Booster vaccine?

neilscolt

I am staying in Thailand till mid March on a non-O and then a visa extension, have had two doses of Astra in the UK 6 months ago and need to get a booster sorted here in Thailand, is this possible? Any tips

or pointers where I can get this booked ASAP.

Thanks for any help

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

There are some private hospitals selling Moderna shots, that would be your best bet. 40% of the population has yet to even receive one dose yet.

Except the Moderna booster is supposed to be a half dose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

The authorities both in the US and UK are recommending the half dose.  Apparently the Moderna jab contains significantly more mRNA than Pfizer, so a full dose as a booster is more likely to produce side effects

It's moderna vaccine guidelines  on the pamphlet! We don't even know the dose amount yet being given until we arrive to the hospital. And what will they do with the other half dose. I will take a friend. Should be 50ml and booster dose 25ml.  The Moderna  CEO said they are already have live  trials for the delta vaccine currently running now. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, neilscolt said:

I am staying in Thailand till mid March on a non-O and then a visa extension, have had two doses of Astra in the UK 6 months ago and need to get a booster sorted here in Thailand, is this possible? Any tips

or pointers where I can get this booked ASAP.

Where in Thailand? There are many, many, many, many, many variations based on location.

I assume you used your UK vaccination status to enter Thailand? Sandbox, test & go, quarantine.

The current government booster recommendation here for AZ 2X is Pfizer 1X, now given at as few as three months (although they're sticking to the 31 July cut-off still, that will move soon obviously). Moderna (full or half, not sure half is given here) may be a paid alternative. See the secondary market for immediate needs.

If in Bangkok you could try a walk-in at Bang Sue armed with all your UK/Thailand Test&Go paperwork. They may reject you (UK doses)?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

There are some private hospitals selling Moderna shots, that would be your best bet. 40% of the population has yet to even receive one dose yet.

Any clues on which hospitals?

I pre-ordered before but that's all said and done.  

Since news of the booster shots I haven't found any hospitals selling anything but Sinopharm.

There offering boosters for people who've gotten the mix batches Sino/Astra, Sino/Sino, sinopharm, etc.

Its kinda complicated to meet their criteria.  Especially being a falang with Pfeizer/Pfeizer.

• Haha 1

Much overthinking here. Got free Moderna Booster Monday at Patong Govt Hospital as Walk In. Got a full small vial dose. It is what it is. 
govt. will follow mfr. advice. No real concern about dose / type / mix. You are not the experts. Just make a max. convenient effort here. Including being FIT.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Much overthinking here. Got free Moderna Booster Monday at Patong Govt Hospital as Walk In. Got a full small vial dose. It is what it is. 
govt. will follow mfr. advice. No real concern about dose / type / mix. You are not the experts. Just make a max. convenient effort here. Including being FIT.

delete

Edited by yogi yogi
spelling
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yogi yogi said:

maybe i should go to patong govt hosp.  and try did u get the booster dose?  how do you know.  it was a booster dose and not regular dose

Refer terms “ Booster”, “Overthinking” & “ It is what it it is” in my clear subject post. ????

• Haha 1

I Think the OP Has to have had his original 2 Doses here in Thailand to Qualify for the Booster,Unless he finds a Private ( Expensive ) Hospital who would do it as they are only doing it for the MONEY .....

I Had my 2 Doses of Astra Zenica in Nong Khai the 2nd one was in September 22nd & I Can get the Booster Next Wednesday the 22nd of December 3 Months after I Had the 2nd one I've been told the Booster will be the Pfizer vaccine & As with my 2 Original Shots it Will be FREE......

Edited by Nong Khai Man
More Added
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nong Khai Man said:

I Think the OP Has to have had his original 2 Doses here in Thailand to Qualify for the Booster,Unless he finds a Private ( Expensive ) Hospital who would do it as they are only doing it for the MONEY .....

I Had my 2 Doses of Astra Zenica in Nong Khai the 2nd one was in September 22nd & I Can get the Booster Next Wednesday the 22nd of December 3 Months after I Had the 2nd one I've been told the Booster will be the Pfizer vaccine & It Will be FREE Once again...

• Haha 1

Walk in covid-19 vaccinations available at Chaiyaphruek Pattaya Stadium. Today my wife and I went for our third shoot of covid vaccin this morning. We were there at 7.15 and there were 250 people ahead of us , finished at 9:30. Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccin was available. Requirement older than 18 and the previous shoot if any was received at least three months before . People received not only the third jab even the second and the first was administered. Everything was professional performed..
  • Like 2

Well done SP ! But the news about 3 month boosters hasn't yet reached Chantaburi down the road ! The Mrs had her 2nd Pfizer today and they said her booster would be 6 months time. Then I couldn't get my booster as I'm only 3 months in. Mai pen lai.

Edited by TorquayFan
clarity
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Depending on where you are, best bet is to either talk to Bangkok Private Hospital or go to their Facebook page, in Udon Thani there are scores of people selling their Moderna shots as they received the free ones just before the hospitals received their orders, now vaccinating.

My wife got her free Pfizer on 30 November, hopsital called her on the 2nd, she put her two doses back to March and then luckily sold them to a mother & daughter who are both school teachers and as they received Sinovac were offered AZ as boosters which they didn't want, she sold her doses for 2,800 baht, 500 less than what she paid for them in June.

Like I said, plenty for sale on the Facebook site of Bangkok Private Hospital Udon Thani, as for me, I am hanging onto mine for March as it will be 6 months then and will have one dose left over which I am sure I will sell to some farang by the time I get there and I can get the dose anytime from now till then, but will make it lastminute.com to see what is going on in the world till then, maybe won't need it ?

If the money goes down the drain, so be it, I received two Pfizer doses for free, so as I was willing to pay for it, it's not a loss to me, although some might cry over spilt milk if it was them, blaming the hospitals for ordering Moderna for them, then the government allegedly coming to the rescue....lol

Great idea!

Thanks.