Third Booster shots ( Pattaya area )

banglay

4 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Was that in Sports Stadium?? Did she get her previous shots also Pfizer??

No see above posts...at the Monks College place... apparently moved there from Banglamung Hospital. On top of 1xSino and 1xAZ, that were done at the stadium.

On 1/7/2022 at 4:24 PM, Guderian said:

After @Harry2's   successful visit to RGP yesterday, I thought I’d give it a try this afternoon. I got there about 1:15, a bit later than I’d intended, but if the whole process takes about an hour, as reported, then there was plenty of time. I went up to the first floor and joined a very long queue snaking back towards Second Road. A chatty English guy joined me and he said that he’d been there at 9:30 in the morning when there was a long queue waiting already, long before they even opened, but he had been told to go home and come back at 1:30.  

About 80 minutes after arriving I finally got to the registration desk, where all the Thais were taking photos of a notice (in Thai) next to where I was sitting. The registration wallah took my vaccination certificate and entered my name and phone number on his PC, then told me to take a photograph of the sign and come back on the 17th, ten days later. I asked him if I could get a ticket number or receipt, something to show when I returned that I’d already queued for a long time, but there was nothing on offer. My new chatty pal received the same treatment, as evidently had all the Thai folk who were taking photos of the sign.

I have no idea what was going on, have they run out of vaccine already, or are they just taking the pish? Why not tell us to come back next Monday the 10th rather than in ten days’ time? And when we return, will we just have to queue for hours again, perhaps only to be told to come back yet again (this was, after all, my friend’s second time in one day)? No explanations were forthcoming, anyway.

I don’t fancy going through that lot again so I’ll phone around a few hospitals and see if I can get a booster done privately at my own expense, which was my original plan. Maybe there was a good reason for this nonsense, I don’t know, and it wasn't farang bashing as the Thais were being told the same thing. If anyone knows what’s going on, please do enlighten me.

You arrived  without an appointment,  waited and was given an appointment and return  date so I think you  did well...

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Monks College Place?

It's a Wat near Banglamung Hospital that they moved the in-house vaccination to following a Covid incident at the hospital.  I forget it's real name now but its mentioned in other threads.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You arrived  without an appointment,  waited and was given an appointment and return  date so I think you  did well...

When a guy posted that he arrived the day before without an appointment and had the booster an hour later??? I don't see what's so good about it. All this endless queuing indoors with hundreds of other people makes the walk-in vaccination centres potential superspreader events, they're madness. Banglamung hospital has recently had a Covid outbreak, though I don't know if it was related to the walk-in vaccination place there. And to make people queue for almost two hours, then come back 10 days later to queue again, well whoever came up with this masterplan should be given the award of the boot. 

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Guderian said:

When a guy posted that he arrived the day before without an appointment and had the booster an hour later??? I don't see what's so good about it. All this endless queuing indoors with hundreds of other people makes the walk-in vaccination centres potential superspreader events, they're madness. Banglamung hospital has recently had a Covid outbreak, though I don't know if it was related to the walk-in vaccination place there. And to make people queue for almost two hours, then come back 10 days later to queue again, well whoever came up with this masterplan should be given the award of the boot. 

I guess you have always had life very easy. But all over the world people have to queue  for  things they need, even water. I recognise  what you experienced  was not ideal but you got your appointment in the end. I guess many westerners just take  stuff for  granted but as westerners we are often in a privileged  position. I hope your experience  has given you an insight  into the reality  of life and its difficulties  for Thai people including the medical staff who tried to help you.

2 minutes ago, bbko said:

Thank you very much. Does anybody know the routine fir application  or approaching them?

Edited by The Hammer2021

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're missing the point entirely.

Queuing for water brings relief when you get the water.

Queueing for anti Omicron boosters in cramped poorly ventilated environments has a high chance of infecting you with that disease.

I think its an outrage.

I'm not missing any point at all and you  get outraged too easily. One person had to wait an  hour. Excellent! One person had to wait longer. That's hard luck. Queueing is an unfortunate part if life. Save your emotion for the staff having to  deal with this issue all day.  The spoilt  entitled  whinging, ingratitude is an extraordinary  demonstration of the worst our complacent western society create instead of patient stoicism and gratitude. I note the original  OP is not contributing but you and another are outraged and angry on his  behalf. This kind of 3rd party outrage is pathetic and rarely asked for. What good does  it do? The people doing good are the medical staff covered in PPE dealing all day supporting thousands  of ungrateful  grumbling, I'll tempered foreigners. You convenient overlook these people. I find  your entitlement and selective outrage shameful. You entirely  miss the point.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I'm not missing any point at all and you  get outraged too easily. One person had to wait an  hour. Excellent! One person had to wait longer. That's hard luck. Queueing is an unfortunate part if life. Save your emotion for the staff having to  deal with this issue all day.  The spoilt  entitled  whinging, ingratitude is an extraordinary  demonstration of the worst our complacent western society create instead of patient stoicism and gratitude. I note the original  OP is not contributing but you and another are outraged and angry on his  behalf. This kind of 3rd party outrage is pathetic and rarely asked for. What good does  it do? The people doing good are the medical staff covered in PPE dealing all day supporting thousands  of ungrateful  grumbling, I'll tempered foreigners. You convenient overlook these people. I find  your entitlement and selective outrage shameful. You entirely  miss the point.

So predictable.

Backing away from your ridiculous clearly worthless anti expat histrionics, the question I have myself and would ask others including Thais:

Is it REALLY worth the risk now to voluntarily expose ourselves to conditions where infection risk is very high in order to get boosted?

Its fair to assume that Omicron will  continue to spread very rapidly here locally, then peak, then decline, perhaps by March.

So why take such a high risk now? Yes good chance many or most of us will be infected with this anyway sooner or later, but why basically almost ask for it right now?

I don't have a definitive answer. Its something we'll have to grapple with ourselves. There isn't a right or wrong answer.

So far personally i have not gone in.

Yes I want a boost.

No I don't want to expose myself to a very high risk of infection in the process.

I suppose most everyone knows by now how incredibly infectious Omicron is. It's second only to measles.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I started this thread or one similar  to exchange  useful information  about getting a third booster shot here in Pattaya and to this end we have made some progress.

1 We know that Moderna  and Pfizer are being offered and this is appropriate.

2 We know the Banglamung hospital vaccination  site has moved to a famous monastery  on Sukhumvit

3 We know there is a vaccination  site at the mall of Ripley  Believe  it or not.

4 We know people should take all  their document and be prepared  to queue to wait for a shot or get an appointment

5 We know BPH is selling Moderna but it's for a March delivery

If anyone else can add anymore useful information  in this fluid situation I'm sure we would all be grateful. A list of other  vaccination  sites would be useful.

I want to note that Pattaya 103 Fabulous FM radio has been consistently broadcasting that all of the vaccine boost programs from Banglamung Hospital are for THAIS ONLY. They also announced today the program has moved from the indoor sports stadium to the hospital failing to mention the Monks college.

I am not suggesting their announcement is correct. Just reporting what they have been saying.

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Can't you just  say where it is? I don't use Google products.  What is a monks college?

Can't you just learn to read and do things for yourself... I posted details earlier in the thread as well as the recent Google maps link....  what an ingrate.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

With respect to Barry, his article published yesterday the 13th does not seem to be correct.

The Banglamung program, temporarily moved to the monk's college temple, says in Thai on the hospital's Facebook page that walk-in is available to all residents of Chonburi province.

1 hour ago, mahjongguy said:

With respect to Barry, his article published yesterday the 13th does not seem to be correct.

The Banglamung program, temporarily moved to the monk's college temple, says in Thai on the hospital's Facebook page that walk-in is available to all residents of Chonburi province.

That's interesting. Residents is a loaded word. Remember the fiasco with registration when only f-rangs with yellow books could register? So it would depend on what they are asking, if anything, of f-rangs that show up as far as proof of residence. 

1 hour ago, mahjongguy said:

What do you think their criteria of "residents of Chonburi province" is?

50 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Residents is a loaded word.

Yes it is, and it's somewhat ambiguous even in Thai but I was assured that the intent in this case was "people living in Chonburi province". If that was what they meant then a driver's license should suffice.

1 minute ago, mahjongguy said:

Yes it is, and it's somewhat ambiguous even in Thai but I was assured that the intent in this case was "people living in Chonburi province". If that was what they meant then a driver's license should suffice.

Great if you have one.