Third Booster shots ( Pattaya area )

banglay

Just now, Leaver said:

And if you are a Thai National?  

All Thai citizens are registered in the blue book of a particular address, regardless of where they actually live. It is especially common to still be registered at the parents' home upcountry while living and working in Bangkok. 

Doesn't matter. Banglamung hospital wants to vaccinate everyone they can. They only mention the geography because they have been allocated the doses and other resources that they calculated for Chonburi and cannot have people flooding in from Rayong, Chachoengsao, etc.

4 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

All Thai citizens are registered in the blue book of a particular address, regardless of where they actually live. It is especially common to still be registered at the parents' home upcountry while living and working in Bangkok. 

Doesn't matter. Banglamung hospital wants to vaccinate everyone they can. They only mention the geography because they have been allocated the doses and other resources that they calculated for Chonburi and cannot have people flooding in from Rayong, Chachoengsao, etc.

How would Banglamund hospital know how many vaccines could be needed when they don't even know how many "official" residents there are in Chonburi?

What about the hospitals in Issan, and the the blue books there?  Does that mean they have an over supply?

Thailand has a big domestic migrant workforce.  Hard to know where there are in the country.  

18 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How would Banglamund hospital know how many vaccines could be needed when they don't even know how many "official" residents there are in Chonburi?

What about the hospitals in Issan, and the the blue books there?  Does that mean they have an over supply?

Thailand has a big domestic migrant workforce.  Hard to know where there are in the country.  

Sorry, I've lost track of where you're taking this. There was concern expressed about farang needing official proof of residence in Chonburi. I said don't sweat it. Bring what you've got regarding address. Plus, of course, your passport, a copy of your passport data page, and a printout (or at least Moh Promt on your phone) that has your 6000 series vaxx ID number. 

16 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

Sorry, I've lost track of where you're taking this. There was concern expressed about farang needing official proof of residence in Chonburi. I said don't sweat it. Bring what you've got regarding address. Plus, of course, your passport, a copy of your passport data page, and a printout (or at least Moh Promt on your phone) that has your 6000 series vaxx ID number. 

And I said, "And if you are a Thai National?"  

Tell me, would should they bring to prove they are a resident of Chonburi province, and should there be no need to show residency, how do the hospitals across the country know how many vaccines they should be allocated?  

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

...should there be no need to show residency, how do the hospitals across the country know how many vaccines they should be allocated?  

The Ministry of Public Health has a special COVID management group that allocates vaccines and other resources to the provinces. They have access to all the government's population numbers. How those demographics are gathered and refined (and how accurate they may be), I cannot say. 

Nor do I have any reason to care. I'm not Thai. My name does not appear in any housebook as an occupant but my address in Banglamung is well documented in other ways. 

According to reports last night, yesterday those who succeeded in getting a queue number for Pfizer had arrived in the dark, before 6am. Today's supply of Pfizer is limited to 1,000 doses so I'm on the way out the door right now to try my luck. Chok dee to me. 

12 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

With respect to Barry, his article published yesterday the 13th does not seem to be correct.

The Banglamung program, temporarily moved to the monk's college temple, says in Thai on the hospital's Facebook page that walk-in is available to all residents of Chonburi province.

I think the last day at The Monk's College is tomorrow.... so I presume they move back to Banglamung Hospital.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think the last day at The Monk's College is tomorrow.... so I presume they move back to Banglamung Hospital.

The program will not be moving back just yet. Monday is the last day of this walk-in but an appointment-only program begins immediately after.

• Like 1

I am farang, showed up before 4am and I now have a queue number in hand. No proof of address was requested.

It seems that I should be well within today's Pfizer quota. Let's hope. If offered a 3rd A-Z then I'm gonna walk.

By the way, I've been told by staff that since I am over 70yo I will be jumping the queue. They don't want to deal with me toppling over.

1 minute ago, mahjongguy said:

I am farang, showed up before 4am and I now have a queue number in hand. No proof of address was requested.

It seems that I should be well within today's Pfizer quota. Let's hope. If offered a 3rd A-Z then I'm gonna walk.

By the way, I've been told by staff that since I am over 70yo I will be jumping the queue. They don't want to deal with me toppling over.

How many there are ferang? 

Went back at 8am sharp, got moved to the 70yo+ group, got my Pfizer and out the door within 30 minutes.

Total farang spotted: two. They seemed very much at ease so maybe one or both speak Thai. The temple is such a big place that without my Thai partner I would never have even found the right building.

My advice: forget about tomorrow and Monday's walk-in events. The next day begins the scheduled-only program, so get the QueQ app for your phone. Next to the restaurant reservations there is a section for selecting one hour vaccination windows. You will need a Thai to select the monk's college temple. 

NB: Think before acting. Once you have made a reservation you cannot change nor delete it, nor can you create another. You're just out of luck.

8 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

The Ministry of Public Health has a special COVID management group that allocates vaccines and other resources to the provinces. They have access to all the government's population numbers. How those demographics are gathered and refined (and how accurate they may be), I cannot say. 

So Noi, the bar girl from Issan, gets on a bus to Pattaya from Udon Thani, and the Ministry of Public Health knows she is in Pattaya.  ????

There's more chance of Google knowing where she is than the Ministry of Public Health.  ????   

• Confused 2

Stopped by in RGP today to check possibility to get 3rd Pfizer jab. Chap at entrance of the registration place  asking to see my vaccination history, told him I got 2 in Europe and would like to get 3rd. He said right away that come back in March if you got 2 Pfizers already, boosters currently offered only for those that got AZ or Chinese before. 

Wondering if this is the policy everywhere? Any place where could get 3rd Pfizer? 

Edited by mran66

43 minutes ago, mran66 said:

Stopped by in RGP today to check possibility to get 3rd Pfizer jab. Chap at entrance of the registration place  asking to see my vaccination history, told him I got 2 in Europe and would like to get 3rd. He said right away that come back in March if you got 2 Pfizers already, boosters currently offered only for those that got AZ or Chinese before. 

Wondering if this is the policy everywhere? Any place where could get 3rd Pfizer? 

Just read in another thread it is policy in Chiang Mai. Probably same in Pattaya.

Apparently, those who have had 2 x Pfizer in Pattaya will be contacted about when and where they can go for jab number 3.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mran66 said:

This was posted earlier by Klonko, it might be worth giving Kasemrad a call to see if they can offer you anything:

Couldn't find Moderna booster (after 2 Moderna shots in summer 2021) near Pattaya for me (non-Thai). Today,we made a successful 4 ½ hour roundtrip to Kasemrad International in Bangkok. THB 1650 per shot.

4 hours ago, mran66 said:

Your best bet is Banglamung Hospital.

The operation is not everyday and not always at the hospital. For location, dates follow

โรงพยาบาลบางละมุง on Facebook.

The best advice is that given just above. I got my Pfizer booster at the monks' college this past Saturday. It was the three month anniversary of my A-Z + A-Z. Sooo much better than RG.

Still, Pfizer + Pfizer is a special case; the delay is still 6 months, not 3. Nationwide.

15 hours ago, mran66 said:

It appears to be, heard similar from a friend who wanted a booster to his 2 Pfizers.... even the pay for Moderna option he was told no (locally). Might have read of someone getting one in Bangkok. 

Having done quite a bit of research I have decided to hang back from getting any booster shots and only getting the said booster if it is a requirement to re-new my visa or travel within Thailand  ...All the scare mongering and hype by the Worlds  media s getting to tiresome . I know people who've  had covid and not one has had a severe reaction .. just mild flu/cold like symptoms  and one (a smoker) had  persistent cough that lasted a few weeks .. ( sounds like a regular winter  cold sneeze & wheeze season in the UK) 

On 1/13/2022 at 11:39 AM, Jingthing said:

So why take such a high risk now?

What actually constitutes a high risk?

A booster queue where everyone has had 2 jabs, or visiting premises full of people of questionable vaccination status.

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

What actually constitutes a high risk?

A booster queue where everyone has had 2 jabs, or visiting premises full of people of questionable vaccination status.

Weird question.

People with two jabs get Omicron and are infectious.

You don't want to be in any crowded indoor space now!

The topic here relates to vaccine sites.

Edited by Jingthing

On 1/14/2022 at 8:35 PM, mahjongguy said:

Yes it is, and it's somewhat ambiguous even in Thai but I was assured that the intent in this case was "people living in Chonburi province". If that was what they meant then a driver's license should suffice.

"people living in Chonburi province" - would normally mean a blue or yellow book.