Third Booster shots ( Pattaya area )

banglay

On 12/31/2021 at 11:58 AM, mahjongguy said:

I asked, he said Pfizer. I'd like to believe him but I left without any proof that I'd even made an appearance. I'll go back in two weeks when I'm qualified, see what they offer. If it's a third A-Z I may decline. 

Two other possibilities: there may be another walk-in at the Sports Center in mid-January, or Bangkok Pattaya Hospital might have an event at Central Festival that includes boosters.

My AZ was organised  by BPB first one at the hospital  second at Central Festival. My 3 month anniversary with about 26th February.

2 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Given Omicron is here in PTY I decided it was time to get a booster. I went along to Royal Garden Plaza at 11.00 this morning. The Covid centre is on the first floor. The first step is a reception/initial registration desk where they check whether you are eligible. You need a vaccine certificate or preferably the Mor Phrom app showing your record. I had 2 Astra from Pya Thai 2 in BKK & that was fine, as my second was on 6 Sept - so over 3 months. You are given a yellow form plus a queue number. A very helpful Thai assistant helps farangs fill in the form, you need your vaccine info & passport as well as address details.

Then its just the usual queuing system, to eventually hand your docs over to medical staff & then get your jab - I was only offered the Pfizer booster. As that seems a good booster for 2x Astra that was fine. Total time from start to jab almost exactly an hour. The usual 15 minute rest (no paper certificate at the end) and then you are free to go. The jab appeared on my Mor Phrom record 3 hours later. Really very easy & well organised, social distancing not great but thats the way with mass vaccinations it seems. Whatever its easier than a day trip to BKK.

Thanks for the report, I had my second AZ jab at the end of September so I'm due a booster, but with Omicron apparently being so incredibly transmissible I'm really not keen on crowds.

It was posted a few days ago that registration starts at 10:00 AM while vaccination begins at 11:00 AM. Would you say there was any advantage in terms of smaller crowds, or maybe less queuing time, to getting there at 10:00 rather than 11:00? My other qustion is when you say "social distancing not great", was it much worse than at Phyathai2 in Bangkok, or about the same? Thanks if you can find the time to reply.

35 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Thanks for the report, I had my second AZ jab at the end of September so I'm due a booster, but with Omicron apparently being so incredibly transmissible I'm really not keen on crowds.

It was posted a few days ago that registration starts at 10:00 AM while vaccination begins at 11:00 AM. Would you say there was any advantage in terms of smaller crowds, or maybe less queuing time, to getting there at 10:00 rather than 11:00? My other qustion is when you say "social distancing not great", was it much worse than at Phyathai2 in Bangkok, or about the same? Thanks if you can find the time to reply.

The Beach Road entrance did not open till 11.00, but there were already people inside & I was pretty much the first of the 11.00 crowd & got No 242. Maybe they open Second Road earlier? The earlier group went through an identical queuing process - which involves sitting not standing & moving forward one row of chairs at a time - I think any advantage of 10.00 is fairly marginal. I think an hour all in is pretty good, the Stadium waiting times seemed longer & for me thats way out of town. Overall vis distancing about the same as PT2 in BKK, as I said I think thats a function of having to move a mass of people quickly. I double masked, which is rare for me. Important to note, this process got me a physical jab not an appointment for a jab.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Given Omicron is here in PTY I decided it was time to get a booster. I went along to Royal Garden Plaza at 11.00 this morning. The Covid centre is on the first floor. The first step is a reception/initial registration desk where they check whether you are eligible. You need a vaccine certificate or preferably the Mor Phrom app showing your record. I had 2 Astra from Pya Thai 2 in BKK & that was fine, as my second was on 6 Sept - so over 3 months. You are given a yellow form plus a queue number. A very helpful Thai assistant helps farangs fill in the form, you need your vaccine info & passport as well as address details.

Then its just the usual queuing system, to eventually hand your docs over to medical staff & then get your jab - I was only offered the Pfizer booster. As that seems a good booster for 2x Astra that was fine. Total time from start to jab almost exactly an hour. The usual 15 minute rest (no paper certificate at the end) and then you are free to go. The jab appeared on my Mor Phrom record 3 hours later. Really very easy & well organised, social distancing not great but thats the way with mass vaccinations it seems. Whatever its easier than a day trip to BKK.

Point out that anyone who has had 2 Pfizer previously cannot get the ,3rd pfizer.and that's all that's avaible at plaza. These are the facts 

• Like 1

From the WHO regarding booster shot.  ( makes interesting reading ==make you own mind up )

And what is your take on it?   For or Against ?

https://www.who.int/news/item/22-12-2021-interim-statement-on-booster-doses-for-covid-19-vaccination---update-22-december-2021

Edited by banglay

After @Harry2's   successful visit to RGP yesterday, I thought I’d give it a try this afternoon. I got there about 1:15, a bit later than I’d intended, but if the whole process takes about an hour, as reported, then there was plenty of time. I went up to the first floor and joined a very long queue snaking back towards Second Road. A chatty English guy joined me and he said that he’d been there at 9:30 in the morning when there was a long queue waiting already, long before they even opened, but he had been told to go home and come back at 1:30.  

About 80 minutes after arriving I finally got to the registration desk, where all the Thais were taking photos of a notice (in Thai) next to where I was sitting. The registration wallah took my vaccination certificate and entered my name and phone number on his PC, then told me to take a photograph of the sign and come back on the 17th, ten days later. I asked him if I could get a ticket number or receipt, something to show when I returned that I’d already queued for a long time, but there was nothing on offer. My new chatty pal received the same treatment, as evidently had all the Thai folk who were taking photos of the sign.

I have no idea what was going on, have they run out of vaccine already, or are they just taking the pish? Why not tell us to come back next Monday the 10th rather than in ten days’ time? And when we return, will we just have to queue for hours again, perhaps only to be told to come back yet again (this was, after all, my friend’s second time in one day)? No explanations were forthcoming, anyway.

I don’t fancy going through that lot again so I’ll phone around a few hospitals and see if I can get a booster done privately at my own expense, which was my original plan. Maybe there was a good reason for this nonsense, I don’t know, and it wasn't farang bashing as the Thais were being told the same thing. If anyone knows what’s going on, please do enlighten me.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

Did you meet the delay requirement based on your first two jabs? I will be eligible on the 17th (A-Z + A-Z) but believed last week if I stood in line I'd get an appointment for later this month. 'Cause City Hall said so. And I got nothing.

Yes, of course, second AZ jab was in late September. Plus it wasn't just me, everyone, Thai and farang, was getting the same thing, come back in ten days. This is the sign, which says come back on the 17th between 11:00 and 14:30. Does that mean they're closed for the next ten days, or what? If so, there's going to be one heck of a lot of people there on the 17th, lol.

IMG20220107143947.thumb.jpg.c01efc960cc28db8990e5aa43b1bc74d.jpg

Just to add insult to injury, while the Pattaya City walk-in (and walk straight back out again, lol) vaccination centre in RGP was closed for the weekend, the GF got a Moderna booster in Laem Chabang yesterday (Sunday).

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Can anyone say whether the RGP vaccine thingie is open THIS week or not?

Yes, it was open today.

1. First, it's a long queue for about an hour, then

2. At the reception desk, non-Thais like me join another (and this time, a disorganised) queue ... wait time: another 45 minutes. Many in this second queue were agents or fixers who had a dozen passports, etc, which made processing very slow.

3. Then you got processed - which involved the guy entering all your information on computer - even though I had Mor Prom, a vaccine certificate, etc ... seemed like they were starting everything from scratch (i.e. they are not linked to previously gathered and recorded information).

4. Then I was told to return on 20 January for the jab.

Just short of two hours in a crowded, enclosed space ... (you have been warned!) just to get an appointment over a week away ... in all, a shambles, I thought.

The up-side: Dairy Queen is open on the ground floor.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

Just to add insult to injury, while the Pattaya City walk-in (and walk straight back out again, lol) vaccination centre in RGP was closed for the weekend, the GF got a Moderna booster in Laem Chabang yesterday (Sunday).

My Mrs says it looks like they are doing booster shots at the จิตตภาวัน วิทยาลัยสงฆ์ (สำนำกงานผู้อำนวยการ)/  Chittaphawan College of Monks Temple place today and through to 16th. She has had Sino+AZ and can go if over 3 months after the AZ. For another AZ.

For Chonburi residents, probably Thai only.

It is on the left just before you get to the Hwy 36 Junction, Sukhumvit Northbound. 

Edited by jacko45k

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

My Mrs says it looks like they are doing booster shots at the จิตตภาวัน วิทยาลัยสงฆ์ (สำนำกงานผู้อำนวยการ)/  Chittaphawan College of Monks Temple place today and through to 16th. She has had Sino+AZ and can go if over 3 months after the AZ. For another AZ.

For Chonburi residents, probably Thai only.

It is on the left just before you get to the Hwy 36 Junction, Sukhumvit Northbound. 

Yeah, that's on the Pattaya City 1337 page, it's been moved there from Banglamung Hospital as the hospital has an outbreak of Covid.

271621946_411285284069669_73496249253298

59 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Can you tell us where in LCB?

No, I asked her via FB Messenger where she's got the booster as I hadn't heard of Moderna being given at government-run vaccine centres in this area before, but she didn't answer me. I'll try her again this evening, daft bat that she is.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, law ling said:

Yes, it was open today.

1. First, it's a long queue for about an hour, then

2. At the reception desk, non-Thais like me join another (and this time, a disorganised) queue ... wait time: another 45 minutes. Many in this second queue were agents or fixers who had a dozen passports, etc, which made processing very slow.

3. Then you got processed - which involved the guy entering all your information on computer - even though I had Mor Prom, a vaccine certificate, etc ... seemed like they were starting everything from scratch (i.e. they are not linked to previously gathered and recorded information).

4. Then I was told to return on 20 January for the jab.

Just short of two hours in a crowded, enclosed space ... (you have been warned!) just to get an appointment over a week away ... in all, a shambles, I thought.

The up-side: Dairy Queen is open on the ground floor.

Did they tell you anything about the procedure when you return? I should have thought there would be two lines, one for people who've registered like yourself and myself and are returning for the booster, and one for people who are registering and will be told to come back. When I was there, though, I didn't see another line, did you? Maybe I was focusing on the registration place on the north side of the mall, while the vaccinations seemed to be given across it on the south side? When we return, perhaps we should just go straight to the place on the south side and we can then avoid the masses queuing to register? Well, I live in hope.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Did they tell you anything about the procedure when you return? I should have thought there would be two lines, one for people who've registered like yourself and myself and are returning for the booster, and one for people who are registering and will be told to come back. When I was there, though, I didn't see another line, did you? Maybe I was focusing on the registration place on the north side of the mall, while the vaccinations seemed to be given across it on the south side? When we return, perhaps we should just go straight to the place on the south side and we can then avoid the masses queuing to register? Well, I live in hope.

Yes, the north side was for registration, and the south side was another queue for those to be vaxed (who seemed to be clutching a queue number, or some small bit of paper).

I was told no more than the date to return and the time (11 to 14:30).

15 minutes ago, law ling said:

Yes, the north side was for registration, and the south side was another queue for those to be vaxed (who seemed to be clutching a queue number, or some small bit of paper).

Yeah, that was the same for me and my friend, we asked the obese guy doing the registrations for a number or something to show that we'd been there, but he wasn't interested. OTOH, I didn't see any of the Thai folk clutching numbers either, so hopefully things will work out. I really don't want to have to queue for 2 hours there again.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, law ling said:

When I registered, the guy was quite insistent that I should take a photo of the sign about the next appointment. Everyone was being told the same thing and all the Thais were happily snapping away with their phones. Now I wonder if that photo, which is proof that you were at the registration desk on the appropriate day 10 days before, will act as a ticket to get the vaccine next Monday? It's certainly cheaper and easier than actually handing out numbers. I guess you just turn up and if anyone asks for proof that you're 'in the system' then just show them the snap you took of the notice 10 days earlier. Just a thought, anyway, don't delete that picture yet, lol.

Edited by Guderian

26 minutes ago, kdrayong said:

We went there today just to get some information.

People are lining up there from 5:30 pm. A lady who arrived there around 6 pm got the queue number 1800(+)

Yeah, my Mrs went there today about 9am and was back home 20 minutes later. She said they were jabbing number 100 and queue was over 1000 already... she will try again tomorrow and go at 7am. 

Suspect more a chance of catching Covid than getting jabbed against it!

Did you really mean p.m. in your post?

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 10:03 PM, pixelaoffy said:

Point out that anyone who has had 2 Pfizer previously cannot get the ,3rd pfizer.and that's all that's avaible at plaza. These are the facts 

As Professor Julius Sumner Miller often asked..."Why is it so?" Or is it a time thing?

Couldn't find Moderna booster (after 2 Moderna shots in summer 2021) near Pattaya for me (non-Thai). Today,we made a successful 4 ½ hour roundtrip to Kasemrad International in Bangkok. THB 1650 per shot.

15 hours ago, kdrayong said:

We went there today just to get some information.

People are lining up there from 5:30 pm. A lady who arrived there around 6 pm got the queue number 1800(+)

Further... today (Wed) my Mrs got up early and arrived at the Temple before 7am.... she got a queue ticket number of 1250.! Fortunately she spotted someone she knew ahead and she will call her when she is near the front, so wife is home now. 

7 minutes ago, kdrayong said:

Sorry,
a.m. of course.

Mrs just got back. So she got there at 7am, and jabbed about 12.30pm.. hellova line (as stated she got a friend in line to call her when getting near to her number so avoided it)....... Pfizer BTW.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Mrs just got back. So she got there at 7am, and jabbed about 12.30pm.. hellova line (as stated she got a friend in line to call her when getting near to her number so avoided it)....... Pfizer BTW.

Was that in Sports Stadium?? Did she get her previous shots also Pfizer??