Third Booster shots ( Pattaya area )

banglay

On 1/14/2022 at 9:04 PM, Leaver said:

How would Banglamund hospital know how many vaccines could be needed when they don't even know how many "official" residents there are in Chonburi?

What about the hospitals in Issan, and the the blue books there?  Does that mean they have an over supply?

Thailand has a big domestic migrant workforce.  Hard to know where there are in the country.  

Irrelevant, if not registered in the catchment area you are not entitled.

I went with my sister in law for the flu jab program to Chonburi hospital. She had returned home but still had the blue book from her home in Bangkok and was turned away. Luckily she had been somewhere else shortly before and still had her birth certificate in her handbag which showed she had been born at that hospital. 

The hospital conceded and she was allowed to register at the hospital before proceeding to the flu jab program.

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Weird question.

People with two jabs get Omicron and are infectious.

You don't want to be in any crowded indoor space now!

The topic here relates to vaccine sites.

Only weird to those that lose perspective.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, sandyf said:

In the absence of anything specific, precedence is the only guide.

Huh?

They haven't been requiring this from EXPATS recently in PATTAYA.

End of discussion unless that changes.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mran66 said:

I just went to pattaya memorial to ask if possible to get booster. I have 2 Pfizers, 4 mo since last. 

Instant reply Yes. Moderna for 1650 baht. First they start to take details and said tomorrow for injection, but then a nurse came by and asked if you want now. 

Just got my shot and waiting to get out. 

Someone told pattaya international also would have but I did not manage to go there as stopped in memorial first as it on my way. 

Anyway seems paid shots are available now even if free ones are not, TIT. Seems even thais come for paid ones, guess because they want rna instead of Chinese... 

Wowza!.

Do you happen to know if it was a full dose or a half dose more appropriate for a booster?

Edited by Jingthing

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wowza!.

Do you happen to know if it was a full dose or a half dose more appropriate for a booster?

When I had my Moderna booster last month at BPH (after 2 AZ), I asked the injector nurse the same question.

Her answer was that the 1st, 2nd and booster shots are all the same dosage.

50 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wowza!.

I not sure but I assume it is same as 1st shot. I doubt they have several sizes at least not yet as people come to get their first ones now (Thai lady I know waiting to get 1st Moderna she paid for months ago, I think she said will get this week or next week in BPH, she refuses to take Chinese...) Several thai came to memorial to get shot during the 20min I there today

Marked as 1st dose in certificate, see pic. 

Screenshot_20220120-134519_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220120-134445_Gallery.jpg

Edited by mran66

23 hours ago, banglay said:

Having done quite a bit of research I have decided to hang back from getting any booster shots and only getting the said booster if it is a requirement to re-new my visa or travel within Thailand  ...All the scare mongering and hype by the Worlds  media s getting to tiresome . I know people who've  had covid and not one has had a severe reaction .. just mild flu/cold like symptoms  and one (a smoker) had  persistent cough that lasted a few weeks .. ( sounds like a regular winter  cold sneeze & wheeze season in the UK) 

Quite likely you talk of the omicron variant and I see your point. If there are still appreciable levels of Delta in the population you should think again.  Don't forget it has killed over 5 million and still adds to that daily. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Quite likely you talk of the omicron variant and I see your point. If there are still appreciable levels of Delta in the population you should think again.  Don't forget it has killed over 5 million and still adds to that daily. 

the figure don't fully speak the truth   someone in the UK requested information of deaths related to ONLY Covid and with NO underlying conditions   and the numbers were 17371  ....but he figure publish by the media are of people who died and also tested positive with Covid these numbers are 153,202     plus the the average age of death is 82 

2 hours ago, banglay said:

the figure don't fully speak the truth   someone in the UK requested information of deaths related to ONLY Covid and with NO underlying conditions   and the numbers were 17371  ....but he figure publish by the media are of people who died and also tested positive with Covid these numbers are 153,202     plus the the average age of death is 82 

Yes. I saw Dr J. Campbells video this morning too.......

More worrying was the likely high numbers of cancer/other deaths we will see due to people not being screened  or treated. A whole 'nother subject. 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:44 PM, mran66 said:

I just went to pattaya memorial to ask if possible to get booster. I have 2 Pfizers, 4 mo since last. 

Instant reply Yes. Moderna for 1650 baht. First they start to take details and said tomorrow for injection, but then a nurse came by and asked if you want now. 

Someone told pattaya international also would have but I did not manage to go there as stopped in memorial first as it on my way. 

Anyway seems paid shots are available now even if free ones are not, TIT. Seems even thais come for paid ones, guess because they want rna instead of Chinese... 

Wish I would have known this. I would have happily paid 1650 rather than deal with the mess at Royal Garden and also would have preferred Moderna instead of the Pfizer I got.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Wish I would have known this. I would have happily paid 1650 rather than deal with the mess at Royal Garden and also would have preferred Moderna instead of the Pfizer I got.

I also thought I was lucky to have been declined in RGP as could skip the hours of waiting in crowds for a small fee.

I thought Moderna and Pfizer comparable/similar, no? Having a different version as booster better for immunity, or how?

Edited by mran66

1 hour ago, mran66 said:

I also thought I was lucky to have been declined in RGP as could skip the hours of waiting in crowds for a small fee.

I thought Moderna and Pfizer comparable/similar, no? Having a different version as booster better for immunity, or how?

Not a huge difference but Moderna has been seen to have longer lasting antibody protection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2022 at 10:24 AM, sandyf said:

Irrelevant, if not registered in the catchment area you are not entitled.

Hardy irrelevant.  

How does creating a policy of who is entitled and where they are entitled, going to help the situation?  The virus doesn't have provincial borders.  

Many in Pattaya couldn't even afford the bus ticket back to the village for the purpose of vaccination.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:24 AM, sandyf said:

I went with my sister in law for the flu jab program to Chonburi hospital. She had returned home but still had the blue book from her home in Bangkok and was turned away. Luckily she had been somewhere else shortly before and still had her birth certificate in her handbag which showed she had been born at that hospital. 

The hospital conceded and she was allowed to register at the hospital before proceeding to the flu jab program.

Now that really is irrelevant.  

4 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Hardy irrelevant.  

How does creating a policy of who is entitled and where they are entitled, going to help the situation?  The virus doesn't have provincial borders.  

Many in Pattaya couldn't even afford the bus ticket back to the village for the purpose of vaccination.

Now that really is irrelevant.  

When it is said "for those living in Chonburi province", it means exactly that. In the 14 years I have lived in Mueang Chonburi come up against it more times than I care to remember. 

Of course you can pontificate as much as you want, but it would be quite irrelevant.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

When it is said "for those living in Chonburi province", it means exactly that.

"Living" and "registered" are two very different things in Thailand.  You know that.

I merely pointed out that Thailand has a huge domestic migrant workforce, so difficult to know how many vaccines should go where.

Just look at the statistics for voting in elections here.  

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

"Living" and "registered" are two very different things in Thailand.  You know that.

Tell that to those that are asking for proof of where you live, you know exactly what they expect to see, anything else is irrelevant.

The CDC have reduced the booster gap for Pfizer/Pfizer vaccinated people to five months. I wonder if Thailand will follow this and roll out the booster earlier. It would make sense. Memorial are allowing P/P to get a booster(Moderna) after only three months. I'm not sure if I'd want to do that. I'm closing in on 5 months anyway. If I get the paid one after 5 months, it helps reduce the queues for the free booster.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:44 PM, mran66 said:

Well you got super lucky then.

I went in today about noon hoping to pay for and get a booster today.

Nope.

I was able to pay for it for a booking in.a few weeks.

So not too bad.

The vaccine window this week there is Wednesday and Thursday 11 am to.1.

I was told that if I had arrived at 9 am and queued I could have been.jabbed today.

So PROBABLY if you go there tomorrow at 9 am you can be jabbed tomorrow.

But waiting two weeks isn't so bad.

https://m.facebook.com/PattayaMemorialHospitalfanpage/photos/a.101422868792041/256580926609567/?type=3&source=48

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:11 PM, Klonko said:

Couldn't find Moderna booster (after 2 Moderna shots in summer 2021) near Pattaya for me (non-Thai). Today,we made a successful 4 ½ hour roundtrip to Kasemrad International in Bangkok. THB 1650 per shot.

So a Moderna booster is OK after 2 Moderna jabs. 

Been wondering about that.