H website, I got an error message saying if I wanted to register, I needed to do it via a True mobile number or other True account log-in.