Thai police fine one of their own 500 baht for sidewalk parking after social media shaming

webfact

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Common Practice and yesterday i saw a Cop riding a Scooter with no Helmet and another riding the wrong way down a Public Footpath.   If you took pictures of every wrongdoing by Cop's you would wear your Camera out in two weeks !

You should be able to make a visa arrest seeing that we are not citizens.

What i don't get is why park like that? The road is wide, doesn't look busy, so absolutely no reason not to park correctly. The only reason that I can think of is that it saves a step or two on the walk to and from the shop!

On 12/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, trainman34014 said:

Common Practice and yesterday i saw a Cop riding a Scooter with no Helmet and another riding the wrong way down a Public Footpath.   If you took pictures of every wrongdoing by Cop's you would wear your Camera out in two weeks !

Just before the pandemic in Bangkok, this motorbike came down the pavement towards me, I stopped him and refused to move, he opened his jacket to reveal a tight brown uniform, yes I let him go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

GUN

Bloody lucky, you could have got your head blown off. 

Why bother obstructing, it's Thailand, that's what they do here, just get of the way. 

Yes, get out of the way and step on to the road and risk being hit by a car etc so some moron riding a motorbike on the pavement can just ride past.

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, get out of the way and step on to the road and risk being hit by a car etc so some moron riding a motorbike on the pavement can just ride past.

I understand. 

I've seen Possum road kill, turned my stomach. 

Stay safe dude.